In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 22nd, 2018 at 1:49:12 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
We're told to mind suspicious packages, perhaps activity. Nothing on suspicious persons. Probably because, having been ensconced in 1,400 strangers lives for 3 years, people are f#$%ing weird. All of them, and almost at all times.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
March 22nd, 2018 at 1:56:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Ukrainian Pros are the best,
Russian Pros are next,
but Pro Russian is very different.
And 'team editors' under a fake name is usually a poor sign of reliability.
https://archive.fo/a8Nxh

Main stream media is opinion management.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 22nd, 2018 at 1:58:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
...having been ensconced in 1,400 strangers lives for 3 years, people are f#$%ing weird. All of them, and almost at all times.
I have come to the conclusion that, I am the only person that is normal.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 22nd, 2018 at 2:39:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
people are f#$%ing weird. All of them, and almost at all times.

It's your area, people around here aren't
weird at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 22nd, 2018 at 3:00:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
I have come to the conclusion that, I am the only person that is normal.

You're in a tank filled with stabilizing fluid just like everyone else.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 22nd, 2018 at 3:45:25 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
We're told to mind suspicious packages, perhaps activity. Nothing on suspicious persons. Probably because, having been ensconced in 1,400 strangers lives for 3 years, people are f#$%ing weird. All of them, and almost at all times.
It is a fine line and one never knows just how alert some counter clerk is. If the guy is just starting his shift he might notice how people are dressed and be aware of recent headlines but if its near the end of shift and his feet are sore he might solely be aware of the clock. And those attempting nefarious acts may know this and time their activities accordingly.

Several weeks ago I was in a quick ship/mailbox type place that suddenly had really long lines and the sole clerk on duty was being run frazzled. I doubt she would have noticed anything strange about the people or the packages. I noticed one guy had put a bag down and off to the side but later found out it was a box of saltines and a bottle of some green sugary drink (homeless, not homicidal).
March 22nd, 2018 at 4:35:02 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Will the invasion of Iran begin before or after the mid term elections?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 22nd, 2018 at 5:52:56 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Guccifer 2.0, the "romanian" who hacked the DNC and gave emails to WikiLeaks and trump political adviser Roger Stone, was really a Russian agent. Who would have thunk it?

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-lone-dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-slipped-up-and-revealed-he-was-a-russian-intelligence-officer
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 22nd, 2018 at 7:50:21 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Dalex64
Guccifer 2.0, the "romanian" who hacked the DNC and gave emails to WikiLeaks and trump political adviser Roger Stone, was really a Russian agent. Who would have thunk it?

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-lone-dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-slipped-up-and-revealed-he-was-a-russian-intelligence-officer

I was JUST coming here to post this! Holy crud. Wow. Dot-connecting extraordinaire.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 23rd, 2018 at 2:19:09 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Its rare that a treasure trove of documents arises from simply a disgruntled insider who was forced to miss his lunch hour or who lost his favored parking space, most such 'leaks' are from moles and nowadays a hacker can burrow very rapidly. A "core dump" from an organization usually means someone on the outside wanted it to happen.

I still think WikiLeaks is a good site irrespective of its having been used as a "front".