In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 19th, 2018 at 3:37:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
Better to pay a wage to a few thousand Americans than welfare to a million illegal aliens.

Proof the wall is a good idea shown every time a liberal gets so upset over it.

Because you don't have any workable reasons I can see why that has to be your proof. Fact is, Mexico is not paying for it. Unless plenty of money in spent on watching it, it won't stop illegals.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2018 at 6:03:41 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Because you don't have any workable reasons I can see why that has to be your proof. Fact is, Mexico is not paying for it. Unless plenty of money in spent on watching it, it won't stop illegals.

As I just said, I would rather pay Americans to watch it than pay for welfare and other services for illegal aliens.
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2018 at 6:31:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
2-FER

1. GE being removed from DJIA. Oldest member and only original member remaining in the index. Amazing when you consider the scope of them over the years.

2. Smoking rate down to 14%! A great thing. Long-term seems it has fallen 1% a year. Naturally that last 14% will be way harder the more it falls. Will it eventually just be recreational like cigar smoking?
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2018 at 6:34:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
2-FER

1. GE being removed from DJIA. Oldest member and only original member remaining in the index. Amazing when you consider the scope of them over the years.
I don't understand why they included FANG's in the Dow industrial average ?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 19th, 2018 at 6:37:13 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph

"Industrial" seems to be a relic of an old age. One thing you learn is that the DJIA has been goosed over the years. Weak players removed, stronger ones added. How much did a BK GM drop the DJIA before being replaced? I could figure it out if I cared to.
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2018 at 9:10:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
2. Smoking rate down to 14%! A great thing. Long-term seems it has fallen 1% a year. Naturally that last 14% will be way harder the more it falls. Will it eventually just be recreational like cigar smoking?

In my opinion, only a few people really are hard core enough to consume cigars over the course of a day. The unfiltered smoke is strong and really does a number on your mouth. Cigarettes are generally smooth by comparison. Most smokers can tolerate them all day to varying amounts. At least until all the long term effects get ahold of you and you start coughing up a lung.

I think that makes the habits somewhat different even though they appear the same.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 20th, 2018 at 6:57:43 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
2-FER

That is fantastic. I still see a huge amount of smokers in Las Vegas, but a lot less younger people. Hopefully us smokers all die off soon and bring that average down further.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 20th, 2018 at 7:56:21 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2

What do you mean? I don't think they are included. (Facebook, Amazon , Netflix, Google)
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
June 20th, 2018 at 8:17:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
That is fantastic. I still see a huge amount of smokers in Las Vegas, but a lot less younger people. Hopefully us smokers all die off soon and bring that average down further.

We are likely at a tipping point where the improvements will come from die-offs only. That is probably where most of the improvement ever came from. I shall never stop shaking my head at young smokers. Fugheddabat health, how many cars will you smoke away? How many down payments on homes?
The President is a fink.
June 20th, 2018 at 10:49:12 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: JimRockford

What do you mean? I don't think they are included. (Facebook, Amazon , Netflix, Google)
I was living with an incorrect assumption, thanks for posting this.

https://www.cnbc.com/dow-components/ Apple is the only FANG that I see in the Dow 30. That does make more sense to me, rather than the others.

edit; I thought I had read the FANGS were on the Dow top thirty, but more likely they were on a list of top thirty by weight. Three of them, sans netflix are on this list "https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/12/05/the-30-largest-companies-on-the-stock-market.aspx" which of course changes ?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW