In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 16th, 2018 at 7:03:12 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Fleastiff
What about joint diseases such as gout?

No gout and no other chronic or serious diseases yet. Knock on wood.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 16th, 2018 at 9:23:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Canada's Liberal party considers decriminalization of all illicit drugs.

Decriminalization <> Legalization of course. And by the article the Tony Montanas of Canada would still be criminals, just the guy looking to get high at home is not. In that regard, I do not see how it lowers violence and crime all that much. OTOH, I do lately tale the position of the meeting in "The Godfather" that not much you can do so just control the sale. Make staying clean a condition of welfare and let companies discriminate against users if they wish.

Would many Americans leave for Canada to take advantage?
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2018 at 10:18:19 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
duplicate
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 16th, 2018 at 10:19:04 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25

Decriminalization <> Legalization of course. And by the article the Tony Montanas of Canada would still be criminals, just the guy looking to get high at home is not. In that regard, I do not see how it lowers violence and crime all that much. OTOH, I do lately tale the position of the meeting in "The Godfather" that not much you can do so just control the sale. Make staying clean a condition of welfare and let companies discriminate against users if they wish.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/07/11/oregon-legislature-passes-bill-decriminalizing-heroin-cocaine-meth-possession-hoping-to-curb-mass-incarceration/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9825822f359a My brother says if the cops do anything at all they just write a ticket for narcotics, in Oregon.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 16th, 2018 at 10:34:02 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: petroglyph

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/07/11/oregon-legislature-passes-bill-decriminalizing-heroin-cocaine-meth-possession-hoping-to-curb-mass-incarceration/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9825822f359a My brother says if the cops do anything at all they just write a ticket for narcotics, in Oregon.

There is already much open drug use in Canada that the police turn a blind eye to. The government even build "safe injection sites" where users can bring in their own drugs in a safe a sterile environment with a nurse on site.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 16th, 2018 at 10:55:55 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
For the first time in 33 years the Boston Marathon women's division was won by an American. (Desiree Linden). For the first time in 28 years neither the men's nor the women's division were won by African runners. No doubt the Kinyans and Ethiopians did not like the cold wet weather.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 16th, 2018 at 11:06:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
No doubt the Kinyans and Ethiopians did not like the cold wet weather.

Or just a separate volume knob on the alarm clock.
The President is a fink.
April 16th, 2018 at 11:47:55 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Confusion today. Comey said in the
interview that yes, Trump is 'very
intelligent', and he is 'absolutely
mentally fit to be president'.

This can't be right. CNN says your
average garden rock is smarter
than Trump, and he belongs in
a straight jacket in a mental ward.

Fake news from Comey.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 16th, 2018 at 11:57:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Comey said Trump didn't have anything like dementia, but that he was unfit for the Presidency. Morally unfit.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 16th, 2018 at 11:58:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Just announced Trump's lawyer has two other clients besides Trump. One is Sean Hannity.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?