Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
heard that about his body odor as well.

He's European, they don't bathe more
than once a week. Try riding a public
bus in Spain or Italy in July. It'll trigger
the gag reflex and you'll be hanging
your head out the window. They don't
smell it because they're used to stinking.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 11th, 2018 at 5:11:13 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
He's European, they don't bathe more
than once a week. Try riding a public
bus in Spain or Italy in July. It'll trigger
the gag reflex and you'll be hanging
your head out the window. They don't
smell it because they're used to stinking.
I wouldn't like it at all. I have crazy good olfactory senses.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 11th, 2018 at 5:36:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
I wouldn't like it at all. I have crazy good olfactory senses.

And they love garlic, it's comes out
their pores when they sweat in the
summer. It's an unforgettable gagging
olfactory extravaganza..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 11th, 2018 at 5:50:24 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I was in Barcelona and Paris in May, using public transportation, several days each. They did not stink there, and it was warm enough they would have.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
May 11th, 2018 at 6:26:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So, basically Assange has been living pretty close to the type of prison life he would get here in the US. Had he come back, even if convicted he would be able to communicate from his jail.

He is a non-violent first time offender. He probably would be pardoned under Trump.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 11th, 2018 at 7:36:06 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: beachbumbabs
I was in Barcelona and Paris in May, using public transportation, several days each. They did not stink there, and it was warm enough they would have.

I agree Babs, I lived in Italy for years and as usually Bob is prone to great exaggeration.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 12th, 2018 at 4:28:54 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Great exaggeration is fodder for the tabloids on all topics.

Assange had privately filed charges in Sweden, obviously politically motivated.

wikiLeaks published what they received, despite their donor having political motives for supplying the leaked documents. I don't blame WikiLeaks as I'm sure most "leakers" have motives to do so that involve bias or revenge.

He made some contacts and statements contrary to Ecudorian interests.

I don't know about his personal hygiene habits but his cat still loves him and is, I believe, still on Twitter.

The police/military presence around the embassy in London cost millions and was paid by the USA not the UK so I assume the "Intelligence Community" wants him real bad. They want to give him a bath. A blood bath.
May 12th, 2018 at 6:21:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Pakistan is preventing a US diplomat from leaving because they want to put him on trial for running over a motorcycle rider and killing him.

I'm sure the guy really doesn't want to be tried in Pakistan for several reasons, but can't argue with Pakistan trying to settle the matter.

I know there are one or more movies where a character taunts that he has diplomatic immunity, and then another character puts a bullet hole right through his card putting a bullet in the guy's head. (or similar)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pakistan-usa/pakistan-bars-u-s-diplomat-from-leaving-amid-tense-relations-media-idUSKCN1ID0NH
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 15th, 2018 at 1:37:10 AM permalink
Fleastiff
A database of images from over five thousand deep sea dives has been released and it seems that a large plastic grocery bag was found at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Not fragments but a large, intact plastic bag undegraded in any way.
May 15th, 2018 at 1:37:10 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Apparently large numbers of google employees are extremely discontented by Project Maven, the google AI effort to aid the US military in ultrafast drone image analysis and shoot/don't shoot decision making.

Heck, every weapon can be used for bad purposes. There is no use in having drone images if they can't be viewed and acted upon. A human pilot can have an itchy trigger finger, why not a drone pilot? Or an autonomous drone?