In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 21st, 2019 at 11:10:25 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Fleastiff
Massive bombing campaign in Ceylon, oops Sri Lanka, by Islamic extremists clearly targeted churches and tourist-oriented hotels but most casualties are locals with only 32 tourists dead out of 207 total deaths. About 500 injured, massive disruption in commerce, internet traffic throttled with social media shut down.

Must be some more of those "short circuits"
Nothing to see here
April 21st, 2019 at 11:38:39 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: aceofspades
Nothing to see here
I assume this comment is a reference to my failure to provide a link to the sources.

I recently underwent a medical ordeal in which I lost about 100 pounds, some of which must have been brain cells. I can't remember how to operate my dell inspiron laptop. Cant store files or find previously stored files and most certainly can't do any cut and paste of URLs. I found the Rector's comments about a short circuit and a misidentified location on Slashdot but couldn't highlight the URL and Control-C wouldn't work. I now write down if I've eaten breakfast and once walked all the way to the dumpster before I realized I had failed to bring the garbage bag with me, so all I can tell you is "somewhere on slashdot" you will find the rector's comments and somewhere on my computers opening page you will find a reference to Sri Lanka bombing, but i'm not sure were that is.
April 21st, 2019 at 11:56:40 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: aceofspades
Nothing to see here
I assume this comment is a reference to my failure to provide a link to the sources.

I recently underwent a medical ordeal in which I lost about 100 pounds, some of which must have been brain cells. I can't remember how to operate my dell inspiron laptop. Cant store files or find previously stored files and most certainly can't do any cut and paste of URLs. I found the Rector's comments about a short circuit and a misidentified location on Slashdot but couldn't highlight the URL and Control-C wouldn't work. I now write down if I've eaten breakfast and once walked all the way to the dumpster before I realized I had failed to bring the garbage bag with me, so all I can tell you is "somewhere on slashdot" you will find the rector's comments and somewhere on my computers opening page you will find a reference to Sri Lanka bombing, but i'm not sure were that is.

My comment was not a reference to your failure to provide a link

My comment was a sarcastic comment about the French officials immediately claiming that there was nothing nefarious involved with the Notre Dame fire
April 21st, 2019 at 12:17:21 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Nefarious? Even though its largely an Islamic area no one is opposed to it. Most arson fires have multiple points of origin and clear signs of an accelerant. I would doubt its arson.
April 22nd, 2019 at 6:56:26 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Several earthquakes in the Philippines.
One spectacular video of rooftop swimming pool water cascading down side of a skyscraper. No evidence of any swimmers being lost.
April 25th, 2019 at 3:30:41 AM permalink
Fleastiff
One of the richest men in Sri Lanka was arrested for complicity in the recent bombings. Two sons were suicide bombers and a female relative killed herself and three officers as police raided the multi-millionaire's home.

How do you protect yourself against wealthy and well educated bombers? They are familiar with expensive restaurants and don't look out of place in expensive hotels.
April 25th, 2019 at 11:55:00 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

How do you protect yourself against wealthy and well educated bombers? They are familiar with expensive restaurants and don't look out of place in expensive hotels.

Stay at a Holiday Inn Express, eat at Waffle House.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 26th, 2019 at 2:08:39 AM permalink
Fleastiff
one bomber whose vest killed two people had previously attempted to detonate it in a very much more crowded location.
April 28th, 2019 at 3:18:18 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Hacking and Network Intrusion and Data Breaches: COSTLY !!!!

Whatever they are being called they are getting very expensive since Slashdot reports that insurance companies are now claiming that Cyber Warfare is a type of warfare that falls within an insurance policy's usual exclusion for 'riot, civil commotion or acts of war'.
April 28th, 2019 at 3:23:37 AM permalink
Fleastiff
GPS replacement; An open source replacement for the GPS system uses the sun and can not be spoofed but one wonders about nighttime.