Et tu, Google?

June 27th, 2014 at 9:56:41 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
This is the second article I've read this week stressing the "ability" to unlock a phone or tablet without having to use a PIN or password:

http://www.greenbot.com/article/2369140/how-google-plans-to-lock-you-away-from-ios-and-windows.html

Am I missing something?(*) I very deliberately disbaled the lock screen on my phone, and have a simple swipe lock on my tablet (I'd do without even that, except it keeps nosy people at the office from messing with my tablet). For my home PC, and at work as well, I've no password or lock screen at all (lock screens on a desktop PC are as useful as a screen door in a submarine). One of my complaints about WINDOS (ie Windows 8 Is Not a Desktop Operating System, for those who don't remember) was the need to have a lock screen on the desktop.

(*) I do know some people like passwords on their PCs and gadgets. Me, I've nothing there that could be of any use to anyone.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 27th, 2014 at 10:00:23 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: Nareed
disbaled

If you asy so =)

Quote: Nareed

I've nothing there that could be of any use to anyone.
Until they get your fone and you get HUGE roaming and long distance bill :-(
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
June 27th, 2014 at 10:34:03 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: chickenman
If you asy so =)

I don't proof read when the thread ins't baout speling or grandmar.

So they're ;)

Quote:
Until they get your fone and you get HUGE roaming and long distance bill :-(

Company phone. Not my problem. :D
June 27th, 2014 at 5:13:03 PM permalink
Nareed
I've updated a couple of Android apps lately, and both stated in the "what's new" section "support for Android wear devices." That would be Google's version of a "smart" watch, wristbands, glass, etc.

I feel a tremenduous desire to yawn.