In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 22nd, 2019 at 6:07:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
If they can't use the words fiancé and fiancée properly they are stupid and I don't care about them. Most women don't spend that much on a wedding or take that long to plan it. Selfish and demanding.

But do you think it is a real thing or a faked thread. OOH, it is hard to believe there is a woman that nuts and if there was the man would run for the hills. OTOH, I have heard of a few crazy women who are near that nuts about their wedding.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2019 at 6:38:34 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
But do you think it is a real thing or a faked thread..
I can't think this early in the morning, but I do fear that it is indeed legitimate and I pity the poor guy who doesn't know when to head for the hills.If its a fake, its funny, but it is probably real and that is very sad.
July 22nd, 2019 at 9:28:52 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have been to two weddings in the last month. Both couples are very middle class and both of the men got second jobs to pay for the weddings. I would guess each probably spent over $30k.

I am very frugal. I probably spent about $2k on wedding and reception expenses. Thankfully, the reception venue let us bring in our own champagne for the toasts. I think we spent $10 per bottle.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 22nd, 2019 at 9:49:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I have been to two weddings in the last month. Both couples are very middle class and both of the men got second jobs to pay for the weddings. I would guess each probably spent over $30k.

I am very frugal. I probably spent about $2k on wedding and reception expenses. Thankfully, the reception venue let us bring in our own champagne for the toasts. I think we spent $10 per bottle.

In these parts we call it a "Firehall Wedding." Low end catering, DJ, booze. $2K is low for even that, but way cheaper than a hotel banquet.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2019 at 10:54:42 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
In these parts we call it a "Firehall Wedding." Low end catering, DJ, booze. $2K is low for even that, but way cheaper than a hotel banquet.

I have never heard the term Firehall wedding.

Our wedding was in a church and the reception was in a private room at the "fancy" restaurant in a small Montana town. We only had about 30 guests and the restaurant was only about $50 per person which included wine and beer. The food options were limited to beef (6oz filet), Chicken Marsala, or fish (Walleye). The restaurant had a cash bar for anyone that wanted liquor.
July 22nd, 2019 at 2:05:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I have never heard the term Firehall wedding.

Most volunteer fire departments here have some kind of hall they rent out for parties, usually weddings. Catering and bar as basic. Badda beppa da boppa da boop, its how to keep the cost in line.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2019 at 3:19:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Like horses, it's not the price of bringing them home that is expensive. It's all the accoutrements that add up, and the disposal.

At least with horses, when you can't ride them anymore you can still sell them for glue.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 22nd, 2019 at 3:26:43 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: petroglyph
Like horses, it's not the price of bringing them home that is expensive. It's all the accoutrements that add up, and the disposal.

At least with horses, when you can't ride them anymore you can still sell them for glue.

The key is to marry a winning horse and bank the prize money.
July 22nd, 2019 at 3:29:19 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I posted earlier about two young Australians who met in Greece and decided to sail around the world together while funding their travels via youtube.. I've just learned they are presently in the Bahamas with an infant and since they reached the one million subscribers mark they don't think they will ever have to work a nine to five job.
July 24th, 2019 at 7:01:53 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Ivanka Trump Mocked For Giving 'All White' Dog to Her Daughter

You make jokes about what these losers call "racist," like if someone prefers vanilla ice cream to chocolate. Then they show they are losers who are just looking for an excuse to cry "RACISM!"

And the lefties wonder why I do not care about their racism claims?
The President is a fink.