No votes (0%)
3 votes (23.07%)
4 votes (30.76%)

13 members have voted

May 8th, 2014 at 12:36:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face

We fight over nothing. We argue over nothing. I go fishing, she's there. I do yard work, she's there. I go to hockey, she's there. I'm still a loner, but now we're loners together. It's fan-freaking-tastic.

I've seen guys that had girlfriends like that.
Never once did it stay the same after they
got married. You want it to last, stay single.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 9th, 2014 at 8:35:59 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
There are going to be disagreements in marriage. What is the ideal way to resolve them?

Other: Admit to your mistakes an say you're sorry.

Anything else makes matters worse.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 9th, 2014 at 9:14:35 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
Other: Admit to your mistakes an say you're sorry.

I've acknowledged long ago that every problem is my fault and I'm sorry for all of them. I think I'm going to get blamed for those kidnapped girls in Nigeria pretty soon, and of course I'll cop the blame for that as well.

I get to repeat such apologies frequently as a review of my biggest mistakes over the last 19 years happens every time it looks like I just might be right about something.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 9th, 2014 at 10:59:27 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Face

We fight over nothing. We argue over nothing. I go fishing, she's there. I do yard work, she's there. I go to hockey, she's there. I'm still a loner, but now we're loners together. It's fan-freaking-tastic.

And if I want to do something she doesn't, that's just the way it is. If she wants something that I don't, that's just the way it is. And there's not a mote of resentment between us.

Stay tuned for my next post where I update that my relationships a disaster and I'm single again ;)

No need for updates... you''ve got it made! You don't have to be 100 percent clones of each other. You already mentioned that she likes pistols and you prefer rifles. Two separate individuals who choose to be together is a union of strength not needfulness. Congratulations to each of you.
May 9th, 2014 at 11:43:24 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I've acknowledged long ago that every problem is my fault and I'm sorry for all of them.

Discuss rationally! Pffft...

I remember thinking that when FOX news was covering the apprehension of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev the news commentator said "I'll tell you one thing, whatever happens, this man is going to be executed". I remember thinking that even if the statement was true, and 99.99% of the viewers agree with the sentiment, it still is not an appropriate thing to say. It isn't news, it is an opinion. I'm not even disagreeing with the statement, I just don't think it belongs in a news report.
May 9th, 2014 at 12:39:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
I've acknowledged long ago that every problem is my fault and I'm sorry for all of them..

And you're still married because of it. Like
Chuck Heston said, constantly admit fault,
constantly apologize, and you'll stay married.
He never said the marriage would be a happy
one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2014 at 6:43:35 PM permalink
Tomspur
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
And you're still married because of it. Like
Chuck Heston said, constantly admit fault,
constantly apologize, and you'll stay married.
He never said the marriage would be a happy
one.

I disagree. Of course it will be a happy one? Don't you want your wife to be happy? Whatever that means for you is rather inconsequential. You want to make her happy no matter the costs, that is what a husband does for his wife is it not?

On a lighter note, nobody said a happy marriage is a fullfilled one :)
May 14th, 2014 at 7:28:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Tomspur
I disagree. Of course it will be a happy one? Don't you want your wife to be happy? Whatever that means for you is rather inconsequential. You want to make her happy no matter the costs, that is what a husband does for his wife is it not?

Dude, there's a woman out there just waiting for
you, with that attitude.
May 15th, 2014 at 4:23:46 PM permalink
Tomspur
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
Dude, there's a woman out there just waiting for
you, with that attitude.

Does it hurt being a cynic all your life? :)

I have already been caught, quartered and fried...........I'm not going anywhere :)
Page 3 of 3<123