Gun Control

July 6th, 2022 at 5:48:23 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
I've studied various forms of martial arts. Seven years ago I spent a few months with these guys in Westchester.

It is a combination of multiple self defense arts, including Native American self-defense techniques.

Eye gouging and crushing knees with steel toed shoes, sneakers or boots are part of the training.

"Steel toe sneakers?" I asked. "Go ahead, step on my foot". Sure enough. Steel toe sneakers. They turn feet into hammers.

One of the women in the group was attacked in an elevator inside a courthouse by someone being tried for rape. As soon as the doors closed, he turned toward her. She put her hands in front of her face, palms out. When the 6'4' attacker leaned in, she drove her fingers into the back of his eye sockets, He went down in a heap, and she began kicking him. When the doors opened, the Court Officers tackled her, thinking it was a family dispute. The attacker was partially blinded in one eye.

This might be her.
July 6th, 2022 at 6:22:09 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
I've studied various forms of martial arts. Seven years ago I spent a few months with these guys in Westchester.

Cool
The odds that I or most people need martial arts skills is slim to none
I walk around cities unarmed my entire life with no issues
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 6th, 2022 at 6:42:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
As far as it's the people not the guns argument.

Did we make ammonium nitrate harder to get after McVeigh blew up a Federal Building? Sure did.
Did we make it harder to access a plane after 911. Sure did.

No one uses the argument that's it's not the availability that is the problem. Hell that's how pro-lifers have gone after abortion. They've reduced availability.

Do they want to go after the availability of fentanyl? Sure do.

Guns no. AR-15s aren't the problem.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 8th, 2022 at 7:07:02 PM permalink
terapined
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 10th, 2022 at 9:44:59 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Mass shooting in South Africa. A group of men drove up to a bar and opened fire killing 15 people. Currently thought to be random. This must be fake news since it has been posted here many times that mass shooting only happen in the US.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 10th, 2022 at 11:17:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Mass shooting in South Africa. A group of men drove up to a bar and opened fire killing 15 people. Currently thought to be random. This must be fake news since it has been posted here many times that mass shooting only happen in the US.

The second amendment as designed has done more overall harm than good in this country. Hunting is now just a chosen lifestyle or a sport. It can no longer even accomplish some of its glorified benefits like dealing with a tyrannical government. The citizens would need heavy artillery, and anti-aircraft systems.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2022 at 11:45:38 AM permalink
rxwine
…I wouldn’t eliminate it, but I sure would make it more difficult than being able to breath, walk, and have no criminal history to own one. (I don’t even think you need to prove the first two)

Probably more like the Israeli’s do.
July 10th, 2022 at 11:54:16 AM permalink
terapined

Mass shootings happen everywhere
School shootings are a uniquely American problem
What other country does those happen on a regular basis?????????
We as a country are bracing ourselves for another school massacre.
Everybody on the planet knows its coming in this country
Just a matter of how soon
July 10th, 2022 at 1:11:20 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Mass shootings happen everywhere
School shootings are a uniquely American problem
What other country does those happen on a regular basis?????????
We as a country are bracing ourselves for another school massacre.
Everybody on the planet knows its coming in this country
Just a matter of how soon

I am too lazy to look it up again but the last time you posted that only the US had school shootings I proved you wrong. But as is your bent you never let facts get in the way of your opinions.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 10th, 2022 at 1:33:32 PM permalink
terapined
I am too lazy to look it up again but the last time you posted that only the US had school shootings I proved you wrong. But as is your bent you never let facts get in the way of your opinions.

BS
No other country has regular mass school shootings like we do.
Post a source