Atheist TV Channel, what will they program?

Page 3 of 4<1234>
May 14th, 2014 at 3:19:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

And, from what I could see so far, pro-gay (or as I would put just like anyone else) is winning. Buying power, courts, voting. Yes, sometimes it loses, but overall it is winning.

In reality what happens is the gay mafia demands gay content on TV. The producers buckle and people watch anyways because "its whats on TV." Most people are sheep and will follow the crowd.

I seriously don't think I could name 5 regular TV shows on the networks. And I really could not name newer shows. And I really do not care. I think EB and I should just open a bar or something.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2014 at 4:13:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
I think EB and I should just open a bar or something.

Last I heard, EB is done with bars. I don't know if it involves listening to drunks all day, but I don't know if I could take that unless I started drinking myself.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 14th, 2014 at 4:41:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Last I heard, EB is done with bars. I don't know if it involves listening to drunks all day, but I don't know if I could take that unless I started drinking myself.

Met a guy on a cruise owned 6 bars and was in AA. He said rule #1 is don't get high on your own supply as it is impossible to drink "just a little" when you own a bar. I'd still open one with EB.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2014 at 5:56:51 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
FrGamble may show up to say there is critical thinking in Religion, and there is if it didn't encompass so many beliefs other than speculation in general ideas, -- or things critical thinking and science can actually address to some extent. But for instance, believing in the resurrection poses great challenges for proof in any kind evidence way that is satisfactory to meet what is claimed. There is a heck of a lot more than just that idea claimed. The easiest part is claiming god might exist. Then it gets really tough for a whole bunch of other claims.

Bigfoot can be discussed on a critical thinking channel. Is the investigation using a scientific method. Do the claims for proof hold up to scrutiny. Do what people hold as beliefs resemble non critical beliefs or fallicious logic.

I agree that the easiest part is claiming God exists. It makes sense, it is logical, the proof is all around us, science points to it, etc... However, if that awesome idea of God's existence is easy to claim using our critical thinking then how much easier is it to claim Jesus Christ's Resurrection. I mean when we are talking about God we are talking about some big and important philosophical, spiritual, metaphysical truths. When we are talking about Jesus of Nazareth we are talking about a historical person who lived some two millennium ago. People saw Him, wrote about Him, told stories about Him, they even saw Him after His Resurrection! This guy who has without a doubt impacted our world like none other in a mysterious and unexplained way. I mean come on, we still sing annoying songs starting in October about the birth of a guy who was crucified as a common criminal by the Romans!?! This in itself is proof of the Resurrection. The fact that all the Apostles and disciples of Jesus were willing to give their lives for the truth of the Resurrection, and most did. The fact that the Romans, Jews, Greeks, and just about everyone wanted to snuff out this fledgling religion, but despite their efforts they could never disprove or discredit the Resurrection.

I would indeed welcome a Critical Thinking Channel because over time it would become a Catholic Channel.

little joke: The Sadducees did not believe in the Resurrection, or Angels, or life after death - they were sad you see.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 14th, 2014 at 6:00:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Met a guy on a cruise owned 6 bars and was in AA. He said rule #1 is don't get high on your own supply as it is impossible to drink "just a little" when you own a bar..

I thought I could handle it and after a
year I was driving the 5 blocks home
drunk every night. Every bartender I
knew was a drunk. You can't avoid it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2014 at 6:06:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
I agree that the easiest part is claiming God exists. It makes sense, it is logical, the proof is all around us.

It's not easiest for those reasons, as those aren't
proof of anything except existence. It's easy to
accept god because you hear it from the older
ignorant people that surround you all your life.
It's very hard to think for yourself when you've had
poppycock spewed at you since you were 2 years
old. It's always easiest to be a lemming and follow
the rest.

As I've said before, god is reverse logic and reverse
engineering at its finest. You think you see a creation,
so you invent a creator. You can't see him, so you
invent his characteristics. There's not a shred of evidence
that the universe was created by god or anything else.
It might have evolved from something, but it wasn't
created.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2014 at 6:25:23 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I don't think I see creation, I really do see creation everywhere and so do you. If you see things that exist it would be a good critical thinking exercise to ask yourself: where did this come from? You say that maybe it evolved from something. Okay that is a start, what did it evolve from? To avoid the impossibility of an illogical infinite regress eventually and logically you will find yourself at a creator, or a being/force that did not evolve or come from anything else but rather holds existence in itself. A non-contingent being becomes the first characteristic of this creator that you don't need to invent because it is obviously part of its nature. As far as not a shred of observable evidence that the universe was created, have you ever heard of the Big Bang?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 14th, 2014 at 6:39:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
I don't think I see creation, I really do see creation everywhere

You see what you want to see, you don't
know where it came from, so you think
it was created. If the universe came from
the big bang, it wasn't created by it, the
universe evolved from it. You're using
Occam's Razor; the most obvious answer
is usually the right answer. But Occam's
Razor is flawed, that's it's point.
May 14th, 2014 at 7:01:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I agree that the easiest part is claiming God exists. It makes sense, it is logical, the proof is all around us, science points to it, etc... However, if that awesome idea of God's existence is easy to claim using our critical thinking then how much easier is it to claim Jesus Christ's Resurrection. I mean when we are talking about God we are talking about some big and important philosophical, spiritual, metaphysical truths. When we are talking about Jesus of Nazareth we are talking about a historical person who lived some two millennium ago. People saw Him, wrote about Him, told stories about Him, they even saw Him after His Resurrection! This guy who has without a doubt impacted our world like none other in a mysterious and unexplained way. I mean come on, we still sing annoying songs starting in October about the birth of a guy who was crucified as a common criminal by the Romans!?! This in itself is proof of the Resurrection. The fact that all the Apostles and disciples of Jesus were willing to give their lives for the truth of the Resurrection, and most did. The fact that the Romans, Jews, Greeks, and just about everyone wanted to snuff out this fledgling religion, but despite their efforts they could never disprove or discredit the Resurrection.

I would indeed welcome a Critical Thinking Channel because over time it would become a Catholic Channel.

Well, I said it is the easiest part only because something definitive is so difficult. Not that it is obvious..

Anyway there are both plenty of ex-Christian atheists and ex-atheists Christians, both well versed in doctrine. I wouldn't be surprised if they invited Catholics on for a friendly "barbecue" on such a channel. Everybody loves a picnic.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 15th, 2014 at 12:33:17 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Atheist channel aside, I do believe believing is harder than not believing. Ask "God are you real," and you won't hear a response of course, but you can imagine why God wouldn't respond. Yet, you can imagine God, but for what reason. The fourth dimension, fifth dimension might exist, but they really can't be imagined and can't understand their depiction because you are incapable.

If God exists and everyone says no and it can't be, then you have to believe they're all lying or short sided foolish and that isn't easy. Belief is counter-intuitive versus atheism is intuitive, so can't agree. Someone knowing an onion after one layer is smarter or wiser when they've given up knowing more? Can't imagine anything lazier and close minded than these militant types destroying hotel bibles and being insulted by music on the radio. This channel fails and is completely useless. A channel about believing in nothing just seems boring and will get old when Supernatural is on because it may not be true, but its ideas are better.
Page 3 of 4<1234>