In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 30th, 2018 at 9:42:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
There have been some frightening people in history who had the same gift.

And some great ones. Churchill, Reagan and
MLK. Hitler was great also, though his subject
matter left something to be desired.

They say Mr Rogers was a master of pursuasion
and a top notch public speaker.

Rogers was an expert in using rhetoric to effectively communicate with any audience, not just children, a quality best evidenced in his appearance before a senate committee to save his show’s funding in 1969.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 1st, 2018 at 2:35:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
It's slow on the forum, but East of the Mississippi,
it's 80 degrees and Spring today. Bout time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 1st, 2018 at 3:25:14 PM permalink
JB
Administrator
Threads: 10
We got a couple inches of snow the night before last. It was melted by yesterday afternoon. Gotta love the northeast.
May 1st, 2018 at 3:30:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

Lost my client today, other things on my mind.
The President is a fink.
May 1st, 2018 at 4:59:16 PM permalink
Evenbob

I was carting box after box after box
of books between rooms today. I
forgot how heavy the damn things
are. I have a floor to 12' ceiling by
8' bookcase that I built in 83. I'm
taking all the books I care about and
putting them in my bedroom. Exciting, huh.

Thank god for Amazon. I bet I have 50
books just on Sinatra and Hemingway
that I got about 2000. It was a phase..

And I found half a dozen Phillip K Dick
books I got in the 70's. Going to reread
them.
May 1st, 2018 at 9:18:51 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump (TV Special 15 March 2011). I saw this on TV the other day. If you think that Donald Trump cannot take some humor at his own expense, then you should watch this special.

Seth MacFarlane: By the way, Donald, it's pronounced "huge," not "eyuge". Also, it's pronounced "I am f@cking delusional," not "I am running for President."

Larry King: Donald Trump is not only one of my oldest and dearest friends, he is an American success story. When he graduated college, he put his shoulder to the wheel, nose to the grindstone... borrowed $6 million from his father, and started a career. Donald Trump, without a doubt, you're a New York landmark. Which means it will only be a matter of time before you bulldoze yourself and put up some gaudy, tacky monstrosity, and put your name on it.

Snoop Dogg: Now he's talking about running for President. Why not? It wouldn't be the first time he kicked a black family out of their house.

Anthony Jeselnik: Donald, I'm not sure if you're even aware of this, but the only difference between you and Michael Douglas from the movie, Wall Street, is that no one's going to be sad when you get cancer.

Whitney Cummings: [to the Don] On your show, The Apprentice, you've had Nene Leakes from The Real Housewives, Brande Roderick and Lisa Rinna- you've given more uneducated whores on-camera jobs than Fox News.

Whitney Cummings: [to the Don] You got Melania a huge 12 karats diamond engagement ring. You should not have gotten her a diamond- now she knows what hard is supposed to feel like.

Whitney Cummings: [to the Don] You recently said that you wanted to run for president- that is such a publicity stunt. If I wanted to support a greedy whore who's pretending to run for president just to get on TV, I'd vote for Sarah Palin.

Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino: [to Donald] I've seen pictures of your house. Everything in your house is gold. Who the fuck decorated your house, Flava-Flav's dentist?

Gilbert Gottfried: I've heard word that Donald Trump has done so much damage to the New York Skyline, that instead of calling him the Donald, they should call him the 20th hijacker.

Gilbert Gottfried: [Speaking for Marlee] Thank you, Donald Trump. You're the best. This has been a thrill for me. It's not often that you get a boss that can laugh at himself.
Marlee Matlin: [Speaking] Now, please stop staring at my tits.
May 2nd, 2018 at 3:37:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I was carting box after box after box
of books between rooms today. I
forgot how heavy the damn things
are. I have a floor to 12' ceiling by
8' bookcase that I built in 83. I'm
taking all the books I care about and
putting them in my bedroom. Exciting, huh.

Thank god for Amazon. I bet I have 50
books just on Sinatra and Hemingway
that I got about 2000. It was a phase..

And I found half a dozen Phillip K Dick
books I got in the 70's. Going to reread
them.

I used to have shelves of books but got rid of most of them. Lots were $1 deals that just looked interesting. I rarely looked at them so figured basically give them away and let someone else enjoy them. I really like life better in a smaller place with less unneeded stuff around. I could not get down to one of those 250 sq ft places I saw on YT, but no need for 1,500, either.
The President is a fink.
May 2nd, 2018 at 5:52:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Pacomartin
Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump (TV Special 15 March 2011). .

According to the comedians who participated in the Roast, there was only one topic that was off limits: they weren't allowed to say Donald wasn't as rich as he claims to be.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 3rd, 2018 at 6:44:18 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
This news about Trump doesn't make sense. Why would he pay for an NDA when there is nothing for her to disclose?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 3rd, 2018 at 7:36:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: FrGamble
This news about Trump doesn't make sense. Why would he pay for an NDA when there is nothing for her to disclose?

Standard legal practice. Also keeps her from lying since she can’t say anything at all.
The President is a fink.