How do I rid myself of a feral cat?

Page 7 of 7« First<4567
July 18th, 2014 at 4:00:59 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
We have had thoughts of getting chickens, but are hearing that bears are a problem for that ... and we have bears! I was within 10 ft. of one recently.

As far as I can determine, the problem is that the bears want the chicken feed.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 18th, 2014 at 4:10:48 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
We have had thoughts of getting chickens, but are hearing that bears are a problem for that ... and we have bears! I was within 10 ft. of one recently.

Yes, see the link I posted on p. 5 of this thread
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
July 18th, 2014 at 9:11:44 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
AZ would never admit he killed it though.
July 19th, 2014 at 12:43:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
AZ would never admit he killed it though.

Cats move around a lot, I doubt he killed it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 5th, 2014 at 10:19:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
There is what appears to be a feral cat hanging around my house. I have now seen it on both sides, it runs off the moment it sees me. I need to be rid of it. I called the boro and they said there was some place I could call who would come out and do a catch-and-spay/neuter then release. I told her I didn't want it "released" I want it gone. She gave me the number of a trapper, the boro has no animal control to catch and dispose of it.

Any ideas on the best way to be rid of it? I plan on getting some chickens soon and don't want a cat coming by to attack them, I also don't want it killing any rabbits or other small wildlife in my garden. I don't want it to suffer, but I want it gone. Think the Russian boxer's comment on Apollo in "Rocky 4." Leaving it a "snack" is my preferred option. Shooting it will not work, houses too close together. I don't want to trap it as traps are costly and then there is disposal.

I guess Nature advocate must have got nuked or something?

He touched on some great info though before being axed. He seemed to really know how to get rid of cats. I searched the web for ways to get rid of them and many many of the sites turned out to be decoys of actual cat lickers. I mean dozens of these sites are actually cat lickers that are more against ridding the planet of horrible animals [ domestic cats] than alqueda.

I tried many ways and it was really difficult for me. I admire NA's prowess with air and rimfire, like I said good info there.

Did you figure some surefire [pun] way of ridding yourself of the vermin?

Cats for me were remarkably bullet proof and seem to heal from almost anything. There are two kinds of people [min.] dog lovers or cat lickers. You can tell a lot about a person who has a cat box or not in their home. I thought that very funny that not even ranging wild animals could eat cat carcass. I always snicker at least a little when I see somebody kissing their cat on the nose or lips after the cat just got done cleaning.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 5th, 2014 at 11:26:13 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Quote: petroglyph
I guess Nature advocate must have got nuked or something?

He touched on some great info though before being axed. He seemed to really know how to get rid of cats. I searched the web for ways to get rid of them and many many of the sites turned out to be decoys of actual cat lickers. I mean dozens of these sites are actually cat lickers that are more against ridding the planet of horrible animals [ domestic cats] than alqueda.

I tried many ways and it was really difficult for me. I admire NA's prowess with air and rimfire, like I said good info there.

Did you figure some surefire [pun] way of ridding yourself of the vermin?

Cats for me were remarkably bullet proof and seem to heal from almost anything. There are two kinds of people [min.] dog lovers or cat lickers. You can tell a lot about a person who has a cat box or not in their home. I thought that very funny that not even ranging wild animals could eat cat carcass. I always snicker at least a little when I see somebody kissing their cat on the nose or lips after the cat just got done cleaning.
How are you so confident using the same terminology as that psychopath?
September 5th, 2014 at 11:32:21 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Quote: odiousgambit

When they say does a bear Crap in the woods, they mean it. We had one running around the county and it went right down my neighborhood going 20 miles in a day doing whatever they do roaming, searching for mates.

Days before, stopped off the turnpike past a giant bridge over a ravine because the rest stop exit was closed. Right off the road near a trucker's urine jug, the biggest pile you can even imagine.
September 5th, 2014 at 11:35:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
@ Onenickle; I must have missed some of his posts?

If you are referring to the "licker" part I don't know for sure. I tried to type "catlover" but my fingers were happy and just typed catlicker, too funny.

Otherwise I don't know what you speak of.

Why do you say psychopath is he a banker or politician?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 7 of 7« First<4567