Gun Control

September 4th, 2022 at 7:36:54 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
2 brother killed 10 people and injured more during a mass killing today in Saskatchewan, Canada. They did it with knives. Gun control would stop it though because gun controls stop mass killings. Whoops Canada has gun controls.

??????
Evil people exist
Gun control is about less overall deaths. Simply a numbers game.
Doesn't prevent jack if somebody is determined to kill many.
Evil still exists and finds a way
9/11 They took over planes with knives and look at the damage done.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 4th, 2022 at 7:49:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
You'd have to be a hellava stabber to kill 59 people and injure 413 (The Mandalay Bay Vegas shooting)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 4th, 2022 at 8:12:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Hey, I found out something else I can give Trump credit for. He reversed a 20 year prohibition on the study of gun violence. Of course, it took the shooting at the Parkland school and pressure from the students.

Yeah, it's about the least amount of credit you can possibly give someone, when they're literally pressured by circumstances to do something they wouldn't have ever done otherwise. But I guess that's something.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 10th, 2022 at 9:02:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Visa, Mastercard, and American Express will separately categorize purchases at gun shops in a win for gun control advocates who say the decision will help alert law enforcement to potentially illegal firearm sales.

According to The Associated Press, the payment processors announced the change on Saturday, after the International Organization for Standardization, a Geneva-based nonprofit, approved the creation of a merchant code for gun retailers.
September 11th, 2022 at 4:43:56 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I just bought some hard-to-get shotgun shells from Bass Pro, online. They indicated you can't use Paypal. So I guess I'll see if that purchase gets categorized so the consumer sees that.

I literally have been unable to get these locally, btw. The ammunition shortages feed paranoia, so I imagine the new situation is causing more of that. I'm not immune to it myself.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 11th, 2022 at 4:56:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit

I literally have been unable to get these locally, btw. The ammunition shortages feed paranoia, so I imagine the new situation is causing more of that. I'm not immune to it myself.

What's the "new situation"???
I yawn at ammunition shortages
Why are people paranoid?
Traveled all over the country, often into urban areas
Never ever felt the need to be armed
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 11th, 2022 at 5:00:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Why are people paranoid?

I agree with you but I also understand that some people do not have any risk tolerance.

I own one gun, it is a pistol and I do not own any bullets for it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 11th, 2022 at 5:08:26 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Kidnaping became a federal crime following the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby.

All gun crimes should be made federal crimes as well.

It would take those cases away from protection under liberal state laws, and activist DA's and Judges who typically refuse to prosecute or release criminals without penalty.

Thanks to the no bail-no jail law, most of those arrested for illegal gun possession and even shooters in NYC are released soon after their arrest. They could wait years to see their trial date. Giving them years to commit additional crimes.
September 11th, 2022 at 5:22:09 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Tanko
Kidnaping became a federal crime following the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby.

All gun crimes should be made federal crimes as well.

It would take those cases away from protection under liberal state laws, and activist DA's and Judges who typically refuse to prosecute or release criminals without penalty.

Thanks to the no bail-no jail law, most of those arrested for illegal gun possession and even shooters in NYC are released soon after their arrest. They could wait years to see their trial date. Giving them years to commit additional crimes.

Look at the bright side of it, we wont have an over population problem.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 11th, 2022 at 2:02:42 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
upthread one post above the one you responded to
Quote:
Why are people paranoid?
if you didn't have this knee-jerk reaction against posts that might interfere with your pre-set notions about guns, you might have taken the time to actually look at the post and realize shotgun shells are probably for hunting or skeet
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]