In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 29th, 2018 at 9:04:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
I remember watching the nightly news in the 60's-70's and seeing all the flag covered caskets coming back. We should do that with every one of them, today and always. The death and dying needs to be in everyone's face, all the time, until the thought of war is to ghastly that politico's don't get away with having our youth fighting for the MIC

You could show local gun deaths on the nightly news as well, instead of censoring anything. Not sure if it would work. People get desensitized to violence.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2018 at 9:15:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
You could show local gun deaths on the nightly news as well, instead of censoring anything. Not sure if it would work. People get desensitized to violence.
Maybe you are right? I know the flag covered coffins stuck with me. But realize, it could just be me?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 30th, 2018 at 2:29:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Maybe you are right? I know the flag covered coffins stuck with me. But realize, it could just be me?

They stuck because it was new. Today people are used to it.

The USA is a warrior nation, and that is that.
The President is a fink.
August 30th, 2018 at 10:03:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
But you do need to wonder how many people Asian Communist leaders killed after we left. "Re-education" they called it.
Nobody said the communist side would turn nice when they won. It would be a vindictive blood bath. What else would you expect?

We declared war on Germany in the War To End All Wars because people were stupid back then and the UK needed American munitions.

We declared war on Germany in WWtwo because Warner Brothers had been whipping America into a war fervor for almost ten years.

We never declared war on Vietnam because it was unnecessary and would have had political and legal consequences for us to do so.

Originally the war's burden fell upon draftees but later the draft was transformed into a lottery so as to narrow the zone of disaffected youth who were at risk of being drafted. The lucky escaped, the unlucky enlisted and the borderline 'maybe' category was manageable.

Right from the start some Washington advisors said the symbol of the South Vietnamese government should be the Turnstile.
August 30th, 2018 at 10:39:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
Nobody said the communist side would turn nice when they won. It would be a vindictive blood bath. What else would you expect?

We declared war on Germany in the War To End All Wars because people were stupid back then and the UK needed American munitions.

We declared war on Germany in WWtwo because Warner Brothers had been whipping America into a war fervor for almost ten years.

We never declared war on Vietnam because it was unnecessary and would have had political and legal consequences for us to do so.

Originally the war's burden fell upon draftees but later the draft was transformed into a lottery so as to narrow the zone of disaffected youth who were at risk of being drafted. The lucky escaped, the unlucky enlisted and the borderline 'maybe' category was manageable.

Right from the start some Washington advisors said the symbol of the South Vietnamese government should be the Turnstile.

Great post
totally agree
There have been civil wars all over this planet for thousands of years.. After a civil war, many more people die. Just the way it is on this planet since the dawn of humans.
Viet Nam was a civil war
Its the most stupid decision this country ever made to get involved in a civil war on the other side of the planet
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 30th, 2018 at 10:57:08 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: Fleastiff

We declared war on Germany because hours earlier Hitler had declared war on the US.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
August 30th, 2018 at 11:05:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Justice Department Says Harvard Hurts Asian Americans’ Admissions Prospects With ‘Personal Rating’

Of course, liberals here and elsewhere have stated that taking skin color into account in college admission is a good thing!
The President is a fink.
August 30th, 2018 at 11:16:01 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
They stuck because it was new. Today people are used to it.
Do you think the hyper violent video games has anything to do with the mental conditioning, as well as media?

Quote:
The USA is a warrior nation, and that is that.
It is also a fact that should defense spending suddenly stop, our economy would plummet. That trillion dollar military spending provides a lot of good jobs.

But the flip side of that is, that money is loaned into existence. You can also see what happened to other warrior nations like Japan or GB.

I've been thinking that when we sick our warriors on foreign country's, one of the orders should be to loot the place and bring home the treasure to pay for our expense as did Rome. Remember when the talk of invading Iraq was that they would pay for it?

Facetiously saying, it might be cool to bring back slaves for our uses. Other country's have slaves and our workers are forced to compete with their labor. What is it ok to kill them, but not get some forced labor out of them?

Slavery is what made Romes growth so fantastic , while it was.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 30th, 2018 at 11:46:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Do you think the hyper violent video games has anything to do with the mental conditioning, as well as media?

Some. More to ultra-violent movies/TV and the war zone cities like Detroit and Chicago have become. Watch a John Wayne movie and notice when someone is shot, they just fall dead. Then look at what we have today.

Quote:
It is also a fact that should defense spending suddenly stop, our economy would plummet. That trillion dollar military spending provides a lot of good jobs.

But the flip side of that is, that money is loaned into existence. You can also see what happened to other warrior nations like Japan or GB.

I've been thinking that when we sick our warriors on foreign country's, one of the orders should be to loot the place and bring home the treasure to pay for our expense as did Rome. Remember when the talk of invading Iraq was that they would pay for it?

I don't quite consider Japan to be a warrior nation. Then had a few warrior years, but nothing like USA/GB. Military-industrial is a fact of life. So is it also a fact of all the spinoffs. Computers were first made for the military. If you fold the space program under military, and I part do, the spinoffs are unbelievable.
The President is a fink.
August 30th, 2018 at 2:44:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"I think the great thing about Donald Trump is, he is who he is. He’s not afraid to be who he is. He’s not intimidated by being who he is. Because, you know what? Donald Trump loves himself. Donald Trump very much loves himself. And, by the way, there’s nothing wrong with that.. I think Trump is a quick study in politics. He's a better politician today than the day he was inaugurated, a better politician than he was a month into it, six months into it." Rush Limbaugh
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.