There's no place for me to post

October 31st, 2012 at 11:30:36 AM permalink
DorothyGale
Threads: 1
I suppose I was born this way ... which is mainly because I am a made up and fictional character ... so ... being fictional I am also free ...

But the only thing interesting about sexual preference to me is the extent to which laws towards LGTBs restrict the rights of people based on race, religion or sexual orientation ... there are tons of classes of people who experience discrimination and have laws written to discriminate against them ... whether it's the Defense of Marriage Act, or it's Affirmative Action, or it's voter ID laws, or the Paper's Please law, pick your class and you'll find it ...

So, Mr. W., the question to you is this: why do you single out "sexual orientation" as a controversial topic at all? In your power as the great Mr. W., you have selected from all the possible discriminated groups and singled out LGTBs as worthy of special mention ... really? REALLY? Are you kinky? Are you closet? Or is this sub-section here just to appease Nareed?

--Dorothy
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!" -- Elpha
October 31st, 2012 at 11:40:15 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: DorothyGale
I suppose I was born this way ... which is mainly because I am a made up and fictional character ... so ... being fictional I am also free ...

But the only thing interesting about sexual preference to me is the extent to which laws towards LGTBs restrict the rights of people based on race, religion or sexual orientation ... there are tons of classes of people who experience discrimination and have laws written to discriminate against them ... whether it's the Defense of Marriage Act, or it's Affirmative Action, or it's voter ID laws, or the Paper's Please law, pick your class and you'll find it ...

Politics?
Quote:

So, Mr. W., the question to you is this: why do you single out "sexual orientation" as a controversial topic at all? In your power as the great Mr. W., you have selected from all the possible discriminated groups and singled out LGTBs as worthy of special mention ... really? REALLY? Are you kinky? Are you closet? Or is this sub-section here just to appease Nareed?

--Dorothy

Talking about sex and sexuality is always controversial, or at least taboo.

As long as this sub-section does dominate, we can all just get along.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 31st, 2012 at 12:46:51 PM permalink
DorothyGale
Quote: TheCesspit
Talking about sex and sexuality is always controversial, or at least taboo.
If someone posted, you know, something about snuff ... that would be too much for even me, but as long as it's just sex and sexuality ... we've all got our secrets and we've all got our issues ... there is nothing you can tell your therapist that they haven't heard 100 times ... there is nothing you can say here about sex that hasn't been thought about, said or done by countless others ... "sex-life" is just another aspect of ordinary life ... it's just the same old ordinary tired-out human condition ...

-- Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!" -- Elpha
October 31st, 2012 at 1:14:23 PM permalink
DorothyGale
Since, as I was saying, there is no place for me to post what I've been thinking, because there is no sub-section just for my issues and I don't care much about topics like sexuality ... I'm posting this here in the thread I started so that I can be easily ignored ...

I was thinking more about Mr. W. and Nareed, and the gradual build up, battles, resolution and it suddenly occurred to me that it fits the classic domestic violence model ... it's a stretch because we don't know a lot that has gone on behind the scene, but it is clear that some stuff has come down between them ...

Cycle of violence within a relationship

The cycle of abuse consists of three phases:

Quote:
Tension Building Phase, characterized by poor communication, tension, fear of causing outbursts. During this stage the victims try to calm the abuser down, to avoid any major violent confrontations.

Violent Episode, characterized by outbursts of violent, abusive incidents. During this stage the abuser attempts to dominate his/her partner(victim), with the use of domestic violence.

Honeymoon Phase, characterized by affection, apology, and apparent end of violence. During this stage the abuser feels overwhelming feelings of remorse and sadness. Some abusers walk away from the situation, while others shower their victims with love and affection.

From the same article:

Quote:
In abusive relationships, violence is posited to arise out of a need for power and control of one partner over the other. An abuser will use various tactics of abuse (e.g., physical, verbal, emotional, sexual or financial) in order to establish and maintain control over the partner.

Yep ... Mr. W. and Nareed ... yep ...

--Ms. D.
October 31st, 2012 at 1:39:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"sex-life" is just another aspect of ordinary life ... it's just the same old ordinary tired-out human condition ...

Yup. But certain types are forever fascinated by their
own sexuality and want to foist their fascination onto
us, whether we like it or not. There is nothing more
boring than discussing somebody elses sexual preference,
but they never seem to 'get' that..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 31st, 2012 at 2:20:45 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
If someone posted, you know, something about snuff ... that would be too much for even me, but as long as it's just sex and sexuality ... we've all got our secrets and we've all got our issues ... there is nothing you can tell your therapist that they haven't heard 100 times ... there is nothing you can say here about sex that hasn't been thought about, said or done by countless others ... "sex-life" is just another aspect of ordinary life ... it's just the same old ordinary tired-out human condition ...

-- Ms. D.

Indeed so for some, but others like to talk about it, cos it's new to them. I'm not saying you have to partake. I'm not saying that I will, but I know people -might be-. Some people find talking about it controversial, or discussion of gay rights upsetting or annoying. That's okay, there's a block thread option out there.

Shrug.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 1st, 2012 at 10:22:29 AM permalink
FarFromVegas
Threads: 3

Well, I suppose we are all born the way we are, but sadly there are groups who are told they shouldn't be that way and should change to be like the others. It's nice to have a section to discuss the things that make life different for them, even when all their clothes are on.

Life is different for women than it is for men even when they're in the standard "acceptable" roles. We were watching my son play baseball and it was time to get my daughter from religion class at the church almost next door--the field and church are separated by an elementary school. I was leaving and my husband said it was faster to go behind the school. Like women would walk behind buildings, even in a nice neighborhood. This week it's his turn and he can walk wherever he wants, but I'm sticking to the sidewalk.
This space for rent