In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 21st, 2018 at 9:34:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Mollie Tibbetts found dead.
Everyone knew it would end this way but it is still disappointing.

Young, beautiful, kind hearted, jogged more in one day than I do in ten years. I wonder what kind of creep did it?

Chances are someone she knew and more will come out.
The President is a fink.
August 21st, 2018 at 10:07:02 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Sounds like mafia logic.

And if I refused to pay the penalty, then what? Eventually my money would be forcibly taken from me.

Yes, but you didn't end up paying for maternity insurance and that was your gripe.

Sorry, it is just a pet peeve of mine when people say that they have to do something. Almost every morning my wife complains because she has to go to work today. I always respond with "then don't go". People just need to realize that we have options for almost everything, you may not like the alternative or the consequences, but you do have options.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 21st, 2018 at 10:33:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Yes, but you didn't end up paying for maternity insurance and that was your gripe.

Sorry, it is just a pet peeve of mine when people say that they have to do something. Almost every morning my wife complains because she has to go to work today. I always respond with "then don't go". People just need to realize that we have options for almost everything, you may not like the alternative or the consequences, but you do have options.

But again the "options" were mafia logic. Pay for the insurance or break the law. And I DID end up paying for it, still have to, every month, until open renewal and hopefully I can get a lesser policy covering just what I want and need.
The President is a fink.
August 21st, 2018 at 4:28:46 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Chances are someone she knew and more will come out.

Looks like it was an undocumented immigrant.

Get ready for the GOP to use her corpse as a political prop!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 21st, 2018 at 4:38:02 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Mexican but in the area for several years. Filmed driving up and down the area as she jogged, got out to job behind and then beside her, he claims he 'got angry' when she grabbed her phone and said something about calling the police. So apparently it was an abduction while jogging and it seems she was dead before nightfall.
August 21st, 2018 at 4:46:01 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Looks like it was an undocumented immigrant.

Get ready for the GOP to use her corpse as a political prop!

How sanctimonious. Just like the dems are now using Cohen and Manafort.
Let's go Brandon
August 21st, 2018 at 4:58:02 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
How sanctimonious. Just like the dems are now using Cohen and Manafort.

They died?!
August 21st, 2018 at 5:24:49 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
They died?!

I guess CNN must not think that someone dying in very important. I just checked my CNN app before there was any mention about very disgusting death of Mollie Tibbetts, there were 8 stories about Manafort and Cohen and 2 advertisements.
Let's go Brandon
August 21st, 2018 at 5:51:46 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
The county will not be printing up new ballots, so Congressman Duncan Hunter's (D-CA) name will stay on the ballot. Hunter and his lovely wife were indicted today for embezzling over $250,000 from his campaign fund and falsifying records. Apparently he still has a decent shot at winning re-election!
August 21st, 2018 at 6:03:31 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
I guess CNN must not think that someone dying in very important.

One college girl’s death, while tragic, isn’t very important at all in the grand scheme of things.

Especially on a day when the President’s personal lawyer and campaign manager both are guilty of 8 charges each!