Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs

Thank you. Great post.

It is? I must be the only one not
understanding what the hell he's
talking about. Somebody want to
put it in English and clue me in?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 16th, 2018 at 6:16:44 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
Fix what by tomorrow, what the heck
do you mean. You quote me and then
say fix it. Fix what.

Quoted you only to show I'm taking your advice.

The "fix" I speak of is this constant nit picking, dart throwing, jab and parry that this forum is becoming rife with. And honestly, I find no need to have to explain specifics to a number of adults whose age exceeds mine. Everyone knows the level of decorum has fallen below what has always been considered an acceptable level. No one here is a short timer who is unaware of the culture. It needs to be fixed. I wish for those who find themselves in conflict to fix it themselves.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 16th, 2018 at 6:19:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Face
Quoted you only to show I'm taking your advice.
The "fix" I speak of is this constant nit picking, dart throwing, jab and parry that this forum is becoming rife with.

Do you have examples? I have Ams and others
blocked so I don't have to deal with them at
all. I need examples so I know what not to do.

What does all the pronoun business mean.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 16th, 2018 at 6:20:19 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
It is? I must be the only one not
understanding what the hell he's
talking about. Somebody want to
put it in English and clue me in?
It's ot rocket science Bob. Show appropriate courtesy to fellow members. If you struggle to refer to Nareed using the words 'She' or 'her' just refer to Nareed by name.
"He/She prefers to be treated as a lady" would become in your posts "Nareed prefers to be treated as a lady."
Fail to use at least that level of respect and expect Face to kick you into touch.

OK? Get it now?
Granted, I don't know what he specifically meant by 'fix it', but you have enough to work with. You and others should fix your attitude before he fixes it for you.
February 16th, 2018 at 6:35:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: OnceDear
You and others should fix your attitude before he fixes it for you.

Really? Do I know you? I've been here
since 2012 and have almost 13,000
posts. You've been here a couple months.
So again, really?
February 16th, 2018 at 6:43:49 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Really? Do I know you? I've been here
since 2012 and have almost 13,000
posts. You've been here a couple months.
So again, really?
Well Whoop Di Doo
I don't give a tinkers cuss how well established you are here. You asked for an explanation of face's post. I gave it. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
Your time spent here gives you the same rank and privilege as mine: None. This is Mike Shackleford's domain and the rules are as laid down by him and as enforced/applied by his chosen moderators.
February 16th, 2018 at 6:46:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
And AZ, I am disappointed that you won't answer my question, what bathroom do you want a born male now with a female constructed body to use?

I said I would prefer they stay home and use their own. If you are pressing me, once they offer no chance of sexual danger to females they could use the ladies room.
The President is a fink.
February 16th, 2018 at 6:55:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
As promised.
You ever have a long post in your head and decide not to write it?

Yes, but they are never as long as yours. : )

Quote:
I maintain that I will not force pronouns unto those who find it displeasing. It would not be right to do so. However, I recognize Nareed's hurt and will not stand by and watch it happen. So to alleviate all issues, those with pronoun discomfort shall simply refer to her as her proper noun "Nareed", or as has been done for the last 1,300days+, you can not refer to her at all. Improper use of pronoun will result in standard Martingale punishment, and that includes taunts directed at members not associated with this specific thread and/or topic.

Yay. As ii never was a binary choice anyway. Maybe I don't want to refer to someone by something they prefer. If I refuse to call you Sir Face, doesn't mean I now get to call you Ma'am. Or whatever. There's a least a dozen other ways to refer to someone some other way. This person, this individual, the person in post484739, the post 5:19am and by name.

According to the Wizard rules of conduct, intentionally not being polite is frowned upon from what I remember. Intentionally ignoring some preference seems to be rude to me and most of us, including Nareed, know exactly what lines to cross to get in trouble if we want to. So, I never really feel sorry for anyone who has been around here for a long time if they push the limit and get slammed.

I
Quote:
You emulate the lowest common denominator compelled solely by the reason of "they did it first", in a race to the bottom that somehow you are all winning.

Yup. Funny this idea never bothers me. I often race to the bottom when shoved.. Putting that on my tombstone. I be on the bottom then.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 16th, 2018 at 7:05:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: OnceDear
Well Whoop Di Doo
I don't give a tinkers cuss .

February 16th, 2018 at 7:19:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Answering questions is easy. I've had this one posed many a time. I've thought of it independently, perhaps after reading a story or event. An no, I cannot conceive of a situation where I'd be sexually or romantically attracted to a trans woman. Additionally, I feel if a situation were to occur where it did happen without my knowledge, I would be quite upset indeed.

That being said, the sexual preferences of one man, of a hundred men, of the majority of men have f#$% all to do with the topic at hand. The fact that womanhood is being reduced to "How sexually attractive one is" is some of the most... I don't even know.

Thank you for the honest answer. But it is not about womanhood being about how sexually attractive one is. It is about "is this guy now a woman?" Assuming that one could be fixed up to look equal to a woman a guy would be reasonably attracted to, would said guy have a sexual relationship when right before they left for his place, someone whispered in his ear, "Bo, you do know she used to be a guy, don't you?"

If the guy hesitates in the least it shows that his biology is saying, "Hey, Bo, something is wrong here!" That is my point. I flat out said I find something wrong, no way I would even consider it. I think most guys would say the same if they knew they were anonymous.

All being said, time to move on. Though if one of the males out there wants to say, "I'd have no problem with it" that might be interesting to see. So far none have. If only I had my own talk show........
The President is a fink.