In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 18th, 2019 at 12:49:17 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody see the Gillette ad that causing
so much trouble? Like a TV ad is going
to make change men into weak puke wusses.
I don't know who put this crap together,
but I'm guessing a feminist is behind it.

watched it for the first time, thanks

A#1 the phrase "toxic masculinity" is not heard in this ad. So if this is the correct ad to be watching, not something they put out later, I'm mostly miffed at whoever has started all the s@#$ . Naming it so was the main thing I thought I'd be objecting to. Mostly it is a demand we act like gentlemen.

I do feel Gillette is going down a screwy path here; what has this got to do with shaving? One theory I have is that this generation Z that is coming up has been made so wishy washy that they have a theory that this is the way to reach them!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 18th, 2019 at 1:40:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit

A#1 the phrase "toxic masculinity" is not heard in this ad. So if this is the correct ad to be watching, not something they put out later, I'm mostly miffed at whoever has started all the s@#$ . Naming it so was the main thing I thought I'd be objecting to. Mostly it is a demand we act like gentlemen.

If women were talked to and told to behave in a manner similar to "toxic masculinity" the feminists would be screaming their heads off. It assumes every man is awful and needs to be told how to behave.
The President is a fink.
January 18th, 2019 at 1:42:27 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Was anyone at the March For Life today? It is always so amazing and every year seems to draw more and more young people. Ben Shapiro's talk at the beginning was awesome!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
January 18th, 2019 at 3:06:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: FrGamble
Was anyone at the March For Life today? It is always so amazing and every year seems to draw more and more young people. Ben Shapiro's talk at the beginning was awesome!

Never been but imagine you met many good people. Travel home safe if you haven't already.
The President is a fink.
January 18th, 2019 at 8:28:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Never been but imagine you met many good people. .

Saw a piece today that Trump is the
most effective and proactive supporter
of pro life in our history. He signed
a directive that if a PP clinic even
recommends one abortion one
time to a patient, that clinic loses
all federal funding. That's just one
of many things he's done.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 18th, 2019 at 11:59:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
The media really thought they had
pulled the brass ring yesterday.
Over a totally false and unverified
story, CNN and MS used the word
'impeach', in it's various forms,
over 200 times. Gleefully. H-wood
stars were ecstatic.

They have no crime to impeach
Trump, so they made up the same
crime that nailed Nixon. Telling
his men to lie about what they
did. Only they had Nixon on tape,
and they have nothing on Trump

That's why I laughed uproariously
when I heard it was a Buzzfeed
story. Didn't they lose their
WH press pass for making up
stories?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 19th, 2019 at 5:39:48 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Saw a piece today that Trump is the most effective and proactive supporter of pro life in our history.
He signed a directive that if a PP clinic even recommends one abortion one time to a patient, that clinic loses all federal funding.

So he wants to re-write Roe v. Wade?
Does forcing an unwanted, unloved and un-cared for child on a woman sound like 'pro life'?
-- It ain't pro-taxpayer.
It is not pro-taxpayer.
January 19th, 2019 at 7:09:42 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Fleastiff
New trailer released. Liam Neeson in Cold Pursuit a Feb 9th release of a remake of a Norwegian film about a snow plow driver whose son overdoses on drugs and is rebuffed by authorities with the usual 'all parents say their kids don't do drugs'. Film develops into a battle of a local drug gang, an imported drug gang and Liam Neeson.
I look forward to seeing it. Wonder why the long lead time for trailer release though.

Getting close.
Liam Neeson versus the cops, the local drug gang, the out-of-town drug gang, his best friend and just about everyone else in the county. Watch for the scene wherein he decks a woman without any warning. The skills a man acquires from driving a snowplow and reading paperback crime novels!!
January 19th, 2019 at 7:20:34 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: FrGamble
I remember you posted something about that long ago. Some sort of commie, pinko, fellow traveler, indoctrinate the young with catholic ideology event. Where was it? Mexico? Vatican? Argentina? Was the pope there or did he just send frontmen?
January 19th, 2019 at 9:51:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
A PBS poll has Trump up 20 points
with Latino voters since the wall
controversy started. From 30 in
Dec to 50 today. They want a wall.