Gas Prices

November 10th, 2021 at 1:00:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I got gas 10 days ago and it was $3.29 and at the same station today $3.49. Buckle up. When Trump was president there was a stretch when I was paying under $2 a gallon. No wonder he was re-elected in a landslide and got more votes than any sitting president in history. People pay attention to this stuff because it hits them right in the pocketbook where they live. Just saw a commentator on CNBC of all places freaking out over the rampant Poopypants inflation. Something is going to hit the fan soon, the same stuff that Beijing Joe filled his pants with when he saw the Pope.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 10th, 2021 at 1:14:33 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Evenbob
No wonder he was re-elected in a landslide and got more votes than any sitting president in history.

Methinks you're in dire need of a powerful laxative, spewing nonsense such as that.
November 10th, 2021 at 1:25:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: missedhervee
Methinks you're in dire need of a powerful laxative, spewing nonsense such as that.

It's a fact Trump got more votes than any sitting president in history, look it up. It's also a fact that he won the election in a landslide.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 10th, 2021 at 1:29:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It's a fact Trump got more votes than any sitting president in history, look it up. It's also a fact that he won the election in a landslide.

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 16th, 2021 at 5:20:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Average price for a gallon of gas in California it's $4.61, average price for a gallon of gas in Los Angeles over $6. Why people want to live there and how they can afford to live there has always been a mystery to me. I've been to LA three or four times and I hated it every time I was there. Could not wait to leave. It's nothing but endless traffic and endless strip malls.
November 16th, 2021 at 5:57:05 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

EB has jumped the shark
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 16th, 2021 at 6:17:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Why people want to live there and how they can afford to live there has always been a mystery to me. I've been to LA three or four times and I hated it every time I was there. Could not wait to leave.

I'd be willing to bet that people who can afford to live comfortably in Los Angeles would feel the exact same way about the prospect of living in rural Michigan.
November 16th, 2021 at 6:43:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
I'd be willing to bet that people who can afford to live comfortably in Los Angeles would feel the exact same way about the prospect of living in rural Michigan.

Its one of the most beautiful bike rides I've ever taken, Santa Monica Beach boardwalk through Venice Beach to Marina Del Rey. Absolutely beautiful
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 17th, 2021 at 2:39:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Average price for a gallon of gas in California it's $4.61, average price for a gallon of gas in Los Angeles over $6. Why people want to live there and how they can afford to live there has always been a mystery to me. I've been to LA three or four times and I hated it every time I was there. Could not wait to leave. It's nothing but endless traffic and endless strip malls.

When I have downtime at work I will sometimes play with Google Maps. When I see a place like LA I cannot imagine living there by choice. So depressing looking. A ton of traffic to contend with for the simplest tasks. Visited once, hard to describe how fake the whole place felt. It is no wonder you hear the term "Californication." If I had to live there I would be on every anti-depressant drug invented.
The President is a fink.
November 17th, 2021 at 5:53:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Living any place with that much traffic to deal with is not a joy. But then again, if I can avoid driving during the heaviest traffic hours I do that as often as possible, no matter where I am.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?