Mysogyny

Page 2 of 2<12
May 14th, 2014 at 8:27:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

Mostly, I like hanging out with "my own kind". That doesn't mean anything specific, but just speaking generally. Most of my friends are country folk, most like fishing, hunting, being outdoors, most enjoy firearms, most like watching or playing hockey. Most are either native or white, as opposed to black, hispanic, or Asian. Most are men. Most like C&W as opposed to R&B. In short, my friends are mostly like me.

This is a lot of what I have said here, although you are diplomatic about it and I am a cynic. Why it surprises or upsets certain kinds of people I never understood. If you like hockey, would you really hang out with someone who only watched the NBA? If you like Hank Williams, Jr are you going to even walk into a local bar where you hear rap playing from the jukebox?

If I lived closer I'd be there in an instant to help you with that 1970 Charger with a 426 Hemi that you found in a barn 5 miles out of town. But if you want me to go to the opera with you and your s/o, well I just came down with the spring flu. Of course when I get to your barn you have some other guy there who I don't know but also likes Mopars. And he and I share a lot of interests. Eventially we have a whole crew, but we hang around because of those common bonds.

Then one day at the bar some prissy professor from SUNY looks at us and thinks we are racist rednecks because we only hang out with each other. Are we, or would we be more than happy to invite as Asian guy who likes Hank, Jr and is good with caurberators into our group?

Quote:
I'm all for lessening the hate and oppression of one group over another. But it's starting to seem more and more of a "forcing" thing. Like, I don't like many urban folk. I flat out don't like them. Don't matter if you're black, red, white, whatever; the style, attitude, and culture of the city is something I find to be a turn off. And I bet I could find someone who has a problem with that.

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg. That worked for years and is better than forcing things.

Quote:
It's a weird thing. I can understand having an issue if I promoted the hatred of city folk, or called them names, or otherwise purposely tried to harm them or their reputation. But I simply dislike them and wish to avoid them. Replace "city folk" with blacks or gays or women or Muslims, and hell, would we have a mess on our hands.

Lets take a real-world example here. On dating sites like Match.com, black females are the most excluded group from searches by far. IOW, more men do not want to date them than do not want to date whites, asians, or hispanics. Now, is there really anything different about excluding black females vs excluding females listed as BBW or a religion that is not yours?
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2014 at 12:53:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Women don't like solving problems while men do.

Ain't that the truth. I'm going thru that right
now. My wife's 90 year old parents finally
lost their driving license's in MT and were
forced to move back to MI. They are at one
of my wife's sisters. The mother has Alzheimer's
and will ask the same questions 30 times,
its maddening. She's very good natured and
sweet, but has zero short term memory. She
puts a pan on the stove and immediately
forgets about it.

The dad has Parkinson's so bad that when he
eats his food goes flying around the room if
his wife isn't steadying his arm. If you leave
him alone for 2min he falls asleep.

Getting the picture? These people need to
be in a home with constant care. But they have
a small house up north and the old man wants
to live there, just him and his wife. We had a
big meeting the other night and the 4 sisters
mostly want to let them live up north, just so
they don't have to make any real decisions
about it.

It was incredible watching these dithering women
trying to come to some kind of agreement. I
finally went ballistic on them. I told them circumstances
have dictated what must happen. They're parents
are children now, they can't fend for themselves.
Any professional would agree, they cannot live
alone.

I was basically told to mind my own business and today
they still have made no decision. They want to please
everybody so they end up doing nothing. It's astounding
to watch them. It's like feminist Camile Paglia said, if
women ran the world we'd still be living in grass huts.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2014 at 6:15:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Pacomartin

If you must use a word, you might say you are androcentric in that your interests revolve primarily around male point of view..

That's it, I'm androchronic. Androskeptic.

What you said..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2014 at 7:20:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob

I finally went ballistic on them. I told them circumstances
have dictated what must happen. They're parents
are children now, they can't fend for themselves.
Any professional would agree, they cannot live
alone.

My mother was taking care of my dad. His Alzheimer's was progressing.. I was with my brother and sister discussing the situation with her about getting him into a nursing home.

I suggested one more option, instead of putting him under full time care. This caused her to start crying.

That was the end of that discussion. He went in, and she went on a shuttle every day to see him. No more options. Her mind was clear, but he was a lot of work and she was almost as old as he was and not in great shape to take care of him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 14th, 2014 at 7:26:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
People who no short time memory are a danger
to themselves and others. My mom in law seems
normal at first glance, but she forgets something
as soon as she hears it or does it. It's a frightening
thing to witness. She asked me a dozen times if
I'd had dessert at dinner. She has a long term
memory so that's how she relates to things. But
if she puts the broom away, she'll keep checking
to see if she really did. You can't leave people
like that alone.
Page 2 of 2<12