In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 16th, 2018 at 7:36:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
But you can use the "most guys" things to prove almost nothing.

I'm taking wild guesses here.

Most guys don't want to be peed on.
Most guys don't need a dominatrix
Most guys don't steal panties from clotheslines.
Most guys don't need the woman on the bottom all the time.
Most guys etc., etc. etc.,

And for all I know any one of those could be the opposite in factual nature.. The point is, there is always the other group, called "some guys" Some guys like certain things most guys don't.

Some times those groups are small. I don't why you discount that. Most people aren't redheaded or lefthanded, What what so what? They all count!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 16th, 2018 at 9:58:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Watching Brian Williams outtakes on Utube
from today after the big nothing burger
about the Russians. It was hilarious watching
him try and spin it this way and that, trying
to get Trump involved in it somehow. He
completely ignored where Rosenstein said
no Americans were implicated. It was like
the air being slowly let out of a balloon,
watching Williams. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 17th, 2018 at 5:40:53 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Seventy-five percent of fish in the NW Atlantic have microplastics in their stomachs.
/.
February 17th, 2018 at 5:43:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Household cleaning sprays do no better than a microfiber cloth and water but do cumulative damage to women's lungs though it appears that five servings of fruits and vegetables a day will prevent the damage.
February 17th, 2018 at 6:24:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
Really? Do I know you? I've been here
since 2012 and have almost 13,000
posts. You've been here a couple months.
So again, really?

Quote: OnceDear
Well Whoop Di Doo
I don't give a tinkers cuss how well established you are here. You asked for an explanation of face's post. I gave it. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
Your time spent here gives you the same rank and privilege as mine: None. This is Mike Shackleford's domain and the rules are as laid down by him and as enforced/applied by his chosen moderators.

ROTFL
EB thinks he's a king here due to 13k posts
Really EB? You actually think 13k posts, (many totally wrong such as your ebola mania posts) gives you cred here
So again, really?
I think it shows a posting addiction
Where EB is loud and proud about being addicted to posting over 13k posts
I find myself a bit embarrassed for posting here so much
lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 17th, 2018 at 1:26:07 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: rxwine
Yes, but they are never as long as yours. : )

Brevity is lost on me. As every single person is all too aware lol

I don't always mean to, and I do realize I could perhaps increase effectiveness if I could be more concise. I guess it's a quirk of mine, this need to be as clear and understandable as I can possibly be. Especially when dealing with official matters, I find decrees shouted from on high to be... irritating, if not outright offensive. I don't like speaking down to people, or treating them like children. Additionally, I desire to be understood. Some 80% of communication is non-verbal, and here we don't even have verbal. Tone, inflection, posture, body language, these are all lost here. I basically feel I need to be as I am just to provide the clarity needed for my words to be effective.

Plus... I guess I hope it helps convey a message. I want people to see my line of thinking, as opposed to just hearing the result of it. I want it seen both for the opportunity for members to point out flaws, but also as a sense of transparency, to see the inner workings, the influences behind the decision. And I guess for my own promotion, to see just how seriously things are taken and just how hard I and my cohorts work to try to find an acceptable solution for all. I don't always like sitting here for hours on end either. But sometimes it seems necessary.

I've (obviously) got a lot more to say. S'pose I'll make a new post for it.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 17th, 2018 at 1:35:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: terapined
ROTFL
EB thinks he's a king here due to 13k posts

I think it means, send all your complaining to EB. He wants to hear it. Pages and pages of it.

(now FACE can sit back and relax : )
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 17th, 2018 at 2:05:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
I've (obviously) got a lot more to say.

The key to posts that people
will actually read is, know what your
point is before you type. State your
opinion and quit.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 17th, 2018 at 2:06:53 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: petroglyph
I am specifically suspect of anti-depressants. https://www.emedicinehealth.com/ssris_and_depression/article_em.htm

Looks like there may be some question as to the mental soundness of Zachery Cruz, Nicholas brother? https://nypost.com/2018/02/17/school-shooters-brother-committed-to-mental-facility/amp/

The fact alone that someone would commit mass murder to me, is proof of their insanity.

All murders are hate crimes
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 17th, 2018 at 2:41:27 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I'm a little tentative diving back into this, what with things seeming to have settled down. But I've said before that I prefer to "watch and see", and on this topic, I've seen enough to act. While most of me wants to just kick back and let it go, I feel I would be remiss to not see this to the end. So here we go...

