Quote: Beethoven
+100

If there was a war, they would be against a draft
because they don't like the military and feel they
shouldn't be forced to serve. The Right doesn't
like a draft either, but they don't complain about
serving because they know it's needed. The new
Left is even worse because I think their moms let
them breast feed till they were in first grade.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 16th, 2014 at 2:54:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
So... why is that so much your business anyway?

Why that? If it is for harm, where is the principle of deciding what other people get married under state law your business so much? I might decide my business may be gun restrictions for harm reasons? But I am a liberal, I am likely to weigh liberty and harm carefully anyway. I don't understand how it fits your political leanings towards liberty. Especially this.

You asked me why we should limit keep marriage as intended between one man and one woman. I gave an answer that it seems you cannot handle so now your reply is this?

Tell me how it is the same physically, psyiologically, and mentally/spiritually as I stated it is not, please.
The President is a fink.
May 16th, 2014 at 9:28:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
You asked me why we should limit keep marriage as intended between one man and one woman. I gave an answer that it seems you cannot handle so now your reply is this?

If you want to reply as such, then I guess it's good enough to say you can't handle my question since you didn't actually answer that last one.

Quote:
Tell me how it is the same physically, psyiologically, and mentally/spiritually as I stated it is not, please.

It's a lot more like marriage than it is not. Love, cohabitation, sex, even raising children (sometimes adopted, sometimes surrogate), wanting to have a home. One could go on and on with comparisons. People deciding they want to make a bond more than living together.

Another definition of marriage is common-law marriage. "In effect, the act of the couple representing themselves to others as being married acts as the evidence that they are married".

So, you shouldn't have a problem with it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2014 at 9:54:42 AM permalink
rxwine
One other point, the consummation of marriage doesn't necessarily have to occur as long as both parties don't complain, the marriage remains a marriage under the law.

Persons have had personal and professional reasons to get married without consummation.

In actuality the circumstances make those seem less a marriage than a gay marriage, but nevertheless they exist.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 16th, 2014 at 9:56:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

If you want to reply as such, then I guess it's good enough to say you can't handle my question since you didn't actually answer that last one.

Your question was not a question but rather a tangent to avoid answering what I asked as part of my answer.

Quote:
It's a lot more like marriage than it is not. Love, cohabitation, sex, even raising children (sometimes adopted, sometimes surrogate), wanting to have a home. One could go on and on with comparisons.

Not really. Love? Not the same kind of love as between a male and a female. Sex? No, sorry, impossible between two people of the same sex--the plumbing doesn't match up. Raising kids? Not a great envrionment for that.

Another definition of marriage is common-law marriage. "In effect, the act of the couple representing themselves to others as being married acts as the evidence that they are married".

So, you shouldn't have a problem with it.
The President is a fink.
May 16th, 2014 at 10:21:06 AM permalink
rxwine
Your question was not a question but rather a tangent to avoid answering what I asked as part of my answer.

If you can't prove it was tangent to avoid answering, you best not accuse me of it. Because you are claiming mind reading powers. to know intention.

You can call it a tangent though. It doesn't help you doing so.

And I did answer it. You haven't posted a question I even thought about avoiding. But if I didn't answer it, or rather if you think I didn't I will next if I can figure out what was wrong with it.

Quote:
Not really. Love? Not the same kind of love as between a male and a female. Sex? No, sorry, impossible between two people of the same sex--the plumbing doesn't match up. Raising kids? Not a great envrionment for that.

Now you're back in personal business again. Nanny state.
May 16th, 2014 at 7:19:52 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Michael Sam didn't tell Rams about Oprah documentary plan

You gotta love this one. This Sam guy is supposedly focused 100% on football, right? Yet he's going around filming a documentary series for Oprah????? Please. This dude doesn't want to play football. He just wants to become the gay Kim Kardashian.

Can you imagine the liberal media's reaction if Tebow had been filming a religious documentary series during training camp?? *facepalm*

Just cross out "Jason Collins" and write "Michael Sam", and you get the picture here
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 16th, 2014 at 8:25:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I was just reading a list of 30 top stars who
are Gay. I was struck, not for the first time, that
I don't really believe lesbians are Gay, I
believe they prefer women because they
hate men. This comes from the fact that
most lesbians I've seen personally are
so repulsive that no man would want
them. So many attractive women who say
they're lesbians are actually bisexual.

It's different with male Gays. The majority
of those I've known personally are very good
looking and women are attracted to them.
This is just too much of a coincidence to
me, that so many unattractive women are
Gay, and so many good looking men are
Gay. The only thing that makes sense is
the lesbian women aren't really Gay, they
just hate men and Gay is all that's left.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 16th, 2014 at 9:36:41 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
I wasn't aware Sudan was now a US State.

As to consummating the marriage, while there might not be a law requiring it, it is a generally accepted thing. Also if a marriage is not consummated it can easily be ruled invalid, annulled, or be grounds for divorce. IOW, a valid marriage requires consummation in spirit if not codified in law.

Bull. Consummation of a marriage in the USA does not factor into an annulment decision except in a few states (Ohio and Pennsylvania), but in Pennsylvania's case, you have to demonstrate natural and incurable impotence.
May 16th, 2014 at 9:40:28 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: Evenbob
If there was a war, they would be against a draft
because they don't like the military and feel they
shouldn't be forced to serve. The Right doesn't
like a draft either, but they don't complain about
serving because they know it's needed. The new
Left is even worse because I think their moms let
them breast feed till they were in first grade.

Ah, Bob! I missed that feistinous. What other gems do you got?