Malasia Flight 17

Page 1 of 3123>
July 17th, 2014 at 12:05:10 PM permalink
98Clubs
Threads: 2
Reported today early in the AM on the E. Coast Malaysia Flight 17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed over SE Ukraine. No one is claiming responsibility, and no one is talking yet. The flight was at cruising altitude of 33,000 feet (10km) at the time of the incident. Whaat I will opine is that after viewing footage of the wreckage area (large, about 10 mi square) I see uncharred plane fusalage parts at large distance from the central "crash" area. I do suspect Surface to Air Missile/planted device/O2 canisters.

NOW, we are hearing that all flights be diverted away from this zone. IIRC US based flights have been dirverted away for quite some time.
There are four things certain in life... Death, Taxes, the Resistance to them, and Stupidity.
July 17th, 2014 at 12:27:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
We now have 2 Malaysian jet threads.
I think I'll start a 3rd complaining about
it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 17th, 2014 at 1:28:13 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
So, there is likely no linkage between the US Sanctions and the downing. My bet is that the rebels shot it down, not knowing what it was taking now. i don't think neither governments of Ukraine nor Russia would take aim (by accident or purposefully) at a civilian target.
July 17th, 2014 at 1:49:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Obama heard about it on the news, that's
how he hears about everything else,
according to his press sock puppet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 17th, 2014 at 4:09:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: boymimbo
So, there is likely no linkage between the US Sanctions and the downing. My bet is that the rebels shot it down, not knowing what it was taking now. i don't think neither governments of Ukraine nor Russia would take aim (by accident or purposefully) at a civilian target.
Not so.
Its real hard for a local militant group to do anything about a plane flying at FL 33, its takes military weapons system with radar telemetry and course correction to do that, not some point and shoot heat seeking missle system that doesn't even the range.

A week early a Ukrainian Transport plane had been shot at high level... that was clearly Russian military not Russian backed Ukrainian militants with Saturday night specials.

Route was foolishly used by MH
July 17th, 2014 at 7:46:38 PM permalink
boymimbo
Route was not inside of restricted zone, was flying above FL320 in airspace frequented by many civilian aircraft every day. Lots of civilian jetlines also traverse Iraq and Afghanistan too as the flight level that they fly at is seen as not risky. There are reports of Ukranian rebels taking SAM missiles in late June capable of taking down the plane. The plane was travelling in Ukraine airspace, the plane was taken down well west of the Russian border, and the airplane debris found in Ukraine in rebel controlled zone.

Odds are that the truth will be found, especially with all of the evidence.

Russian TV is stating it was Ukranian military who shot it down. The Ukranian's purpose of doing that would be to get sympathy for its war against the rebels, but if they did that and got caught, it would backfire.

The Ukranians are blaming the rebels, and their response is to deny responsibility. It wasn't in Russian airspace so I doubt Russian military took it down.

All signs point of rebel miscue. They were aiming at something not knowing what it was, thinking it was a Ukrainian plane.
July 17th, 2014 at 8:33:11 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
How much money could be made shooting this plane down considering the day before news reports were about how world events in the ukraine being mild factored into oil prices falling.
July 17th, 2014 at 8:47:47 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
All signs point of rebel miscue. They were aiming at something not knowing what it was, thinking it was a Ukrainian plane.

It's the simplest explanation. They shot down a plane a few weeks ago. All indications are they thought they were shooting another cargo/transport plane.
July 18th, 2014 at 8:55:42 AM permalink
boymimbo
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
How much money could be made shooting this plane down considering the day before news reports were about how world events in the ukraine being mild factored into oil prices falling.

One could say the same about Israel invading Gaza. Any kind of world instability makes oil prices jump thanks mostly in part to opportunistic traders who can make the oil prices rise and fall on a dime.
July 18th, 2014 at 9:57:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
One could say the same about Israel invading Gaza. Any kind of world instability makes oil prices jump thanks mostly in part to opportunistic traders who can make the oil prices rise and fall on a dime.

Hardly any trader is able to do this. To try is to become bankrupt if the market does not follow you.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 3123>