Gun Control

May 19th, 2022 at 4:09:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
When you assign your personal attorney to do it and he is representing himself on behalf of the you the potus. Meanwhile the potus is holding up millions of dollars of funding to that country.

So you are saying we should keep funding countries that are blatantly trying to buy influence with American pols? It is what you are saying.

Quote:
And how do you come up with the idea the POTUS has the powers to investigate? He can certainly ask the AG. But the Ag is supposed to be independent. Not only that, this was related to a political opponent.

You should have stuck to calling it a phone call and stopped there.

The AG would not be investigating another country. Just because it involved a Democrat does not give a free pass.
The President is a fink.
May 19th, 2022 at 4:19:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
So you are saying we should keep funding countries that are blatantly trying to buy influence with American pols? It is what you are saying.

What I do know, is the power to investigate doesn’t fall to President. That’s what matters. Not that it can’t be investigated.

Quote:

The AG would not be investigating another country. Just because it involved a Democrat does not give a free pass.

Regardless, it’s not in the presidential powers; keep trying to take the stink off your guy. It’s not working.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 19th, 2022 at 4:29:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
What I do know, is the power to investigate doesn’t fall to President. That’s what matters. Not that it can’t be investigated.

He made a phone call and asked some questions. Hardly an "investigation" on his part. And not outside his powers.

Quote:
Regardless, it’s not in the presidential powers; keep trying to take the stink off your guy. It’s not working.

Neither is convening a "disinformation unit" but that was tried. Are you suggesting we impeach Biden?
The President is a fink.
May 19th, 2022 at 4:40:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
He made a phone call and asked some questions. Hardly an "investigation" on his part. And not outside his powers.%(

Now you’re just being disingenuous, to what has already been pointed out to you. Zero reason to repeat myself for those who can read.

Quote:
Neither is convening a "disinformation unit" but that was tried. Are you suggesting we impeach Biden?

If you can, do it. I already said if you can find someone.breaking the law of either party and you can convict them, do so,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2022 at 6:14:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Insanity

'Don't die on me, I need you!' 911 calls offer no reason why St. Johns man shot his neighbor, then himself
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dont-die-911-calls-offer-223250421.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 24th, 2022 at 3:33:23 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Good points from this guy. If I carried a handgun all the time* I'd want to know these things

* I usually just have one when 'in the woods' or fishing ... and don't have a shotgun or rifle
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
May 24th, 2022 at 4:43:38 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Mas runs training around the country every year
Mas Ayoob Group
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
May 25th, 2022 at 5:01:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
What is it about the USA
Massacres at schools
Over and over and over
I really don't hear about this in other countries
What is it about the US that we constantly have these school massacres
The next school massacre on this planet
What are the odds it takes place in the US
99.9999999999%??????????
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 25th, 2022 at 7:23:10 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
What is it about the USA
Massacres at schools
Over and over and over
I really don't hear about this in other countries
What is it about the US that we constantly have these school massacres
The next school massacre on this planet
What are the odds it takes place in the US
99.9999999999%??????????

School shooting is 2022 US 288, Other Countries 43. US accounts for 87%. Your general impression is correct but school shootings outside of the US are much more frequent than you think. Likely due to the limited news bubble you live in.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 25th, 2022 at 7:36:58 AM permalink
rxwine
There's a process called "licensing" that's used in some states. Rather than going through Insta-check with the 108 second FBI database looking for an actual crime, it goes through a number of local agencies. It more thorough and up to date can include even incident reports without a crime being committed.

It of course, takes too long for most gunners. They gotta have that cold hard steel in hand as soon as possible.