Are people born good?

Page 2 of 5<12345>
July 9th, 2014 at 8:33:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 118
Posts: 4993
Again, I would reiterate, most people are simply born to survive. I don't confuse that with being born evil. Though I do think some people get their initial neural wiring messed up enough to start life as a sociopath.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
July 9th, 2014 at 8:53:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 101
Posts: 6441
Quote: rxwine
Well, that's why you have to do an island experiment with kids. With no role models young kids would only have each other to model from. What you're saying, is they automatically turn to evil as they are born evil.


But I am saying look at areas with few role models and look at how they turn out. They turn out from bad to unlivable. How are the kids in Detroit doing learning from each other?
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
July 9th, 2014 at 9:17:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 118
Posts: 4993
Quote: AZDuffman
But I am saying look at areas with few role models and look at how they turn out. They turn out from bad to unlivable. How are the kids in Detroit doing learning from each other?


Well, the thing is, if you have bad parents, and live in a bad environment, you really have the odds rolling against you. But that doesn't mean you were born a bad egg from the start. (so to speak) To be born a bad egg is being born evil before any influences at all.

Chicken reference: All Eggs are generally laid fresh. Not rotten. Doesn't mean they can't go rotten. But doesn't prove they were all laid rotten to start with.

Humans much like chicken eggs. Not bad at the start generally. They want to hatch and start cheeping. That's all. That's not evil personified (in my book)

? lol.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
July 9th, 2014 at 9:21:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 118
Posts: 4993
Evenbob may want to tell you chickens are evil and nasty though. lol.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
July 9th, 2014 at 10:00:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 101
Posts: 6441
Quote: rxwine
Well, the thing is, if you have bad parents, and live in a bad environment, you really have the odds rolling against you. But that doesn't mean you were born a bad egg from the start. (so to speak) To be born a bad egg is being born evil before any influences at all.

Chicken reference: All Eggs are generally laid fresh. Not rotten. Doesn't mean they can't go rotten. But doesn't prove they were all laid rotten to start with.

Humans much like chicken eggs. Not bad at the start generally. They want to hatch and start cheeping. That's all. That's not evil personified (in my book)

? lol.


What we seem to have here is exactly what was stated in the video. You are blaming "environment" and other factors that made them go bad. I am stating that bad is the default and you have to work at being good.

The USA, Western Europe, Japan, and most of the countries that came from the Brits have really made "good" societies. Most people actually follow the rules most of the time with the exception of some silly rules with no victims or problems if they are not followed. This is not the case in most of the world. From warlords in Africa to the Mafia in Italy, strongmen pop up because the evil was too much for official channels to control. So the people accept the evil of the mafia in Sicily because it is more predictable to chaos.

Americans and Canadians are spoiled rotten.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
July 9th, 2014 at 11:38:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 118
Posts: 4993
Quote: AZDuffman
What we seem to have here is exactly what was stated in the video. You are blaming "environment" and other factors that made them go bad. I am stating that bad is the default and you have to work at being good.

The USA, Western Europe, Japan, and most of the countries that came from the Brits have really made "good" societies. Most people actually follow the rules most of the time with the exception of some silly rules with no victims or problems if they are not followed. This is not the case in most of the world. From warlords in Africa to the Mafia in Italy, strongmen pop up because the evil was too much for official channels to control. So the people accept the evil of the mafia in Sicily because it is more predictable to chaos.

Americans and Canadians are spoiled rotten.


My suggestion is that if you threw very naïve humans in a neutral environment, the results would not always be negative or positive. They would vary. So, they don't start evil.

Now if we throw the same naïve humans in the middle of worst parts of the world, I would expect the environment to make many negative results.

So, no, I don't believe humans are evil, or good. (generally, with exceptions to malfunctions of the brains in some)
No one has ever proven I am not God.
July 9th, 2014 at 12:13:33 PM permalink
chickenman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 0
Posts: 368
Quote: rxwine

Chicken reference
Easy on the chickens.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
July 10th, 2014 at 1:43:53 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Member since: Mar 5, 2013
Threads: 16
Posts: 549
I believe good and evil people become when there is a need and opportunity. Obviously, if you kill all the evil people, some of the good will transform to fill the void and prossper, or vice versa. You'll always have both the good and evil who are in denial as well and the whole field is constantly changing.
July 10th, 2014 at 1:47:36 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Member since: Mar 5, 2013
Threads: 16
Posts: 549
Ghetto people to me and all the criminals are probably the only true Americans left.
July 10th, 2014 at 3:11:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 101
Posts: 6441
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Ghetto people to me and all the criminals are probably the only true Americans left.


They do help keep my days interesting.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
Page 2 of 5<12345>