AZDuffman, here's my thing. It is very difficult for me to envision you writing your post up to your use of "him" without noticing you were about to do something that would hurt another member. I do feel there was an opportunity for you to abstain, and I do feel you made a conscious decision to put your wants over those of the forum at large. What makes me feel that way goes back to what Babs charged you with at WoV, the case of there being an opportunity to make amends, where you instead doubled down on what caused the hurt. I feel your unprovoked discussion about your personal feelings about the transgendered all but prove that your actions were pure self interest with no consideration for the forum and its many members.

I'll tell you that this has hurt me personally. I recall a time when Nareed was very open about her struggle. Everything from going out in public for the first time as a woman, to some of the experiences she had on her journey. Those are gone now. And while some may cheer that they're no longer exposed to something they don't like, I know others have been deeply hurt by this. I know, because I am one of them. I have a young member of my family who is having identity issues. A little girl who has gone well passed "tomboy" to the point hormonal treatment has been mentioned. And, well... I'm white trash. My family is mostly country dumb and quite unsophisticated. I feel a a very strong desire, even a NEED, to be a part of this, to be there for my darling little cousin, as I don't have faith that any of my family has the wherewithal to do so. But I can't. I don't know anything about this. I've always been a fan of Nareed and I see that here is a possible resource, not just to allay my own fears and stresses, but to perhaps be the only person this little girl has in her life that has the knowledge necessary to help her. But ever since Nareed pulled back years ago after her treatment at WoV, I've never felt comfortable enough to approach her. I do not lay this solely at your feet, there were several involved. But I feel it important to mention this, as these actions can and sometimes do have real life consequences, as I am now unfortunately aware of.

And further... dude, it makes me uncomfortable as hell addressing you in such a manner. Not only because we're all adults and it's weird correcting an adult, but I've always felt you a solid ally. I want you to know that my insistence in not letting this go, and my recent targeting of you specifically, is not only my concern for the forum but because of my concern for YOU. I don't know whether to describe you as a kindred spirit or as an inspiration, because your typical decorum has been one which I would have prescribed for many people. You and I have oft championed the idea of not lowering ourselves to other's standards, specifically mentioning forum behavior under the umbrella of "personal responsibility". I remember you making many statements about how "mature adults" should act. And ever since election season, I see what I feel is a gradual yet continual down slide in you. No longer do you simply state a stance and let it stand, but you seem to beat people over the head with it. I get the tit for tat aspect at play here, but then again I don't, because for nearly ten years now you've always been above it. I guess I said all that to say I'm not intending to hang you from the flag pole for others to leer and jeer at. Rather, I'm willing to withstand the discomfort to try to help a friend. I hope you can see it that way.

And, my friends, I do not bring up AZD because AZD is the problem. terapined, I have for as long as I've known you looked at you as the forum pacifist. You've always been copacetic to the point it pissed me off, as I couldn't understand how someone could be so goddamn cooool all the time. But lately... I find you doing the same thing. Since election season, you've been much more direct, not bashing ideas but bashing members. I, again, totally get the tit for tat at play here. I get the "taste of your own medicine" reaction. But we all know that stuff doesn't fly, and I'd hope we all know that we are better than that.

I could go on. And on and on and on. What I'm trying to say is this does not involve just those mentioned, or just those in this thread. There is a pervasive animosity throughout almost every single interaction that's taking place, and I can no longer tolerate it. Comments from others lead me to believe they wish it gone as well. Something must be done, but I am Out. To. Lunch. on this thing. I agonized over the "Fix it" comment all day, because it's more of the decree, the mandate, the me imposing my will. I don't want to talk like that, I don't want to fix anything. But folks, I plead with thee, I HAVE TO fix this, and my way will be terrible for no other reason than I don't know how. Should we go that route, I see mandates catering to those with non-traditional sexuality. That of course would hold me liable to offer the same protections for those who are religious. Then it would have to stretch into politics. And on and on we go, until we're just playing the same game but with different pieces. My way will be S#$%, and I say that as a warning of my own inabilities as opposed to a tough guy threat. If YOU, the member of the forum behind the keyboard, can just excersize basic human decency, just that and no more, I think that alone might be enough to make all of this go away.

Please try. We'll all be better off for the effort.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.