Gun Control

May 27th, 2014 at 9:21:05 AM permalink
Beethoven
Member since: Apr 27, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 640
Quote: chickenman
Yeah, let's just ditch the Second Amendment. They don't understand what its intention was/is anyway... **very loud and mournful groan**
+1


Quote: AZDuffman
History? Just watch the news. Nevada rancher, Waco, TX, on and on.
All the LIV's out there just write off Cliven Bundy et al. as a bunch of deranged kooks. And the media, of course, loves to propagate this (mis)characterization.

Every LIV in America needs to listen to this woman who survived Nazi Germany. The best part is at 27:12 when she says:

"Keep your guns, and buy more guns!"


Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 27th, 2014 at 9:37:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 95
Posts: 5609
Quote: Beethoven
+1


All the LIV's out there just write off Cliven Bundy et al. as a bunch of deranged kooks. And the media, of course, loves to propagate this (mis)characterization.


What people don't realize is that if there is no telling if there is a gun behind the door then the government is less likely to knock the door in. LIVs think without guns then "everything will be peaceful, like in Vancouver." What they do not realize is that for every "peaceful little Vancouver" there is a Somolia or Juarez, Mexico where people live in constant fear because the bad guys never bothered to turn in their guns.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
May 27th, 2014 at 10:15:14 AM permalink
reno
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 51
Posts: 750
Should guns be allowed on commercial aircraft? (Arguably not, because a stray bullet could damage the plane, causing loss of cabin pressure & oxygen.)

But what if every passenger had the option to bring an enormous knife and/or sword on to commercial aircraft? This could potentially discourage terrorists from hijacking a plane if they knew they had to fight 100 passengers with large machetes. The cost-benefit analysis ought to be that if it saves more lives than it hurts, it's probably good policy for public safety.
May 27th, 2014 at 10:24:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 95
Posts: 5609
Quote: reno


But what if every passenger had the option to bring an enormous knife and/or sword on to commercial aircraft? This could potentially discourage terrorists from hijacking a plane if they knew they had to fight 100 passengers with large machetes. The cost-benefit analysis ought to be that if it saves more lives than it hurts, it's probably good policy for public safety.


The airlines would love it as they could charge a "carry-on sword fee."
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
May 27th, 2014 at 10:32:34 PM permalink
Beethoven
Member since: Apr 27, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 640
Grieving Father Compares Semi-Auto Handguns to Nuclear Bombs

I feel sorry for this guy after losing his son to that crazy killer a few days ago, but he's just full of crap now.

Also, does anyone notice how very little attention is being given to the kids who got stabbed? Three kids got stabbed, and another three got shot, but guess which deaths are getting all the media coverage???? The ignorant may chalk it up to an ethical dissimilarity, but I say it's yet another example of media bias.

----------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Another idiotic parent has spoken:

“The kids keep dying. The guns keep showing up everywhere,” Weiss told KING. “It seems like you can buy a gun as easily as you can get a Slurpee at 7/11. That’s just too dangerous.”

I'm getting sick and tired of hyperbole like this. BTW, does this dolt realize that you can buy knives literally "as easily as you can get a Slurpee at 7/11"?????
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 30th, 2014 at 4:52:00 PM permalink
Beethoven
Member since: Apr 27, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 640
England May Ban Knives

I don't know if I should LOL or *facepalm*. :D
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 31st, 2014 at 7:35:48 AM permalink
reno
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 51
Posts: 750
Quote: Beethoven
England May Ban Knives

I don't know if I should LOL or *facepalm*. :D


It's a fun headline, because it gets you to click on it ("clickbait") but Truthrevolt is just fooling around... the BBC article that Truthrevolt links to is from 2005! So yes, in 2005 a group of doctors said something really really stupid. Everyone agrees that what these doctors said in 2005 is foolish, that's why Truthrevolt couldn't find a more recent link. C'mon Beethoven don't fall for Truthrevolt's silly manufactured outrage. Facepalm.

Here's a right-wing blog from 2012 with the same provocative headline "British Doctors Call for Ban on Long Kitchen Knives to End Stabbings." And this blog links to the same goddamn BBC article from 2005! Facepalm.

It's called "clickbait" and the liberal LIV blogs (Huffington Post, etc) are just as guilty of posting a scandalizing headline with flimsy evidence to back it up. For example, Jonathan Turley is a liberal blogger and his source is the same goddamn BBC article from 2005. Facepalm.

Watch out, they're coming for your knives... Facepalm.
May 31st, 2014 at 7:37:13 AM permalink
reno
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 51
Posts: 750
Facepalm.
May 31st, 2014 at 8:23:56 AM permalink
Beethoven
Member since: Apr 27, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 640
Quote: reno
It's a fun headline, because it gets you to click on it ("clickbait") but Truthrevolt is just fooling around... the BBC article that Truthrevolt links to is from 2005! So yes, in 2005 a group of doctors said something really really stupid. Everyone agrees that what these doctors said in 2005 is foolish, that's why Truthrevolt couldn't find a more recent link. C'mon Beethoven don't fall for Truthrevolt's silly manufactured outrage. Facepalm.

Here's a right-wing blog from 2012 with the same provocative headline "British Doctors Call for Ban on Long Kitchen Knives to End Stabbings." And this blog links to the same goddamn BBC article from 2005! Facepalm.

It's called "clickbait" and the liberal LIV blogs (Huffington Post, etc) are just as guilty of posting a scandalizing headline with flimsy evidence to back it up. For example, Jonathan Turley is a liberal blogger and his source is the same goddamn BBC article from 2005. Facepalm.

Watch out, they're coming for your knives... Facepalm.
OK, that's fair enough. Would this more recent article make you feel better? ;) lol

Ban knives? Murrysville school attack prompts gun debate
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 31st, 2014 at 8:31:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 95
Posts: 5609
Quote: reno


It's called "clickbait" and the liberal LIV blogs (Huffington Post, etc) are just as guilty of posting a scandalizing headline with flimsy evidence to back it up. For example, Jonathan Turley is a liberal blogger and his source is the same goddamn BBC article from 2005. Facepalm.

Watch out, they're coming for your knives... Facepalm.


I saw the link was old but didn't comment here. Old or new it is still a sad look at our times that the answer to every small issue is either a warning label or to start banning things. Even sadder/funnier is that you can joke about almost anything (e.g. : "lets ban knives") and not only does it happen but it happened almost 10 years ago.

"lets ban knives, send a press release!"
"someone else already did!"
**facepalm**
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it