Gas Prices

February 10th, 2021 at 6:39:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

Gasoline here is 2.56, up almost .50 in the last month. Oh boy.

I just landed in California
That's cheap
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 10th, 2021 at 6:45:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
I just landed in California
That's cheap
Yeah, California gas is shocking. You headed out to the beach?

83 here today.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 10th, 2021 at 8:09:09 PM permalink
terapined
Yeah, California gas is shocking. You headed out to the beach?

83 here today.

Still in the desert
El Centro
Damm GFCI went out
Hopefully a bad GFCI
Going to a RV place tomorrow. 8am appointment
Hopefully a quick fix
If so, need to know exact specifications of the GFCI unit so next one I can replace if simply a bad GFCI
Went to home depot, too many to choose from
Also I dont like messing with electricity
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 11th, 2021 at 2:41:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Where should people learn about saving for retirement? Ideally everyone would have two loving teaching parents, but obviously some children get shorted on that end.

Bush43 had the best idea, let people self direct 2% of the 15% that goes to FICA. It could not be allowed to go forward because it would put wealth in the hands of too many minorities who could then transfer it to the next generation. Though it was his fault for not explaining the plan over and over, he just let the left wing tear it to pieces. I remember just a couple years ago talking with a guy about it. He hated it, but after I calmed him down and explained it he was like, "wait, that is a great idea!"

My brother has three kids all under 10 and he managed to start IRAs for them so they have a real head start.

I think I was born in the right notch to get it. I saw people lose pensions when I was a kid. Hundreds of thousands. People who do not remember the formation of the rust belt will not get that. If you only saw the plenty of the mid 80s and 1990s you will not get it.

Gas is up fifty cents? Don't thank me, thank a Biden voter.
The President is a fink.
February 18th, 2021 at 7:36:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: Evenbob

And so it begins. Gone up 40 cents
in the last 3 weeks.

The gas creep is on, creeping ever
upwards. Up over 50 cents in Feb
so far.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 18th, 2021 at 7:54:46 PM permalink
terapined
In San Diego
Was at a stoplight
2 gas stations across the street from each other
with
a 30 cent difference
I have never seen that big of a difference in prices across the street from one another
3.99 a gallon vs 3.69 a gallon
February 18th, 2021 at 8:04:34 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
In San Diego
Was at a stoplight
with
a 30 cent difference
I have never seen that big of a difference in prices across the street from one another

Is that for ‘regular’? It is up to $2.49 here. Was probably $0.30 less until the pipeline announcement.
February 18th, 2021 at 8:21:39 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
Is that for ‘regular’? It is up to $2.49 here. Was probably $0.30 less until the pipeline announcement.

Of course
Only gas price I pay attention too
February 19th, 2021 at 7:36:40 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
In San Diego
Was at a stoplight
with
a 30 cent difference

In Las Vegas I worked for a company that had about 150 gas station and convenience stores. Our prices were regularly 20 cents to 40 cents higher than the independent stores which I thought was crazy. At the same time, they were the busiest gas stations in town. Why lower the price if the patrons are still coming in hoards.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 19th, 2021 at 11:44:48 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Oil and gas prices will continue to rise. Producers were forced to add debt and slash capital expenditures, by tens of billions last year, due to declining revenues. This means less oil and gas production, just in time for the post Covid boom.