Gun Control

July 9th, 2020 at 9:07:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
If 1% of thekids die by going to school, who cares?

???????
It multiplies
Kids come home and spread it to the family.
Family members die. Death rate goes up.
USA is already the virus capital of the world. Trump wants to cement that position
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 9th, 2020 at 9:16:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
???????
It multiplies
USA is already the virus capital of the world. Trump wants to cement that position

Good, let's just let it run through and get it over with.

I'm of the position that the Government shouldn't force people to wear masks and/or socially distance, but on the flip side, the Government shouldn't HAVE to force people to wear masks or socially distance. The evidence is sufficient and comes from enough unique sources (who, in some cases, would have no natural reason to automatically agree with one another) that there should be no reason to doubt/deny the virus or the impacts thereof.

IOW, people should have been and should be responsible enough to do social distancing and mask-wearing of their own accord. But, Americans are stupid, for the most part. So, you've got a bunch of young folks (far left) doing the protesting and not distancing, going on vacations and gathering in large groups...and then you have the older folks who insist on attending churches and far right folks intent on attending Trump rallies. In all cases, if they die they die, who really cares? Those who survive will be better off without them anyway. And, it's not like we're going to get this thing under control, at this point. That ship has sailed absent a nationwide almost total lockdown.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 9th, 2020 at 1:30:04 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
???????
It multiplies

You really think this is all Trump, but that is utterly stupid. All of those spikes happened around Memorial Day when people were out of their houses for lots of reasons, not the least of which were protests. Americans of all kinds out and about doing whatever thing they wanted to do, screaming and hollering (spreads more that way) in many instances and not listening to guidance. Guidance which can be given by the federal government but is not within the power of that entity to make mandatory. Those pesky states may have that power.

Lots of people of all kinds are not listening to the guidance. Stop just thinking they aren't listening to Trump; many of those violating the rules also don't like, or listen to, Trump.
July 10th, 2020 at 10:17:36 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: RonC
You really think this is all Trump, but that is utterly stupid.

Maybe he's just partaking in his favorite hobby. 😂😂
August 26th, 2020 at 5:52:37 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
July NICS Background check numbers are out:
Arizona up 129% in July, +88% YTD
Florida up 127% in July, +60% YTD
North Carolina up 126% in July, +63% YTD
Ohio up 120% in July, +55% YTD
Wisconsin up 138% in July, +64% YTD (wonder WI numbers will look like in September post Blake riots?)
Lots of citizens continue to worry about their personal safety as the BLM mobs roam the country
Wonder if those swing state voters will pull the lever for the BLM/"Defund The Police" Democratic Party in November?
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 26th, 2020 at 6:13:48 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: JCW09

Lots of citizens continue to worry about their personal safety as the BLM mobs roam the country

Yawn
You must be pretty scared. Holed up in a bunker?
I'm currently roaming the country.
I feel perfectly safe having fun seeing all the sites.
Just checked out the Hank Williams and Rosa Parks museums.
and
I was unarmed :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 7th, 2020 at 11:00:13 AM permalink
JCW09
August NICS Stats:
AZ +60%, YTD +84% (Up 207K)
FL +56%, YTD +59% (+459K)
MI +157%, YTD +114% (+351K)
OH +58%, YTD +55% (+227K)
PA +57%, YTD +41% (Jun-Aug numbers are up 202% = BLM Riots that started in June)
WI +87%, YTD +66% (+182K & WI's Sept numbers should spike even more)
60%+ of purchases are handguns
Handguns are good for one thing, personal protection
1.4+ million more residents of AZ, FL, MI, OH & WI got NICS Background Checks in 2020,
Why would you think your daily life activities are relevant compared to the increased activity of 1.4+ million people?
New Flash: None of us individually matter that much
Look at group activity to gain insight, your individual world doesn't matter that much & neither does mine.
October 4th, 2020 at 1:10:58 PM permalink
JCW09
September Firearm NICS Background Check Stats:
AZ +75%, YTD +83% (Up 229K)
FL +73%, YTD +66% (Up 524K)
MI +148%, YTD +118% (Up 412K)
OH +71%, YTD +57% (Up 259K)
PA +73%, YTD +44% (up 317K)
WI +88%, YTD +69% (Up 215K)
Almost 2 million more residents of these swing states went through NICS background checks YTD.
I know what the "polls" are reporting
But as they say, "BS walks and money (spent on firearms) talks!"
We'll get the answer on which is the better indicator of actual voter sentiment in 2nd half of November.
I am not expecting any reliable results in close states until at least November 17th.
At least ACB will be confirmed by Election Night & our 2A Constitutional Rights will be secure for decades to come.
Thanks Donny!!
October 5th, 2020 at 10:48:32 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: JCW09

But as they say, "BS walks and money (spent on firearms) talks!"
We'll get the answer on which is the better indicator of actual voter sentiment in 2nd half of November.
I am not expecting any reliable results in close states until at least November 17th.
At least ACB will be confirmed by Election Night & our 2A Constitutional Rights will be secure for decades to come.
Thanks Donny!!

ROTFL
Been living in a cave?
The right is dieing for this to be about guns :--) get it. dieing. Republican WH has the deadly virus
but
The entire country and planet have their minds on something else completely different
COVID 19
The whole election boils down to the virus
In the news its
VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS. not guns guns guns
November 2nd, 2020 at 2:13:06 PM permalink
JCW09
Nationwide NICS Background Checks are up by 9.2 Million vs 2019 YTD!
2019 through 10/31 was 22.9M NICS Background Checks
2020 through 10/31 is 32.1M
Here is your battleground state rundown for Oct 2020 vs. Oct 2019:
AZ +67%
OH +68%
PA +69%
WI +84%
I'd update the state year to date numbers, but the smart ones here will extrapolate they haven't moved much from last month.
But none of the estimated 40% new gun owners in these numbers will vote and if they do it won't split badly for the Dems.
Gun Owners always align with the Dems, the 1994 Crime Bill, "Assault Weapons Bans" (whatever those are) & Beto for Gun Control.
I mean its the virus after all, or so I have been scolded into learning
That and Tulsa circa 1920 seems to be a thing we should care about.
Keep on rolling, nothing to see here.