Gun Control

July 22nd, 2022 at 6:54:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Tanko
A step in the right direction.

Oregon voters to decide on nation's strictest gun control.

'If approved, an applicant for a gun permit would be required to complete an approved firearm safety course, pay a fee, provide personal information, submit to fingerprinting and photographing and pass a criminal background check.'

that sounds great to me. Hopefully, it will be that way in every state in the future.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 22nd, 2022 at 1:47:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

'If approved, an applicant for a gun permit would be required to complete an approved firearm safety course, pay a fee, provide personal information, submit to fingerprinting and photographing and pass a criminal background check.'

Seems like SCOUTS just told states they cannot have such draconian firearms laws.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2022 at 2:41:59 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

that sounds great to me. Hopefully, it will be that way in every state in the future.

I agree
Common sense approach
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 22nd, 2022 at 2:58:14 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman

Seems like SCOUTS just told states they cannot have such draconian firearms laws.

No, they told States for carry permits they cannot force you to have the burden to prove to the State that you need to carry.

May Issue vs Shall Issue states. (basically May Issue is no longer allowed).
July 25th, 2022 at 6:24:08 AM permalink
terapined
Hmm
I wonder if Alex Jones will even show up.
You never know with this disgusting clown

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alex-jones-sandy-hook-defamation-trial-set-finally-begin-texas-rcna39779
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 26th, 2022 at 6:17:21 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Luckiest man in Vegas
July 26th, 2022 at 8:41:45 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Luckiest man in Vegas

I would say he was unlucky. His gun was failing, how is that lucky?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 28th, 2022 at 2:15:59 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: Gandler
No, they told States for carry permits they cannot force you to have the burden to prove to the State that you need to carry.
May Issue vs Shall Issue states. (basically May Issue is no longer allowed).

NYRPA v Bruen is much more than a change to the "Shall" vs "May" issue statutes of CCW Licenses.
The SCOTUS crushed the Left's use of "intermediate scrutiny" when analyzing whether a law infringed on enumerated rights.
Lower Courts no longer get to "balance the governments interest" in deciding if a gun restriction law is Un-Constitutional.
Look at the contested the law and compare it to the text & historical meaning of the Second Amendment.
"....shall not be infringed" is going to be tough to overcome.
You can say good-bye to 10 or 15 round mag. capacity laws, "assault weapon" bans & legal gun rosters (as CA has).
This case is bigger and goes farther than both Heller (2008) or McDonald (2010).
Next will be shut downs of the overreaching States identifying "gun free sensitive areas" as all public spaces with crowds.
Saint Thomas pre-emptively addressed this issue and Hochul in NY is going to get her head handed to her.
You'll have two choices in America going forward: set yourself up to be the sheep in an Indiana Mall.
Or alternatively: "lock & load", get trained and try and be more like the hero, aka Eli Dicken, when evil presents itself.
Better yet, Leftists can just stay in their houses, mask up and wait for their next booster shot.
Or in AMS case, get some of that Monkey Pox Vaccine, cause you know he is gonna need that.
Yeah, that Trump Legacy of a 6-3 SCOTUS is pretty insignificant, LMAO.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
August 5th, 2022 at 5:44:01 PM permalink
terapined
Is 77 bucks a week liquor bill for one couple a lot. It's probably not high end stuff
I don't know, don't drink
Following the Crumbley Trial. Their kid shot up a school.
Prosecutor said their yearly liquor bill was 4k
August 5th, 2022 at 6:05:26 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
Is 77 bucks a week liquor bill for one couple a lot. It's probably not high end stuff
I don't know, don't drink
Following the Crumbley Trial. Their kid shot up a school.
Prosecutor said their yearly liquor bill was 4k

4K a year on liquor is a lot of money for something that people do not need (especially if you are a family that does not make much money), it means you are drinking at least weekly, which people should not be doing money aside.

A quick Google said the average Americans spends about 500 USD a year on alcohol, so even looking at it as a couple (1K average for two people), its about 3X the average.