In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 20th, 2019 at 4:45:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Crack a beer and enjoy the collapsing society.
Might as well.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 20th, 2019 at 5:48:23 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
its not just male model, but decent income. poverty is high stress, drug inducing, day care spreads diseases, not values, exhausted parents give up, the kid becomes a runaway or throwaway and only knows prostitution and drug dealing.
January 21st, 2019 at 4:12:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
its not just male model, but decent income. poverty is high stress, drug inducing, day care spreads diseases, not values, exhausted parents give up, the kid becomes a runaway or throwaway and only knows prostitution and drug dealing.

When the father is not around the boys tend to get in far more trouble and the girls tend to get knocked up far younger, often as teens. Then the cycle repeats. Black society collapsed because of years ago. It will take 2-3 generations to get them back on track, though it will never happen because everyone is afraid to admit there is a problem. White society has the same numbers Blacks had in the early 70s but instead of the dad's being totally gone the women have the attitude of "marriage is just a piece of paper."

Fatherless white kids currently at least usually have friends with a nuclear family and see what it is about. It is still a problem, though. These women let themselves get pregnant a couple times with a live-in BF. The BF is not going to buy a cow giving free milk. So the mother gets trapped. The kids probably know something is not right, but it is what it is. Give it another 30 years and lower class Whites society will be as collapsed as Black society is today.

On second thought, instead of cracking a beer might want to chill a 6-pack while watching.
The President is a fink.
January 21st, 2019 at 11:50:27 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: Pacomartin
Research check verifies this statement.

After digging into the data of this NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll, I'm not impressed.

According to this poll, 27% of Latinos would definitely vote for Trump in 2020, and 58% would definitely vote against Trump.

But I don't take the Latino numbers in this poll very seriously. Yes, they polled 1,023 adults. Fair enough. But how many Latinos were polled? 154 people. That's a small sample considering that there are 35 million Latinos in the United States.
January 21st, 2019 at 1:28:25 PM permalink
reno
So the candidate is told to remember to love illegal immigration or else write-off those votes forever... Trump once again is showing the way by example, if the GOP will listen!

The exact same poll that Trump is touting in the tweet below indicates that 58% Hispanics will definitely vote against Trump in 2020. I know you like to talk about your feelings, but can you cite any hard data or numbers which show that Hispanics love Trump?

January 21st, 2019 at 1:40:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: reno
The exact same poll that Trump is touting in the tweet below indicates that 58% Hispanics will definitely vote against Trump in 2020. I know you like to talk about your feelings, but can you cite any hard data or numbers which show that Hispanics love Trump?

Latino rebels? Yeah, I'll trust them!

Trump has ignores the CW "experts" the whole way and won. I will follow the winner. Meanwhile, we will see if the Democrat plank of enabling illegal immigration gets them votes. Never a more clear choice than today.
The President is a fink.
January 21st, 2019 at 1:59:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I know you like to talk about your feelings, but can you cite any hard data or numbers which show that Hispanics love Trump?

I agree
Southern FL is heavily Hispanic and heavily Dem
Northern FL is heavily white and heavily Republican

I have Hispanic friends here in Florida. Most supported Hillary but some were Trump supporters
The Hispanic Trump supporters I know have very conservative religious views.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 21st, 2019 at 2:15:00 PM permalink
reno
Latino rebels? Yeah, I'll trust them!

Oh, the Latino Rebels website goes against your feelings.

Set aside your feelings and look at the data. Evenbob was citing the January 10, 2019 PBS Newshour/NPR/Marist poll. Page 17 of that poll asks voters if they definitely plan to vote for or against Trump in 2020, and 58% of Latinos said they'd definitely vote against him.

I will follow the winner.

That's fair. More power to you.

Just don't lie to yourself and say that Trump won Latino voters in 2016. On the contrary, 66% of Latinos voted against Trump in 2016.
January 21st, 2019 at 3:22:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Oh, the Latino Rebels website goes against your feelings.

Set aside your feelings and look at the data. Evenbob was citing the January 10, 2019 PBS Newshour/NPR/Marist poll. Page 17 of that poll asks voters if they definitely plan to vote for or against Trump in 2020, and 58% of Latinos said they'd definitely vote against him.

That's fair. More power to you.

Just don't lie to yourself and say that Trump won Latino voters in 2016. On the contrary, 66% of Latinos voted against Trump in 2016.

So you are saying that 66% of latinos voted against him but that has fallen to 58%?

He was supposed to get virtually none, because if a GOP candidate does not say he loves illegal immigration and wants more of it he is supposed to be kissing the latino vote goodbye, wasn't that how it was?

Latinos are disproportionately located in liberal states. Ever consider that could be the reason for your numbers?

The news events of the past several days shows once again why I do not at all listen to the lamestream media anymore. They are a propaganda machine, nothing more.
The President is a fink.
January 21st, 2019 at 4:01:56 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Maybe Latino support of Trump is up, not because of support of the wall, but because of the shutdown.

All those ICE officers not getting paid, hearings delayed and rescheduled, other things falling through the cracks.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan