In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 15th, 2018 at 3:09:11 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: AZDuffman
That and he won by less than the margin of the Libertarian in the race. Liberals are talking like all the Trump supporters are angry and have flipped. They have not done so. So many of these "big wins" are not really big. One they barely beat a guy in a last minute sex scandal. Another a barely win in a Blue State. PA was local, not any kind of Trump hate.

As I am sure you are aware, the big win was not the margin of victory, but the percent swing from republican to democrat.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 15th, 2018 at 3:13:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
As I am sure you are aware, the big win was not the margin of victory, but the percent swing from republican to democrat.

I am aware. I am also aware that in special elections this is more normal. Turnout is lower, so a small group of motivated folks can swing things. On the ground here there is not this massive Trump-hate that liberals seen to think there is.
The President is a fink.
March 15th, 2018 at 4:56:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Another a barely win in a Blue State. PA was local, not any kind of Trump hate.

I'm loving the delusion here.

PA is a "blue state." Well, it voted for Trump.

This was not a statewide PA election. It was a PA-18 election. An incredibly red district. An illegally gerrymandered district that was created solely for the purpose of giving the GOP candidate (whoever that happened to be) the advantage.

And he lost.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 15th, 2018 at 7:25:36 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
I'm loving the delusion here.

PA is a "blue state." Well, it voted for Trump.

This was not a statewide PA election. It was a PA-18 election. An incredibly red district. An illegally gerrymandered district that was created solely for the purpose of giving the GOP candidate (whoever that happened to be) the advantage.

And he lost.

I am not surprised by the reaction.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 15th, 2018 at 7:41:27 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
There are 119 GOP seats in the House that went for Trump in 2016 with a SMALLER margin than the seat that flipped last night. Of course this is horrible news for the Dems. ;)

Oh, so horrible. if current trends continue, the Democrats will have no seats at all by November.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 15th, 2018 at 9:22:07 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
SUNY Fredonia study on micro plastics in bottled water hitting the headlines 'round the world. If you eat any fish, you are eating microplastics.
If you drink any bottled water, you are drinking microplastics. Inescapable.
March 15th, 2018 at 10:03:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
SUNY Fredonia study on micro plastics in bottled water hitting the headlines 'round the world. If you eat any fish, you are eating microplastics.
If you drink any bottled water, you are drinking microplastics. Inescapable.

This is why I don't buy a microscope and examine my tap water
I need to use it regardless
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 15th, 2018 at 12:14:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
MOSCOW — More than three tons of gold fell from the sky in Russia on Thursday.
The hatch of a plane opened as it took off from an airport in Yakutsk in eastern Siberia scattering its cargo.
The Nimbus Airlines AN-12 was carrying about nine tons of gold and other precious metals, according to local media.

Yes, I could use an exotic vacation destination. How's the weather in Siberia?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/gold-bars-worth-millions-fall-plane-over-russia-n856941
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 15th, 2018 at 12:36:28 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Its actually quite pleasing I hear, but often better if you are the one holding the rifle or inside the cook house. Out picking up heavy gold is great but its a difficult hike and swim to get it anywhere.
March 15th, 2018 at 12:52:56 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine

I hear there are two seasons: winter, and June 21st.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER