How do I rid myself of a feral cat?

Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »
July 3rd, 2014 at 7:40:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
The damn rabbits will just eat his garden anyways, so he should let the cat get them.

Rabbits will stay away with fox urine, all small
animals will. No need for any of them to die.
It will even keep deer away.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2014 at 8:25:54 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: Evenbob
Rabbits will stay away with fox urine, all small
animals will. No need for any of them to die.
It will even keep deer away.
You're probably right about that, but I just forgot about your specific suggestion.
July 3rd, 2014 at 8:37:51 PM permalink
NatureAdvocate
Threads: 0
Why all the talk, just use the fox urine as I
suggested and the cat will go away. Problem
solved.

This is an absolute zero-solution. Not only will you have to waste more valuable minutes out of your own life reapplying the deterrent whenever it become ineffective, not to mention the expense, but that invasive-species vermin will go on to spread more of its deadly diseases and continue to destroy more of our valuable native wildlife. It is neither the responsibility nor effort of ANYONE to deal with these cat-lickers' cats. If they don't want to take care of their cat in the manner that they see fit, then you can take care of their cat in the manner that you see fit. And if you do it right, it only takes one time. Repelling cats is no better than being just as negligent as those who trap cats and then go dump them off on someone else to become someone else's problem. Where's your balls and respect for every other human and animal on the planet? Did some cat-licker cut yours off? Sounds like it.

If you are worried about bringing even more disruption into your own life from phenomenally manipulative cat-lickers, then ...

SSS -- Shoot, Shovel, & Shut-Up
TDSS -- Trap, Drown, Shovel, & Shut-Up

Those are your two very best friends when living next-door to a mentally deranged cat-licker. Legal on every square foot of this earth. No local ordinances were violated if it never happened. Many a raccoon, dog, car, coyote, hawk, cat-napper, etc, was blamed for a neighbor's missing cat that is now acting as fertilizer for someone's rose-bushes. I didn't have to resort to this, as the cat-lickers by me were told by myself AND the Sheriff that all their cats were going to be shot-to-death. Do you think this stopped them? No. In fact, as they heard all their cats being shot to death and roamed the roads every day calling out the names of their favorites, that would never come home, THEY KEPT ADOPTING EVEN *MORE* OF THEM TO BE SHOT TO DEATH. This is why it took two seasons to be rid of every last one of them. Hundreds of their cats dead and buried and 6 months of dead-cat-lessons before they finally figured it out. Yes, some of them are JUST that phenomenally stupid and disrespectful to ALL life on the planet, even their own cats. THEY JUST DON'T CARE HOW ANY OF THEIR FREE-ROAMING CATS DIE. Remember that. They only use them as little animal-sacrifices to manipulate everyone and their whole community around them. That is ALL that their cats mean to them.

Granted, people have a very real concern for bringing the demented wrath of mentally deranged cat-lickers onto their own lives. This is why most any legal agency prefers that you just kill their cats for them without telling anyone. They've played that game for decades, even the Sheriff told me this. But I didn't care at that point. I wanted to be sure they knew I was shooting every last one of their cats for them.

NO sane person in the world wants to get a bunch of psychotic and sociopathic cat-lickers invading their personal lives. All that do learn this lesson learn it far far too late.

Take this most recent example, a loving veterinarian who tried to save the life of a sick cat from one of their outdoor hoarded colonies. These sociopathic and psychopathic wastes-of-flesh cyber-bullied this caring and loving veterinarian to suicide.

banvetabuse D0T blogspot D0T co D0T uk SLASH 2014_03_01_archive D0T html

blogs D0T hudsonvalley D0T com SLASH pets-power/2014/03/03/veterinary-community-alleges-cyberbullying/

Google for: LOEWS HOTELS FERAL CATS, if people don't believe what these psychotic cat-licking whack-jobs do to everyone on the planet.

Another replay of what these cat-licking cyber-bullying sociopaths do, Google for: CATS VENICE COMPLEX REPRIEVE

A $150 million renovation project for low-income housing, put on hold, jobs lost, money lost, homeless still homeless, court costs and lawyers, just to save a few of their feral vermin c-Rats. And the saddest part of all, the vast majority of these TNR'ed cats had already died heinous inhumane deaths from TNR-practitioners' "humane death by attrition" re-abandonment philosophy. (Road-kill, diseases, parasites, injuries, environmental poisons, cat & animal attacks, exposure, etc.)

Similar scenarios can be found daily and weekly by Googling for feral cats and churches, universities, hospitals, shopping centers, malls, apartment complexes, etc. Cat-lickers delusionally believe that any land on which a cat has stepped-foot is their own property and they can manipulate and control the owners and all laws on it.

This is precisely why everyone is learning to destroy all cats on their properties as quickly and quietly as possible. Telling nobody beforehand about any cats even being there. Long before these psychotic cyber-bullying cat-licker sociopaths and psychopaths get wind of the cats. Shoot (or trap & drown) cats first -- tell no-one later. The only thing worse than feral cats are feral cat-lickers. You can legally shoot the former, not the latter. You need to pay lawyers and courts to get rid of the latter. THEN you can get rid of their cats. And the sad part is, that's EXACTLY what happens, each and every time.

People are wising-up. If ANY cats are around they destroy every last one of them first, before they make any other move. Before these cyber-bullying cat-lickers can do anything about it to try to destroy and waste everyone's lives even more than they already have with their disease-infested invasive-species vermin cats. Not quite the results that these sociopathic cat-lickers had intended, but that's what they're getting! :-)
July 3rd, 2014 at 8:46:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: NatureAdvocate
This is an absolute zero-solution. Not only will you have to waste more valuable minutes out of your own life reapplying the deterrent whenever it become ineffective,

You have obviously never used fox urine
to get rid of cats and rabbits. They get
the idea in a very short time and don't
come back, especially cats. The rest of
your diatribe isn't even worth commenting
on.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2014 at 8:54:40 PM permalink
NatureAdvocate
You have obviously never used fox urine
to get rid of cats and rabbits. They get
the idea in a very short time and don't
come back, especially cats. The rest of
your diatribe isn't even worth commenting
on.

And YOU are a disrespectful moron who wants to ensure that cats continue to destroy all our native wildlife, continue to destroy the properties and lives of all your neighbors, ensure that these invasive-species vermin continue to destroy all life on this planet with all the diseases that these cats spread, and have ZERO balls.

Birds are just a minor subset of all the thousands of native animal species (billions of individual animals) that cat-lickers (criminally irresponsible cat-advocates) are annihilating around the world with their man-made invasive species vermin cats.

Not only are these demented invasive-species house-cats-ONLY "animal lovers" now killing off all Big Cats in all wildlife reserves around the world:

thenational D0T ae SLASH news/uae-news/big-cat-owners-warned-to-keep-them-acres-away-from-feral-strays

And for the ultimate example of absurdity and species-conservation irony, now making all moggie-licking residents of the UK (the inventors of that TNR insanity) the complete laughingstocks of the whole world, they've already made their ONE AND ONLY NATIVE CAT SPECIES EXTINCT in the UK with their invasive species "moggies":

guardian D0T co D0T uk SLASH environment/2012/sep/16/scottish-wildcat-extinction

"A report, produced by the Scottish Wildcat Association, reviewed 2,000 records of camera trap recordings, eyewitness reports and road kills, and concluded there may be only about 40 wildcats left in Scotland in the wild today. 'However you juggle the figures, it is hard to find anything positive,' says Steve Piper, the association's chairman. 'The overwhelming evidence is that the wildcat is going to be extinct within months.'" ... "However, it is not the loss of habitat that is causing the current cat crisis in the Cairngorms. It is the spread of the domestic cat." ... "'Essentially the Highland wildcat is being eradicated by an alien invasive species: the domestic cat.'" (report quoted from 2 years ago, they are no-doubt extinct by now)

