In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 16th, 2018 at 4:27:41 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Good for him! It's wrong that teachers have to teach in a foreign language to make illegals more comfortable.

I support immigration the way it was when everyone came through Ellis Island.

It is way past time when American should be declared our official language.

Illegals?
I arrange relocation travel for my clients
They always bring their families with them
These are US companies that have a huge international presence with a lot of employees here and in many foreign countries.
Relocation is pretty common. US to another country for a family. Another country to the US for a family.
People get promoted and accept a position in another country.
Happens all the time. International business experience translates into moving up the ladder quickly.

Everybody in the video can speak English
Who cares if somebody has a private conversation in another language
What's next, thought police?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 16th, 2018 at 4:27:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Good for him! It's wrong that teachers have to teach in a foreign language to make illegals more comfortable.

In the old days they just got thrown in an English class. If they failed, they did it again. Guess what, they learned English!

America--CLOSED FOR BUSINESS, OWNER GONE NUTS!
The President is a fink.
May 16th, 2018 at 6:18:36 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
They always bring their families with them
These are US companies that have a huge international presence with a lot of employees here and in many foreign countries.
Relocation is pretty common. US to another country for a family. Another country to the US for a family.
I have family in south America and my parents worked in the mid east.

Yes promotion and success are wonderful. It is up to the parents to take care of their kids. If kids need tutors, so that parents can rocket up the success ladder, than they can figure that out.

America can't furnish teachers in 90 languages. Why not have the relocated people learn to speak American? It will help the kids significantly to be at least bi-lingual.

I have another friend, who's two year old, speaks English and Mandarin fluently. It seems strange to me, but the kid prefers Mandarin.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 16th, 2018 at 7:03:47 PM permalink
terapined
I have family in south America and my parents worked in the mid east.

Yes promotion and success are wonderful. It is up to the parents to take care of their kids. If kids need tutors, so that parents can rocket up the success ladder, than they can figure that out.

America can't furnish teachers in 90 languages. Why not have the relocated people learn to speak American? It will help the kids significantly to be at least bi-lingual.

I have another friend, who's two year old, speaks English and Mandarin fluently. It seems strange to me, but the kid prefers Mandarin.

Just pointing out not all new students are illegals
Sure the kids from other countries in our schools need to learn English

Regarding speaking another language in this country
Who cares what language is spoken between 2 individuals.
Just one exception. Poker table :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 17th, 2018 at 2:37:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
English immersion courses are a very big business. Quite some time ago a man who was running an English House in San Francisco met a woman who was running an English House in New York City. They married, merged their schools and then sold out to a major Executive Transfer firm that took over their Housing and Language Classes business while they retired to T-Bills and transoceanic yachts. The executives, their wives, their children all learned English, temporary housing was taken care of and in English House no one could speak any other language at all. If you didn't learn the correct words in the lunch line, you didn't eat. Foreign corporations wanted everyone in the family, not just the business executive, to learn English.

For decades US college graduates could always get these high paid one or two year gigs teaching English in China and Japan. Its the language of commerce, investment banking, diplomacy.
May 17th, 2018 at 5:05:43 AM permalink
terapined
Guy hears Spanish and flips out saying this is America
WTF
I live in Florida which is in the USA
I hear Spanish all the time

More about this guy going nuts over 2 people having a conservation in another language
He's a Trump supporter
His office is next door to the eatery.
He was at a Jew against Jew demonstration screaming that some Jews are not Jews (this video is bizarre and is in the below link. The Jew against Jew hate is chilling and disgusting)
He advertises that he speaks several languages including Spanish

https://heavy.com/news/2018/05/aaron-schlossberg/

I actually applaud those that speak several languages
I just don't get why conservatives are upset that 2 people that speak English have a conversation in another language
Talk about being against freedom
Do conservatives really want a language police?
May 17th, 2018 at 5:31:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Do conservatives really want a language police?

It's about time we run out the last traces of France in Louisiana and force those long time foreigners to only speak English. It's the only state which is divided into parishes, a frenchy word. It's 90 percent English and still doesn't have English as an official language.

Abomination.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 17th, 2018 at 11:04:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
It's about time we run out the last traces of France in Louisiana.

I hate the way they talk there.
The accent is so heavy with
the bastardized French I say
'what?' all the time because
it sounds like gibberish to me.
I'm sure I'm not he only one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2018 at 12:03:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I hate the way they talk there.
The accent is so heavy with
the bastardized French I say
'what?' all the time because
it sounds like gibberish to me.
I'm sure I'm not he only one.

I haven't had to talk to many, but their real property laws are weird. Any second mortgage goes as a $1,000,000 lien. First time you see it is crazy. A loan officer let me have it once for not knowing and said we should have dedicated people for LA property. Years and employers later I sent one to underwriting and the underwriter emails me a huge "WTF" about it. I had to explain it, unusual they would not have seen it, but they did.

Minors can own real property there, only state where they can. Other weird stuff I am sure I have forgotten.
The President is a fink.
May 17th, 2018 at 12:45:03 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Code Napoleon law. Maternal inheritance of real estate I think. Need a judicial order to foreclose on a trust deed or mortgage.