In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 28th, 2019 at 2:33:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: ams288
Quote: YeahBaby
Poll: Young Americans’ LGBTQ Acceptance Plunges 63% to 45% in Two Years

yep people are tired of their bigotry against Trumper!!!

It's hard to tell with your terrible grammar, but are you saying "Trumper" is gay?

That would actually be terrible if Trump is gay, as he is such a bad example of humanity. Let him stay with the white bigots.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 28th, 2019 at 3:08:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Quote: ams288
Quote: YeahBaby
Poll: Young Americans’ LGBTQ Acceptance Plunges 63% to 45% in Two Years

yep people are tired of their bigotry against Trumper!!!

It's hard to tell with your terrible grammar, but are you saying "Trumper" is gay?

That would actually be terrible if Trump is gay, as he is such a bad example of humanity. Let him stay with the white bigots.

Yeah, we don’t want him! That’s for sure.

Pence either...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 29th, 2019 at 11:41:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Theranos insiders who repeatedly claimed to be performing medical tests using a paper strip that cost only a few pennies will stand trial for wire fraud with defense being that a personal crusade by a WSJ reporter is at the heart of the regulator's actions.
June 30th, 2019 at 6:41:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:

Officials Warn of Wasp ‘Super Nests’ in Alabama

When James Barron went into his smokehouse in southern Alabama to grab an ax, he was alarmed to see a giant wasp nest about seven feet wide extending along the wall. It had been two months since he had last stepped foot inside.

“You don’t think about looking at the roof,” Mr. Barron said. “It’s just now really showed up, and it’s gigantic.”
Mr. Barron immediately retreated, and later sprayed hornet killer on the nest with his son. He said that just angered the yellow jackets, the highly aggressive wasps that live in such colonies. Mr. Barron was stung 11 times.

Charles Ray, an entomologist with the Alabama Cooperative Extension System, drove to Mr. Barron’s home and confirmed the colony was a “super nest” — one that survives into a second year. He told Mr. Barron there were probably 15,000 to 18,000 wasps in the smokehouse.

Unlike honey bees, yellow jackets can sting repeatedly, and generally attack in large numbers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/officials-warn-of-wasp-super-nests-in-alabama/ar-AADExYC?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 30th, 2019 at 8:49:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/officials-warn-of-wasp-super-nests-in-alabama/ar-AADExYC?ocid=spartanntp

The idiot probably sprayed them in the
daytime, you'll only make that mistake
once. You have to do it after it's been
dark fro a few hours, they don't fly
at night. Soak a hive that size with a
couple cans and the ones it doesn't
kill will look for another hive. I've
done it on big hives several times
and never had a problem. They can't
see you at night.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 30th, 2019 at 10:35:14 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Specialized data recovery firms don't.
They just pay the ransom on the sly and then bill their clients .
/.
July 1st, 2019 at 3:42:39 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Evenbob
Soak a hive that size with a
couple cans
You can't let the hive get to the size they are talking about, but if it somehow happened I'd be prepared to use more than a couple of cans, even be prepared to due it over more than one night, staying completely away in the daytime to avoid grouchy survivors. If that was not possible, yes, call in a pro. In any case getting to huge size is not a problem in areas that freeze in the winter, the article makes clear. Species I run into locally are ground nest types, those in the article would be aerial yellowjackets, Dolichovespula arenaria

It really bothers me when an article just says "yellow jackets" - which can be pretty imprecise, especially usage by the general public.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 1st, 2019 at 4:16:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
You can't let the hive get to the size they are talking about, but if it somehow happened I'd be prepared to use more than a couple of cans, even be prepared to due it over more than one night, staying completely away in the daytime to avoid grouchy survivors. If that was not possible, yes, call in a pro. In any case getting to huge size is not a problem in areas that freeze in the winter, the article makes clear. Species I run into locally are ground nest types, those in the article would be aerial yellowjackets, Dolichovespula arenaria

As a former pro, I can offer some advice. The best stuff was taken off the market, for no reason but that is that. "Spray" doesn't do much. You need boric acid or some other kind of powder. You are best to go just before dawn, when it is coolest but not light. You need the right tools. You use "spray" to freeze the sentries at the entrance. Then you pump as much boric acid, or whatever the latest powder on the market may be, into the hole. You need a long, heavy object to tear the nest apart. Galvanized 1/2" pipe ideal for bigger nests.

Spray the hole, load it with dust, tear the nest apart, run like hell. Get 15-20 yards away. They will scatter, then sort of swarm to where the nest used to be. Then they will slowly disappear, gone forever. They cannot recover.

You are best to watch for nests forming right now. They start slow, then growth goes parabolic in mid-August. That was when we made fast cash. Woman called husband at work. Husband called us. We quote, $150-250. He says, "Anything, just KHOMA!" We get there and done in less than an hour or so.

Just writing it makes me want to get in the biz again, just for that season!
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2019 at 7:26:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
khoma????
July 1st, 2019 at 7:47:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
khoma????

Keep Her Off My Ass
The President is a fink.