As well as killing off all their inland River Otters in England (and elsewhere) with their cats' parasites:

wildlifeextra D0T com SLASH go/news/otter-toxoplasmosis D0T html

As well as cats' parasites killing off all rare and endangered marine mammals on all coastlines around the world (worse than any oil-spill that has ever existed or could even be imagined):

news D0T msn D0T com SLASH science-technology/deadly-cat-feces-killing-thousands-of-marine-mammals

environmentalhealthnews D0T org SLASH ehs/news/hawaiian-monk-seals

Plus these cat-licking "animal lover" psychopaths and sociopaths are also killing off all the Mountain Lions (Cougars, Puma, Endangered Florida Panther, etc.), and all other native cat species in North America:

rapidcityjournal D0T com SLASH sports/local/feral-cats-pose-threat-to-birds-lions/article_8ec451c9-4b03-55a3-baa7-71ac577905cb D0T html

But now these cat-lickers are even killing off rare whales and causing massive birth-defects in the indigenous Inuit people who depend on seal-meat for their very survival. Seals that were infected (and are also dying-off) from these cat-lickers' cats' parasites.

Cat parasite found in western Arctic Beluga deemed infectious
news.ubc D0T ca SLASH 2014/02/13/bigthaw/

Let's thank these psychotic bible-home-schooled cat-lickers for all the fine work they do for being such fantastic "animal lovers", shall we? THEY JUST LOVE CATS SO MUCH! So caring! So thoughtful! So intelligent! So FULL of love for living things! So much so that they will even sacrifice whole races of humans to death-by-birth-defect to prove how much they love their cats.

I'd love to thank them all, each with a gift of a solitary-confinement prison-cell -- FOR LIFE. Better yet, for their VAST ecological crimes and sins against all of nature and all of humanity, hanged-until-dead would be a far more fitting "gift" for them AND the whole planet. That used to be the punishment for engaging in bio-warfare against the human population and all other animal life in any country. I say bring it back -- special, just for them.
July 4th, 2014 at 4:16:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
And YOU are a disrespectful moron who wants to ensure that cats continue to destroy all our native wildlife, continue to destroy the properties and lives of all your neighbors, ensure that these invasive-species vermin continue to destroy all life on this planet with all the diseases that these cats spread, and have ZERO balls.

Sir, while your posts have been otherwise great and helpful in this situation, and I believe I speak for others in that we hope you stay in this forum, please avoid this kind of attack. Folks have gotten banned for this kind of personal attack and it is against the ToS here.

Thanks.
The President is a fink.
July 4th, 2014 at 5:56:20 AM permalink
chickenman
Quote: AZDuffman
we hope you stay in this forum
Fully agree. I just hope he tells us exactly where he stands on the cat issue... :-)

Seriously, what life-changing event caused you to become so knowlegable and opinionated on getting rid of cats?
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
July 4th, 2014 at 5:59:27 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
And YOU are a disrespectful moron ...

Differences of opinion, arguments even, are well tolerated.

Insults are not.

Do not be surprised if you get suspended for that remark.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
July 4th, 2014 at 6:29:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Our boy has unavoidably lost a lot of credibility towards his positions too. Is he a no-nonsense naturalist revealing a lot we didn't know about cats, or is he just some cat-hating maniac more eager to troll than really advocate effectively. Now we don't know.

I was actually wondering if he was somebody with a different ID at WoV coming over here to make waves with a tirade on a subject he actually doesn't give a hoot about. But those links he provided were strange ... if coming from WoV he should know it's OK to provide the links and let them hyperlink even.

And the links show he really is probably into this anti-cat thing.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 4th, 2014 at 6:29:36 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Feral cats are a problem, but the humane way to handle them is trap + neuter / spay, but since you're allergic, you won't be doing that. I would go down the route of dropping it off in a forest a good solid 50 miles away. Just put them in the trunk of your car, put a disposable towel around the trap, and drive, and wear gloves when handling the trap.

That leaves fox urine/pepper spray as your only option, with the addition of finding the neighbor who is feeding the cat.

My mother-in-law feeds feral cats on a regular basis, which I can't stand. One night she left the food out and there were a family of skunks at the feeding dish. I spent a good 1/2 hour last night trying to find the pictures that I took of the skunks but alas, there was a two month period in 2011 where my computer crashed.

That was three years ago. Three of the four cats still feed there.
Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »