In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 3rd, 2018 at 10:30:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined

I still believe Ford. If Ford lied,

'If?' LOLOLOLOLOLOL
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 3rd, 2018 at 10:49:02 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
!Ford's in his flivver, all is right with the world.
November 3rd, 2018 at 11:14:20 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Tallahassee yoga shooter

Quote:
Scott Paul Beierle, 40, was arrested in 2012 on a charge of misdemeanor battery after allegedly grabbing the buttocks of two women on the campus of Florida State University, according to Leon County court records. He was arrested again in 2016 on a battery charge after allegedly slapping and grabbing another women’s rear end by the swimming pool at the West Tennessee Street apartment complex where he lived.
The State Attorney’s Office filed information in both cases. However, prosecutors eventually dropped the charges.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/11/03/gunman-had-history-arrests-grabbing-women/1871941002/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 3rd, 2018 at 12:13:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
A woman lied.
So what. Happens.
The "so what" of it is, I was falsely accused in the past. If it hadn't been for two different people that I hardly knew coming to my defense, I might of went to jail. Without those people bearing witness in my defense, I couldn't really defend myself.

People that bare false witness, should be subject to the same possible jail times as those they accuse if they were convicted.

It was a real sob, and cost me some money. Had to get lawyers, talk to authority's etc.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 3rd, 2018 at 12:35:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
The "so what" of it is, I was falsely accused in the past. If it hadn't been for two different people that I hardly knew coming to my defense, I might of went to jail. Without those people bearing witness in my defense, I couldn't really defend myself.

People that bare false witness, should be subject to the same possible jail times as those they accuse if they were convicted.

It was a real sob, and cost me some money. Had to get lawyers, talk to authority's etc.

If a woman lies intentionally, that's a crime.
I have no problem with that. Prosecute the intentional liar.
My point is that it has nothing to do with Ford.
2 completely separate cases.
Its simply not news to me.

As to bearing false witness. Sure its a problem. Cop lies, your screwed. I get it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 3rd, 2018 at 12:53:15 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The trial I most remember involved a fight inside a bar. The defendant lied. His witnesses were not even in the bar at the time so they lied about what they supposedly saw, the bartender lied, the prosecutor lied. And in a town so tiny that it has three stop signs but no traffic lights, two bars, one gas station one man testified that he had never met his 'Daughter in Common Law" and did not know what she looked like. I happen to think it was one of the few trials where justice really did prevail.
November 3rd, 2018 at 1:29:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
My point is that it has nothing to do with Ford.
2 completely separate cases.
Its simply not news to me.

As to bearing false witness. Sure its a problem. Cop lies, your screwed. I get it
Your point may be Ford, but you were quoting my links, which were not about Ford. But I can see how you may have thought that, as they were about Kavanaugh's false accusers.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 3rd, 2018 at 3:03:33 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Pretty funny
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 3rd, 2018 at 6:24:51 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

It is not quite that simple terapined. It is quite possible and well documented that you can have 2 people with totally contradicting stories and it is possible that neither believe they are lying. One is obviously not stating what truly happened but memory is not reliable. Lying is not always obvious that is why we have a burden of proof and a assumption of innocence in our judicial system. Lying is not always intentional and that creates huge problems for our judicial system.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 3rd, 2018 at 6:39:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
that is why we have a burden of proof

Explain that to FrG. He thinks because
he says he has personal experience
with a god, we're all supposed to take
it at face value and hit the floor groveling
to the god. There's a little thing called
proof that he can't quite come up with..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.