In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 2nd, 2018 at 8:23:24 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
On the flip side, Catholic priests and an Olympic Dr
Growing up, these were the good guys not to be questioned.
Kids were not being protected. Its pretty horrible
Maybe the scales have tipped to far too protecting kids
but
The scales need to lean towards protecting children

Most kids are abused by family although we certainly have lots of examples outside family but they are not the majority. Hard to protect them from family. I think society has lost some of it's humanity when in order to protect the kids everyone in society is looked at as a possible pervert instead of being assumed kid friendly until some proof is offered. It is kind of like profiling every immigrant as a possible terrorist.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 2nd, 2018 at 10:54:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
Trump warns, it's a very scary time to be a young man in America: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-02/trump-warns-its-very-scary-time-america-men

Eurotophobia
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2018 at 4:13:31 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Its not just abuse allegations and paternity/support situations. Look at this NYRB editor who lost his job merely for letting Ghomeshi publish an essay for his having had values that women do not agree with. Or the C. K Louis comedy routines wherein penance must be permanent. Consider Geoffrey Rush who must endure being linked with the truly evil despite the lack of corroborative evidence and the petit nature of the alleged offense.
October 3rd, 2018 at 5:43:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Fleastiff
Its not just abuse allegations and paternity/support situations. Look at this NYRB editor who lost his job merely for letting Ghomeshi publish an essay for his having had values that women do not agree with. Or the C. K Louis comedy routines wherein penance must be permanent. Consider Geoffrey Rush who must endure being linked with the truly evil despite the lack of corroborative evidence and the petit nature of the alleged offense.

The sense of unfairness is balanced out in several ways. A woman pointed out that a woman can't walk alone in a parking garage in a safe area in the middle of the day without a lingering fear of being attacked. And such things happen. You can see abductions in grocery store lots with other people not far away. That's normal life.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2018 at 6:21:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
The sense of unfairness is balanced out in several ways. A woman pointed out that a woman can't walk alone in a parking garage in a safe area in the middle of the day without a lingering fear of being attacked. And such things happen. You can see abductions in grocery store lots with other people not far away. That's normal life.

The difference is that it is criminals the women have to worry about. Men have to worry about the legal system. The system that is supposed to be impartial and fair to all.
The President is a fink.
October 3rd, 2018 at 6:32:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
The difference is that it is criminals the women have to worry about. Men have to worry about the legal system. The system that is supposed to be impartial and fair to all.

That's my point. The upsides and downsides are different for the sexes.
October 3rd, 2018 at 6:53:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
That's my point. The upsides and downsides are different for the sexes.

Not saying otherwise. Am saying when the government steals from you that you cannot go to the cops.
The President is a fink.
October 3rd, 2018 at 7:17:02 AM permalink
kenarman

So you support taking away half the populations rights because some of the other half an unfounded lingering fear, look up the actual stats there is an extremely small chance of attack. On the other hand you slam those that have a fear of attack by an immigrant (also largely unfounded). You support taking away guns because of the few people who are killed in mass shootings. Your position is not consistent with the facts. Pick the odds of attack that you want to address and then be consistent across all perceived or real dangers. Don't just pick those that fit your politics. This is why our society is f****d today because both sides choose only the facts that support their locked in, biased views.
October 3rd, 2018 at 7:49:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
So you support taking away half the populations rights because some of the other half an unfounded lingering fear, look up the actual stats there is an extremely small chance of attack.

Living under threat, ranges from harrasment, intimidation, to actual attack.

Quote:
On the other hand you slam those that have a fear of attack by an immigrant (also largely unfounded). You support taking away guns because of the few people who are killed in mass shootings. Your position is not consistent with the facts. Pick the odds of attack that you want to address and then be consistent across all perceived or real dangers. Don't just pick those that fit your politics. This is why our society is f****d today because both sides choose only the facts that support their locked in, biased views.

no, i look at gun deaths in totality, as in accidental deaths, suicides, etc., and whether guns in a household are actually ev plus or minus. i'm on record preferring the Israeli solution.

ALSO I love it when another white male plays the 'poor me' card regarding female empowerment since i walk everyday in supposedly same shoes of disadvantage.
Sorry, you only get the littlest violin, since i manage just fine in the same world as you and always have. i see men and women both have plenty of problems and see no reason to get on any high horse about those women supposed troublemakers.
October 3rd, 2018 at 7:56:35 AM permalink
kenarman
Living under threat, ranges from harrasment, intimidation, to actual attack.

no, i look at gun deaths in totality, as in accidental deaths, suicides, etc., and whether guns in a household are actually ev plus or minus. i'm on record preferring the Israeli solution.

ALSO I love it when another white male plays the 'poor me' card regarding female empowerment since i walk everyday in supposedly same shoes of disadvantage.
Sorry, you only get the littlest violin, since i manage just fine in the same world as you and always have. i see men and women both have plenty of problems and see no reason to get on any high horse about those women supposed troublemakers.

Sorry I didn't realize that lies come from the penis. No penis, no lies and we can have reverse onus when women make unfounded accusations.