Plausibility - Current Conspiracy Theories

Page 1 of 3123>
November 2nd, 2012 at 12:17:07 PM permalink
Dfens
Threads: 1
Who doesn't love a good conspiracy theory? Are there any you believe in? Which are more plausible?

Please rate the following conspiracy theories from the most plausible to least. A brief explanation is encouraged but not necessary.

-The link to HIV and AIDs if false. AIDS is a result of lifestyle
-The Holocaust was not as widespread as most people think. It was Allied propaganda
-Barack Obama was not born in the United States
-Mitt Romney has set up offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes that he otherwise would be paying if he didn't have offshore accounts
-Humans never landed on the moon
-The World Trade Center collapse was an “inside job”

Rank
1 … (most plausible)
3…
4…
5…
6… (least plausible)

Thanks for your time! I look forward to reading your response!
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:05:33 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
A.) Falling Down was a great movie, DFens.

B.) I will rank them, but will not give explanations, simply because I don't think any of them (except #1) are true.

6.)-The link to HIV and AIDs if false. AIDS is a result of lifestyle
5.)-The Holocaust was not as widespread as most people think. It was Allied propaganda
3.)-Barack Obama was not born in the United States
2.)-Mitt Romney has set up offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes that he otherwise would be paying if he didn't have offshore accounts
1.)-Humans never landed on the moon
4.)-The World Trade Center collapse was an “inside job”
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:17:28 PM permalink
rdw4potus
Threads: 10
Quote: Mission146
A.) Falling Down was a great movie, DFens.

B.) I will rank them, but will not give explanations, simply because I don't think any of them (except #1) are true.

6.)-The link to HIV and AIDs if false. AIDS is a result of lifestyle
5.)-The Holocaust was not as widespread as most people think. It was Allied propaganda
3.)-Barack Obama was not born in the United States
2.)-Mitt Romney has set up offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes that he otherwise would be paying if he didn't have offshore accounts
1.)-Humans never landed on the moon
4.)-The World Trade Center collapse was an “inside job”

I'm pretty sure you have a ranking problem there somewhere.

Humans really did land on the moon, and Romney really did use perfectly legal means to shift money offshore to avoid paying taxes.
I'm not wearing any pants, film at 11
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:46:21 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Why aren't we on the moon now? Why can't we do it again?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:48:55 PM permalink
TheCesspit
If #1 is true, surely it should be at the top for you?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:49:18 PM permalink
rdw4potus
Threads: 10

Well, ok, then. both 1 and 2 are true. but the moon thing is a giant inexcusable rouse to show superiority during the cold war and the tax thing is just a good idea by a smart man who perhaps lacked the foresight to see how it would be perceived later.
I'm not wearing any pants, film at 11
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:51:24 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: TheCesspit
If #1 is true, surely it should be at the top for you?

It is, I just copied the OP's List and inserted the numbers before them myself, his list didn't have the numbers.
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:51:43 PM permalink
FarFromVegas
Threads: 3

Money. Priorities. If moon rocks turned out to be a cheap source of energy I bet we'd find a way drag that sucker home to Earth.
This space for rent
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:53:28 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Most likely

-Mitt Romney has set up offshore accounts to avoid paying taxes that he otherwise would be paying if he didn't have offshore accounts
-Barack Obama was not born in the United States
-Humans never landed on the moon
-The World Trade Center collapse was an “inside job”
-The link to HIV and AIDs if false. AIDS is a result of lifestyle
-The Holocaust was not as widespread as most people think. It was Allied propaganda

least Likely

There's a big gap between 2 and 3, for me, and 2 is pretty sketchy anyways, as most of what I've read is playing with Semantics. I'm pretty sure Romney did set up off shore accounts... and would be a standard VC move in many cases.

AIDS and Holocaust denial (or whatever name those guys are going by this week) is a whole troll-load of dirt. WTC being an inside job has been so consistently debunked it's boring. Moon Landings could have been faked, but there's plenty of evidence they weren't. We've not gone back as money has been spent elsewhere, rather than it being impossible.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:56:38 PM permalink
TheCesspit
It is, I just copied the OP's List and inserted the numbers before them myself, his list didn't have the numbers.

Oh right, you didn't re-order it. Sorry.
Page 1 of 3123>