Mysogyny

Page 1 of 212>
May 13th, 2014 at 9:27:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"Mysogyny is the dislike of women."

I'm wondering if I'm a mysogynist. I really don't like women
very much. I much prefer the company of men. I find most
women to be boring to the point of give me a snooze button.

I started being aware of this in the late 70's when I got the
bar. I got real good at listening to people talk without looking
at them. You think it's easy, you try it. I heard hundreds of
conversations between men and men and men and women
and women and women.

Men talking to men rarely talk about their personal lives.
Not because they're afraid to, it's just very boring. So they
talk about sports and cars and the news & projects they're
working or theories and science and on and on. They
rarely talk about their kids and wives.

Women talking to women mostly talk about their personal
lives. What the kids are doing, how it's going at work, how
unhappy they are with some aspect of their bodies. They
discuss what idiots their husbands are and trade info about
their husbands and jobs. In laws, mothers, gossip, you
name it.

Men, as a rule, never talk about any of that with other men.
We just don't find it relevant or interesting. Talking to my
wife bores me to tears, I avoid it. It's just a diatribe of what's
happening at her job and in her family. I don't care, tell
it to the other women in your life. I don't say that, but a
lot of men feel like I do.

I don't even like movies where it's a mostly female cast.
Boring and a half. Some men will say they like talking to
women I usually realize he's just as boring as they are.

I don't like women very much, I'm realizing, I put up with
them. You know, the best, most interesting women are
in movie scripts written by men. They're a fantasy, they
don't exist. They aren't totally self centered like real
women are.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2014 at 12:11:14 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
I think it's more of the context of actions and language used in public. The guy from Michigan in the one viral Youtube video was, but I doubt you really fit the normal usage. His catchphrase was "I don't take no orders from no woman."
May 14th, 2014 at 12:23:43 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
I think it's more of the context of actions and language used in public. The guy from Michigan in the one viral Youtube video was, but I doubt you really fit the normal usage. His catchphrase was "I don't take no orders from no woman."

Huh? I have absolutely no idea what this means.
Can you elaborate?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2014 at 12:55:44 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Quote: Evenbob
Huh? I have absolutely no idea what this means.
Can you elaborate?
Lets just say you might have tendencies but probably aren't there yet. Search "don't take no orders from no women" on Youtube and you'll see
Ihor from Warren, or
mars
May 14th, 2014 at 1:02:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Not sure who around here can answer this one. Though I think it is more than boredom and indifference, although that could be part of a longer list.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 14th, 2014 at 1:03:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Lets just say you might have tendencies but probably aren't there yet. Search "don't take no orders from no women"

Good god, what in gods name are you
talking about? I see my first blocked
member coming here.
May 14th, 2014 at 1:12:42 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Good god, what in gods name are you
talking about? I see my first blocked
member coming here.
He is mysogyny. He was the guy on the news who dropped logs in the street. Not sure if you saw the right video.
May 14th, 2014 at 1:43:07 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
"Mysogyny is the dislike of women."

I'm wondering if I'm a mysogynist. I really don't like women very much. I much prefer the company of men. I find most women to be boring to the point of give me a snooze button ...

The problem with that word is that for most women it implies outright hatred. You don't seem like a hater to me, in the sense that you don't think your problems are caused by women. I wouldn't use that word.

If you must use a word, you might say you are androcentric in that your interests revolve primarily around male point of view. It doesn't imply hatred, just general disinterest.

Androcentrism (Greek, andro-, "man, male") is the practice, conscious or otherwise, of placing male human beings or the masculine point of view at the center of one's view of the world and its culture and history. The related adjective is androcentric, while the practice of placing the feminine point of view at the center is gynocentrism.
May 14th, 2014 at 3:16:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Women don't like solving problems while men do. There is a famous part in "Men are Frmo Mars, Women are From Venus" that talks about how this causes frustration in relationships. A woman tells here girlfriend about the problems she is having at work and the girlfriend just listens, which is all she wants. When she tells her husband he immediately says, "Well why don't you try 'x'" and she gets upset. He thinks he is doing well offering advice, she just wanted someone to "listen."

Women, especially if they are of child bearing age, can be totally unaware of what is going on in the world unles it directly involves them. Ever notice how many women "hate politics" and are generally less informed than men on world events? I still remember a class in high school where we had to come up with ideas for a debate subject or something. I put up the national debt (I was still too stupid to think it should be paid to zero) and the oil bust then going on. This one girl says, "what's the national debt?" and "what's the oil bust?" This was a high school junior and she had no clue to what either were. Her suggestion was aneroxic/bulimic girls.

There is a portion of women who just do not understand the complexities and dangers in "men's jobs." We had two females in my welding class. I didn't talk to them much because the class was a solitary class where you were in your booth almost all class so you had just a quick word or two when you suqelched your practice metal in water. Well I was taking a break and one of the two females was making light of welding her pad to the table. It was a 101 class so accidents happened but when I asked something about what she meant she gave a girly, "I sure did!" I just walked away thinking, "does this girl realize she is working with 5,000 degrees?"

This is probably why I have almost never been in a serious relationship and kind of have stopped looking. I just can't make the connection with the thought process.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2014 at 6:35:41 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Your OP, and a lot of comments in a lot of threads, got me reevaluating this whole "diversity", "tolerance", and "acceptance" culture that's so mainstream these days. It's got me wondering what it is and what it means, and if we've gone past positivity into the land of mucking things up.

I like diversity. College taught me a great many things, and not a one of them was learned in a class. Different cultures, different lifestyles, it really open my eyes and expanded my horizons. But that was sort of a natural process. It "came to be".

Mostly, I like hanging out with "my own kind". That doesn't mean anything specific, but just speaking generally. Most of my friends are country folk, most like fishing, hunting, being outdoors, most enjoy firearms, most like watching or playing hockey. Most are either native or white, as opposed to black, hispanic, or Asian. Most are men. Most like C&W as opposed to R&B. In short, my friends are mostly like me.

I'm all for lessening the hate and oppression of one group over another. But it's starting to seem more and more of a "forcing" thing. Like, I don't like many urban folk. I flat out don't like them. Don't matter if you're black, red, white, whatever; the style, attitude, and culture of the city is something I find to be a turn off. And I bet I could find someone who has a problem with that.

It's a weird thing. I can understand having an issue if I promoted the hatred of city folk, or called them names, or otherwise purposely tried to harm them or their reputation. But I simply dislike them and wish to avoid them. Replace "city folk" with blacks or gays or women or Muslims, and hell, would we have a mess on our hands.

Diversity, uniformity, what is right anymore? I can hardly keep up. I suppose this is part of what keeps me in the woods =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 1 of 212>