In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 16th, 2019 at 4:03:02 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Quote: beachbumbabs
There was a report that this is a program that has gone on for years, that appropriate Congressional oversight had been happening, but that after Trump gave secret info to the Russians in the Oval Office in May 2017, and said he stood with Putin over US intelligence in Helsinki, and has had several unmonitored meetings with Putin, somebody (unnamed) decided he couldn't be trusted with Russian cyber ops intel.

I agree with them. He can't be trusted with that intel.

hahahahahaha aren't you the same person who believe that fake news Buzzfeed article too???? hahahahahahaha
June 16th, 2019 at 4:59:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Then there is this: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-16/trump-excoriates-nyt-story-claiming-us-cyber-operation-against-russia-hidden-him

"So there it is - assuming the report has merit - essentially a major "clandestine military activity" is being run by US defense and intelligence commanders but while intentionally circumventing the White House's lawful civilian oversight? "

If the NYT story is true about our clandestine agency's planting malware in Russia's grid without the POTUS knowledge, that is criminal.

Beware in reaping what we sew.

I have to imagine every country on the planet has their military looking into and actively have plans regarding defending and attacking via the internet
Every country's military have probably hacked into all kinds of sites checking and researching a likely opponents security and testing their own securiyy
Just common sense
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 16th, 2019 at 5:11:52 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I have to imagine every country on the planet has their military looking into and actively have plans regarding defending and attacking via the internet
Every country's military have probably hacked into all kinds of sites checking and researching a likely opponents security and testing their own securiyy
Just common sense

Why does anyone think it would be news. It would be news if a major country wasn't spending a lot of money on protection and hacking of their on line presence it might be what saves the world. Everything from every country will go down and nothing will happen.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 16th, 2019 at 6:08:41 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I have to imagine every country on the planet has their military looking into and actively have plans regarding defending and attacking via the internet.

Of course. DDOS attacks go on all the time, domain name attacks, timing codes, etc. Many military and industrial devices have no security features. For instance a drone usually accepts as gospel the strongest GPS signals that receives, which is why the USA boosts their power ten fold while a satellite is over Syria.

The GPS disruption was recently estimate at a billion dollars a day.

Many infrastructure systems have been visited by foreign hackers, power grids, dams, industrial processors
June 16th, 2019 at 6:48:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: beachbumbabs
There was a report that this is a program that has gone on for years, that appropriate Congressional oversight had been happening, but that after Trump gave secret info to the Russians in the Oval Office in May 2017, and said he stood with Putin over US intelligence in Helsinki, and has had several unmonitored meetings with Putin, somebody (unnamed) decided he couldn't be trusted with Russian cyber ops intel.

I agree with them. He can't be trusted with that intel.

But I also think the NYT should not have published that info. Supposedly they cleared the publication with US intel somehow before they did it. So I don't agree it was treason, as Trump claims. But it's not up to US intel to release info too classified to show the President, either.

I guess there's more to come, because what they did report, could not be verified today.
Are you still blaming the Russians for the Skripals ?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 17th, 2019 at 1:20:38 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: petroglyph
Are you still blaming the Russians for the Skripals ?
Well, it wasn't the San Francisco Mahjong Club's fault.
June 17th, 2019 at 8:29:23 AM permalink
terapined
I see all these deaths of tourists in the Dominican Republic
What I don't understand is
Why are people vacationing in the Dominican Republic
If I was recommending a vacation in the islands, Dominican Republic would be the 2nd to last place I would recommend. Haiti is in last place.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 17th, 2019 at 11:58:20 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Not surprisingly travel brochures express a different opinion.
June 17th, 2019 at 1:16:28 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Fleastiff
Not surprisingly travel brochures express a different opinion.

A good vacation travel agent would never send somebody the Dominican Republic. Especially if this is the 1st time outside the country. So many wonderful safe developed islands to pick from. Dominican Republic is a very poor under developed country. Prices are probably real cheap compared to other islands. Maybe that's the big attraction.
June 17th, 2019 at 4:05:24 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
A good vacation travel agent would never send somebody the Dominican Republic. Especially if this is the 1st time outside the country. So many wonderful safe developed islands to pick from. Dominican Republic is a very poor under developed country. Prices are probably real cheap compared to other islands. Maybe that's the big attraction.

Should get your facts straight before posting TP.

The Most and Least Visited Caribbean Destinations from Oyster.com

•Dominican Republic, 6.2 million. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic/Oyster. ...
•Cuba, 3.9 million. Havana, Cuba/Oyster. ...
•Puerto Rico, 3.9 million. Old San Juan, Puerto Rico/Oyster. ...
•Jamaica, 2.4 million. Port Antonio, Jamaica/Oyster. ...
•Bahamas, 1.5 million. ...
•Montserrat, 8,000. ...
•Anguilla, 68,000. ...
•St. Vincent and the Grenadines, 76,000.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin