In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 11th, 2019 at 12:04:37 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
Doesn't matter so much with murder. Putting Nazi symbols in a Jewish graveyard would normally be simple vandalism, but you can up the penalties with a hate crime charge.

Maybe you can't see the difference between being intimidated by simple vandalism and something that has a history associated with mass murders, but I can.
Would you feel the same if someone painted hanging witches in a Catholic graveyard, or people being stretched apart on a rack?

I think it's cultural misappropriation.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 11th, 2019 at 12:20:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
Would you feel the same if someone painted hanging witches in a Catholic graveyard, or people being stretched apart on a rack?

I think it's cultural misappropriation.

There's all kinds of ancient purges, killings and tortures that aren't really relevant to anyone today. But what does that have to do with the current topic. We're not even a generation out from active gay bashing crimes, and outlawed gay behavior.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 11th, 2019 at 12:29:05 AM permalink
rxwine
I'd say most of the sins of the Catholic Church are the pedophilia crimes not the scars of the Inquisition. Maybe Bob disagrees.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 11th, 2019 at 5:19:57 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Victims or parents of victims were complicit in the pedophilia activities, but speaking out against the inquisition would only yield torture.
July 11th, 2019 at 9:06:25 AM permalink
rxwine
Police officer planted drugs on random drivers he had stopped. No rhyme or reason to the people he picked. Sending people who never committed a crime or used drugs to jail even.

Imagine how messed up your life is going to be if you got meth planted on you.

Quote:
Wester, who was fired last September, was arrested Wednesday and charged with 52 counts of racketeering, false imprisonment, official misconduct, fabricating evidence and possession of controlled substances, among other charges. He’s accused of indiscriminately targeting innocent drivers and hauling them off to jail after planting meth or marijuana in their vehicles while feigning a “search."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a-florida-cop-planted-meth-on-random-drivers-police-say-one-lost-custody-of-his-daughter/ar-AAEaPtR?ocid=spartanntp
July 11th, 2019 at 9:45:34 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Just a friendly reminder that, even if there is video tape of Bill Clinton having sex with an underage girl with him smiling at the camera admitting to doing it, he will never be convicted nor spend one second in jail

Always remember there are two sets of rules:
1-One set that applies to the "ruling class"; and
2-One for everyone else
July 11th, 2019 at 10:02:44 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Fleastiff
Victims or parents of victims were complicit in the pedophilia activities, but speaking out against the inquisition would only yield torture.

Bob and I are currently having a discussion about the Inquisition. We are finding a book to read about it to discuss it. I a good historical book from a respected historian and he suggested a historical fiction book. There are a lot of myths around the Inquistion. If anyone wants to join our book study let me know.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 11th, 2019 at 11:20:08 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble
Bob and I are currently having a discussion about the Inquisition. We are finding a book to read about it to discuss it. I a good historical book from a respected historian and he suggested a historical fiction book. There are a lot of myths around the Inquistion. If anyone wants to join our book study let me know.
That seems like it would be enjoyable for the rest of the board to witness as well.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 11th, 2019 at 12:52:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I don't have time to do the reading, but as long as everyone will act like grownups please post any interesting findings.
The President is a fink.
July 11th, 2019 at 1:04:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
If anyone wants to join our book study let me know.

We don't have a book study. I keep
telling you any book I pick that's
not on the Vatican's approved
list (and it's a short one) you'll
just pick apart as lies because you
were taught differently. That was
a gaff picking the fiction book,
I read lots of Inquisition books
20 and 25 years and that one stood
out in my mind, I had forgotten
it was well researched historical
fiction.

Which is often a good place to get
facts and be entertained. George
McDonald Fraser wrote the Flashman
series on historical England in the
19th century. His books have one
awards for their meticulous historical
accuracy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.