No votes (0%)
1 vote (14.28%)
3 votes (42.85%)

7 members have voted

May 9th, 2014 at 5:32:10 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: Wizard
The question for the poll is what would you have done in my shoes?

By the way I specifically include the name of the coffee shop, as they should at least get some shame over this.

On your return trip, if the situation was the same, I would have called the city agency who gives out restaurant permits and ask them to approach the ownership regarding the safety of the umbrellas AND i would have written a letter to the restaurant.

In the end, someone else will get hit by the umbrella, and they will sue, and the restaurant will learn their lesson the hard way. There are plenty of people looking to take advantage of litigious situations without regard to their fellow man (or woman).
May 9th, 2014 at 6:21:27 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: boymimbo
On your return trip, if the situation was the same, I would have called the city agency who gives out restaurant permits and ask them to approach the ownership regarding the safety of the umbrellas AND i would have written a letter to the restaurant.

After I was nearly killed by food poisoning at the Guatemalteco restaurant here in Vegas I filed a complaint with the health department. I never so much as received an acknowledgement of the complaint.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 9th, 2014 at 12:50:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
After I was nearly killed by food poisoning at the Guatemalteco restaurant here in Vegas I filed a complaint with the health department. I never so much as received an acknowledgement of the complaint.

Lawsuits get results. My wife's business was in a
mall type of building. One of her customers was
in a wheelchair and there was no ramp, they
weren't required by law yet. So the wheelchair
woman sued the owner of the mall and my wife.
It had nothing to do with our business, we didn't
own the property, we paid rent. But when you
get sued you still have to get a lawyer and defend
yourself.

What a pain that was, but a ramp was built because
of it. If the woman had just complained, nothing
would have been done.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 2 of 2<12