In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 15th, 2018 at 2:59:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

I mean,... I dunno. If I ban AZD for improper pronoun use, then it seems to me that I'd have to change everything, including banning anyone who made any disparaging comments about religion, what with our obvious religious population here. Am I wrong? This all is a road I am loathe to go down for just this reason, because I don't see where it ends. Someone point out the flaw in my thinking, please, if there is one.

Here is my stance. You are born male or female. Two genders. That is all there are. Chromosomes determine it, males are XY and females are XX. Excepting some very, very rare birth defects, which is not the case here. You cannot change this with a knife and loads of hormones. I do not buy into this "more genders" thing or the "but I identify as" thing. XY or XX. I do not entertain people calling guys "she" or women "he." FWIW, given the far greater of M2F vs F2M issues, I really think people should be seeing a shrink or getting some kind of treatment vs. going under a knife.

I will say it here and now, all the guys who think a guy can really become a "she" please tell me how many would have a sexual relationship with one. If a survey was taken, I would bet it would be in the 10% range for straight guys.

Nareed and I have each other mutually blocked for many years now. So it really has not been an issue, except for other people getting offended for someone else.
The President is a fink.
February 15th, 2018 at 4:38:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
I will say it here and now, all the guys who think a guy can really become a "she" please tell me how many would have a sexual relationship with one. If a survey was taken, I would bet it would be in the 10% range for straight guys.

If you can accept FrGamles life of celibacy, I don't see why this matters a fig to you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2018 at 4:53:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
If you can accept FrGamles life of celibacy, I don't see why this matters a fig to you.

I do not see the connection. I am saying no matter how "tolerant" a guy is when the chips are down he would not select a trans-sexual as a mate. I put it at 10% or so. My guess is Gallup and others would be scared to death to publish such a poll.
The President is a fink.
February 15th, 2018 at 5:41:59 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
So, honest question: am I allowed to refer to EB and AZ using female pronouns?

Cause I will.

I can even say that it's my deeply held spiritual belief that grouchy conservatives on gambling boards are all secretly female if that helps ease anyone's conscience....
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 15th, 2018 at 5:43:45 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Regarding automotive deaths - how many of those were inflicted intentionally with a car?

How many killing rampages have people gone on with a car?

You can be sure that, if those things were happening, there would be a lot less access to cars.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 15th, 2018 at 5:55:51 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Dalex64
Regarding automotive deaths - how many of those were inflicted intentionally with a car?

How many killing rampages have people gone on with a car?

You can be sure that, if those things were happening, there would be a lot less access to cars.

Sucide by car is quite a common method. Running down someone on purpose is hardly unknown. That is without even going into the terrorist attacks with trucks and pedestrians.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 15th, 2018 at 5:56:01 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: petroglyph
I have said it before. I would like every one of these multiple killers to be drug tested, and the result made public. I've said if from at least the theater shooter in Colo. [who was found to be taking prescription mind altering medications] to the Mall shooter in Oregon and Texas and Florida and Vegas. I believe that every one of them is taking some kind of anxiety meds.

Train and arm the teachers that are willing. Put an armed sky marshal on the back of every plane, and an undercover one in the middle. This crap mostly goes away.

As we know, taking guns away from law abiding Americans won't help. I think it was last week, another ccp holder in Az. saved another cops life who was getting the crap beat out of him. Cop admits the guy saved him.

"
Florida High School shooter taken into custody

The suspected gunman in Wednesday’s deadly school shooting in Florida is a “troubled” former student obsessed with firearms — who was once identified as a potential threat to his fellow classmates, according to a report." All anyone will hear is guns, the fact that they are "troubled" will get lost in the background.

But we don't know that. In fact, we know the opposite. When compared to every other first world country, the one thing that correlates directly to the obscene number of shootings, is the obscene number of guns in this country, and the ease of getting them.

Not age, not drugs, not wealth, not one other thing. Instead of being Switzerland, Australia, or the UK, we equate to...Yemen. Who are in the midst of a civil war. And so are we, though undeclared.

We can change this. We have to. Even if it means cold dead hands. Better yours than children slaughtered under your irresponsible, greedy lawlessness. (And, no, I'm not talking about responsible gun owners lIke you, petro.) I'm talking about gun manufacturers and gun sellers, who insist on selling assault weapons to children. And greedy politicians who sit with their thumbs up their asses rather than putting responsible laws in place. Laws favored by a large majority of Americans, including majority Republicans and majority gun owners.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 15th, 2018 at 5:59:03 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
I do not see the connection. I am saying no matter how "tolerant" a guy is when the chips are down he would not select a trans-sexual as a mate. I put it at 10% or so. My guess is Gallup and others would be scared to death to publish such a poll.

Not relevant how many men would sleep with a man surigically altered to look like a woman.

We are a nation of laws. If the law allows someone to change their gender via surgery, then so be it. If you don't like the law, then convince a majority of constituents to vote in politicians who will overturn it.
But AZ, as Face pointed out, should not be forced to use a pronoun he feels is wrong.

I now frequently work on transgender people. We will always refer to them with the pronoun they choose. I believe that I could opt to not be involved in their care, but cannot choose to use a pronoun that they did not choose. I strongly believe in the doctrine of individual determination and informed consent. Although to me it seems wrong to disfigure normal human anatomy, I will always respect the patient's autonomy and right to make such a decision.
February 15th, 2018 at 6:16:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Not relevant how many men would sleep with a man surigically altered to look like a woman.

There's the understatement of the millennium. Of course it's irrelevant.

That being said, I bet the number is significantly higher than 10%. When they get desperate, you'd be surprised how many straight guys live by the "a hole is a hole and a mouth is a mouth" motto.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 15th, 2018 at 6:58:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody hearing the words 'coup attempt'
being batted around seriously? This is
astounding stuff, it looking more and
more like members of Obama's admin
attempted a coup d'etat to oust the
newly elected president from office to
cover the crimes they themselves committed.

This story grows by the minute almost, too
much to keep up with. Some are even saying
Mueller stopped working on Russia months
ago and has been full time on the coup instead.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.