In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 18th, 2018 at 2:57:38 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Oh, and it wasn't a Rasmussen poll - doesn't that mean it is wrong?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 18th, 2018 at 2:59:38 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: AZDuffman
They are welcome to come legally. Are you against them
Coming legally?

I thought you were worried about a cultural take-over.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 18th, 2018 at 3:21:54 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Venezuelan president depicted eating steak in a Turkish restaurant while his people starve and Venezuelan diaspora in NYC area are shown to be bringing fast food ideas from Venezuela and successfully marketing them in Hispanic neighborhoods of NYC.
September 18th, 2018 at 3:22:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
Oh, and it wasn't a Rasmussen poll - doesn't that mean it is wrong?

I only question election polls. The
others are usually close to accurate.
Lots of people still think Trump
stole the election because all the
polls said She couldn't lose.

Go look at one of the compilation
videos from election night where
pundit after pundit was proclaiming
Her victory before the results started
coming in. Funny stuff..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 18th, 2018 at 6:20:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I thought you were worried about a cultural take-over.

I am, which is why you limit the immigration and favor groups like Catholic Hispanics over muslims. Better cultural fit.
The President is a fink.
September 18th, 2018 at 6:47:21 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: Evenbob
I only question election polls. The
others are usually close to accurate.
Lots of people still think Trump
stole the election because all the
polls said She couldn't lose.

Go look at one of the compilation
videos from election night where
pundit after pundit was proclaiming
Her victory before the results started
coming in. Funny stuff..

So you realize those polls you have been questioning lately have not been election ("who are you voting for?") polls, right?
September 18th, 2018 at 6:51:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So you realize those polls you have been questioning lately have not been election ("who are you voting for?") polls, right?

What polls have I questioned lately.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 19th, 2018 at 8:46:06 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: Evenbob
What polls have I questioned lately.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/announcements/31575-trump-rally-at-unlv-this-thursday/#post673835

Quote: EvenBob
RCP has him at 41%, Rasmussen is 49%. Rasmussen had the closest election poll, but of course this poll is way off because they forgot how to do it since the election.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

As I pointed out, this is a public opinion poll, not an election ("who will you vote for") poll.

Also, Rasmussen polls likely voters, who have landlines, and this makes a well-known skew towards conservatives, and also isn't a great measure of "public opinion" because of the limited slice (likely voters with land lines < likely voters < registered voters < adults) of the population that they poll.

Rasmussen is at 47% as of now.
two other likely voters polls have approval at it at 43
among registered voters, 37, 38, 38, 43, 44
among adults 38
overall RCP average 40.7%

Yet you question the validity of the other public opinion polls because of rasmussen's performance in an election poll.

538 has an average of 40.4%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
September 19th, 2018 at 10:16:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Also, Rasmussen polls likely voters, who have landlines, and this makes a well-known skew towards conservatives, and also isn't a great measure of "public opinion" because of the limited slice (likely voters with land lines < likely voters < registered voters < adults) of the population that they poll.

Why are you so fascinated with land lines? Why would they favor conservatives? Rasmussen takes non-landline customers into account:

Quote: Rasmussen Site
Daily tracking results are collected via telephone surveys of 500 likely voters per night and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. To reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones, Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview randomly selected participants from a demographically diverse panel. The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 1,500 Likely Voters is +/- 2.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Results are also compiled on a full-week basis and crosstabs for full-week results are available for Platinum Members.
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2018 at 10:24:08 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Why are you so fascinated with land lines? Why would they favor conservatives?

Conservatives are older. Younger people don't have landlines.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman