In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 25th, 2018 at 12:10:01 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: rxwine
There's plenty of moral quandaries in Breaking Bad. When that kid got shot on the railroad incident, there was no intricate moral justification except to save the business.

An exception to that is Todd. There was no good in that character whatsoever.

Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 25th, 2018 at 12:13:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
An exception to that is Todd. There was no good in that character whatsoever.

He did have the trait of loyalty. If I was running a crew I would put him on it as muscle. Nothing more as he was not too bright.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2018 at 12:29:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I don't blame Walter for that. He did not even notice he did it, .

Sure he did. They made the point he
could have saved her and did nothing.
It was a purely selfish act because she
was screwing up his action with Jesse.
I hated his guts after that episode.

I felt vindicated later in the series when
he finally admitted that everything he
did wasn't for his family, as he always
claimed. It was because he's a selfish
prick and wanted to do it for himself.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 25th, 2018 at 12:38:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Sure he did. They made the point he
could have saved her and did nothing.
I hated his guts after that episode.

I mean he did not do it to kill her, he saw her choking and just stood there. I didn't mind, I did not like her. Crazy junkie chick who was handed a great life by her father and just screwed it up.

Quote:
I felt vindicated later in the series when
he finally admitted that everything he
did wasn't for his family, as he always
claimed. It was because he's a selfish
prick and wanted to do it for himself.

He did start it for his family, but wanted to build a business after he left Grey Matter too early. Guys like him that take safe jobs temd to outperform people who take risks until about age 30, then the risk takers risks will start to pay off. How can you blame him for being bitter? He would have had hundreds of millions and a wife that did not cheat on him when he had cancer.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2018 at 12:42:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Walt screwed with Jesse's head so many time to get Jesse to do what he wanted. Jesse finally put it all together, but he was chained up as a slave by the time he figured out all the deceptions. Walt finally did him a real favor in the end and saved his life.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 25th, 2018 at 12:43:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Crazy junkie chick who was handed a great life by her father and just screwed it up.
r.

I always give kids some slack. They're
still very young and there's time to work
thru it. Many of them do and end up
successful.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 25th, 2018 at 12:49:37 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

He did start it for his family, but wanted to build a business after he left Grey Matter too early. Guys like him that take safe jobs temd to outperform people who take risks until about age 30, then the risk takers risks will start to pay off. How can you blame him for being bitter? He would have had hundreds of millions and a wife that did not cheat on him when he had cancer.

Walt cheated with his business partner's wife. Then I think he just left the company as he liked his business partner but didn't want to tell him. But then the company became really successful and Walt eventually became bitter about his school teacher job and his not being cut in.

I think that's the way it went.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 25th, 2018 at 12:53:46 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
It's none of your business unless
they ask you. Do you even understand
that concept, or is everybody elses
business automatically your business.

Do you understand that if someone is wrong you have a duty and a service out of love to correct them? If you go around saying 1+1=3 it is not being nosy or judgmental to help someone understand the truth even if they don't ask.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 25th, 2018 at 12:55:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I always give kids some slack. They're
still very young and there's time to work
thru it. Many of them do and end up
successful.

I don't give junkies slack. Their lives revolve around getting drunk and high.

Quote: rxwine
Walt screwed with Jesse's head so many time to get Jesse to do what he wanted. Jesse finally put it all together, but he was chained up as a slave by the time he figured out all the deceptions. Walt finally did him a real favor in the end and saved his life.

Jesse was a weak and emotional person. Walt kept him from being killed on more than one occasion, including running the two street dealers down with his car. That one was the turning point that made Walt a man marked for death. Jesse was totally in the wrong there. The kid was not related to him by blood or marriage, and the same day he was told at a sit-down to let it go and it would be handled. As Gus said, he could not keep the peace for one day.

Then he caused problems at the end throwing all the money away. Too simple to drop money he did not want to look at in the Salvation Army kettle or give it to the dog pound, whatever. It is why junkies become junkies so often, can't cope.

I still like Mike best of all in the series. All business. Can play with his granddaughter one minute then go clip a few that evening. We will see in a few weeks how he gets hired into the Fring Crew.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2018 at 12:57:10 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
He did have the trait of loyalty. If I was running a crew I would put him on it as muscle. Nothing more as he was not too bright.

Loyalty can cut both ways. Depends who or what you're loyal to. It can also go too far.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber