In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 14th, 2018 at 3:17:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Michael Avenatti arrested for suspected felony domestic violence.

Too bad, there was a rumor he had
Kathy Griffin as his running mate.. lol

He can shake this off, Dems love people
like this.

"Our law enforcement sources say Avenatti was arrested Wednesday after his estranged wife filed a felony DV report. We're told her face was "swollen and bruised" with "red marks" on both cheeks. Witnesses who observed her say she never took her sunglasses off."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2018 at 4:33:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob

He can shake this off, Dems love people
like this.

Donald Trump admitted he gets away with sexually assaulting women because he’s famous and you still voted for him.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 15th, 2018 at 10:42:06 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: ams288
Donald Trump admitted he gets away with sexually assaulting women

No he didn't, that's your fantasy world
hearing what you want to hear.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 15th, 2018 at 10:53:31 AM permalink
Evenbob
Rush is right, Avenatti blew it. He should
have come out for his press statement
with a bandaged eyebrow and his arm
in a sling. Even Ted Kennedy had the
brains to be seen in a neck brace after
he killed Mary Jo. Avenatti says she
hit him first, but his face shows no
evidence. He's toast..
November 15th, 2018 at 8:57:04 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Fleastiff
Great exaggeration is fodder for the tabloids on all topics.

Assange had privately filed charges in Sweden, obviously politically motivated.
wikiLeaks published what they received, despite their donor having political motives for supplying the leaked documents. I don't blame WikiLeaks as I'm sure most "leakers" have motives to do so that involve bias or revenge.
He made some contacts and statements contrary to Ecudorian interests.
I don't know about his personal hygiene habits but his cat still loves him and is, I believe, still on Twitter.
The police/military presence around the embassy in London cost millions and was paid by the USA not the UK so I assume the "Intelligence Community" wants him real bad. They want to give him a bath. A blood bath.

Prosecutor mistakenly reveals Assange has been indicted under seal in the usa long ago.
November 18th, 2018 at 5:53:15 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Trump's new NAFTA deal, that the pesky Congress has to ratify, may be in trouble.

https://politi.co/2QNLTx6

Quote:
Democrats, whose votes Trump needs to pass the deal in the House, say they want to see stronger protections against pollution and climate change, improved labor standards in Mexico and certainty that the U.S. will regain jobs lost to Mexico. And they want assurances the deal can be enforced.

Meanwhile, a group of 40 Republicans is protesting new protections for LGBT workers that Canada insisted on, potentially imperiling some GOP support.

The Democrat desire for environmental protection isn't surprising, but look at that, they want assurances that the deal can be enforced and that the US will actually get jobs back from Mexico.

The republicans, meanwhile, want to impose their morality on the people of another country. More hypocricy at its finest.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 18th, 2018 at 6:24:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64

The republicans, meanwhile, want to impose their morality on the people of another country. More hypocricy at its finest.

Actually it more sounds like they do not want others imposing their morality on us the way I read it.

What on earth does someone wanting to be gay have to do with trade anyhow?
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2018 at 6:53:44 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Ahhh... I see.... The US deciding that we should tell Mexico how high to make it's "labor standards" is not us imposing our morality on people of another country? What gives us the right to tell Mexico how it treats it's workers? If the US says you need one fire extinguisher for every 100 workers, but Mexico thinks it is necessary for 1 every 150 workers we get to decide for Mexico? If Mexico thinks a 12 hour workday is ok, but we think it should only be 8, we get to tell them what to do? If Mexico thinks a 17 year old can hold a full time factory job, but we think it should be 18, we get to decide? If Mexico thinks 70 should be a mandatory retirement age, but we think that is ageism and should have no mandatory retirement age, we decide for the sovereign people of Mexico?

What you really meant to say is "the Democrats, meanwhile, want to impose their morality on the people of another country." "More hypocrisy at its finest."

The Democratic party is now the party of intolerance, and you know it. If you don't agree with their policies they will stalk you in a restaurant, camp out outside your house, refuse to let you in their cab, and otherwise cause discord because you stand with the lawfully elected president of the United States. Please at least admit it.
November 18th, 2018 at 7:15:09 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Labor standards are not a moral issue, it is a class issue, or for the things you pointed out, a safety issue.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 18th, 2018 at 8:21:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Labor standards are not a moral issue, it is a class issue, or for the things you pointed out, a safety issue.

I agree that labor standards per se are not a moral issue. What i disagree with is that the US forcing other countries to abide by OUR standards is immoral.
It is now the way of the Democrat party. If you do not agree with us you are bad. If you vote for a white male over a Latina you are racist. If you support a nominee who is accused without a shred of evidence of something from his teen years you are ruining the USA. THIS is the Democrat party today. The only reason the Dems sometimes do not look as bad as they actually are is they get to be compared to Trump.