In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 20th, 2018 at 1:15:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
I don't equate health insurance with car insurance.

You are right. You do not have to buy car insurance at the point of a gun.

Well, thanks to TRUMP you don't now. But for a few years you did.
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2018 at 1:56:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Wow. Where was the media crying
fowl in 2013 when Obama was calling
for getting rid of a ton of people with
security clearances. I don't even remember
it making news.

Media Didn’t Care When Obama Scrubbed Security Clearances

The Obama administration has ordered a government-wide reassessment of how almost 5 million Americans have been granted classified information security clearances and whether each person currently approved to see sensitive national security secrets truly has a need for such access. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper questioned the booming rolls of security-clearance holders. At last count, more than 4.9 million people held clearances, of whom over 1.4 million were cleared for access at the “Top Secret” level.

https://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/government-security-clearance-list-100195
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 20th, 2018 at 2:14:21 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Funny, I do not remember you using the same logic when I asked why I have to buy maternity coverage in my health insurance.

You don't have to buy health insurance, it is a choice. Just refuse to do business with a company that makes you buy maternity insurance.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 20th, 2018 at 2:26:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
You don't have to buy health insurance, it is a choice. Just refuse to do business with a company that makes you buy maternity insurance.

Maternity insurance was required under the ACA a/k/a "Obamacare." I was forced to buy it at the point of a gun. I already stated that Trump has gotten rid of this crazy requirement.
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2018 at 2:34:32 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Maternity insurance was required under the ACA a/k/a "Obamacare." I was forced to buy it at the point of a gun. I already stated that Trump has gotten rid of this crazy requirement.

You were not forced, you could have not paid it and just accepted the penalty on your taxes. Lots of people actually saved money by just paying the penalty.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 20th, 2018 at 2:45:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
You were not forced, you could have not paid it and just accepted the penalty on your taxes. Lots of people actually saved money by just paying the penalty.

That's like saying you don't have to
stop for the red light, nobody is
forcing you to. Just pay the ticket,
look at all the time you saved by
not stopping.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 20th, 2018 at 2:50:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman

Sounds like mafia logic.

And if I refused to pay the penalty, then what? Eventually my money would be forcibly taken from me.
The President is a fink.
August 20th, 2018 at 3:04:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Why is Omarosa wall to wall on MS, but
has never appeared on CNN even once.
In fact, CNN only wants guests that
trash talk about her. I don't get it.

CNN Gives Omarosa the Cold Shoulder

Another source said CNN was initially only interested in booking commentators who would trash-talk the reality-show vixen. “They only wanted to book guests with nothing positive to say about her. They were specifically looking for people who would provide a more negative slant when discussing Omarosa,” the source said.

https://pagesix.com/2018/08/20/cnn-gives-omarosa-the-cold-shoulder/
August 21st, 2018 at 3:32:47 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Google sued for violating California privacy laws when various apps reveal cell phone location data despite owner having gps revelation disabled on his phone.

See: Ars Technica
August 21st, 2018 at 8:40:13 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Mollie Tibbetts found dead.
Everyone knew it would end this way but it is still disappointing.

Young, beautiful, kind hearted, jogged more in one day than I do in ten years. I wonder what kind of creep did it?