Malasia Flight 17

Page 3 of 3<123
July 21st, 2014 at 4:32:33 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: beachbumbabs
They are reporting that the rebels had shot down 3 Ukrainian aircraft in the previous weeks; what information they've released already makes it circumstantially clear that it was the rebels, that they had Russian support and training, and they didn't know they were shooting down an airliner until they saw the mess on the ground. I'll be very surprised if it turns out to be anything different, though they seem to be doing their best to stymie and confuse the investigation so far.

I agree with this statement. Now the situation is back on the world's radar screens, so I think it is possible that it was done deliberately. But intent may prove impossible to demonstrate.

The primary beneficiary seems to be the government of Ukraine. But that doesn't necessarily imply that they were behind it. I think right now if they applied for membership in the EU, President Obama would come out in favor like he did in Turkey.
July 21st, 2014 at 6:53:02 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
I don't think it was deliberate, but you're right, it brings focus to the situation. I wish they would fast forward to the end game: Russia takes over Ukraine.
July 21st, 2014 at 5:46:20 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: boymimbo
I don't think it was deliberate, but you're right, it brings focus to the situation. I wish they would fast forward to the end game: Russia takes over Ukraine.

I understand that Moldova (3.5 million ppl) may give up it's sovereignty and join Romania as a fast track way of joining the European Union.
July 21st, 2014 at 6:12:45 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin

I understand that Moldova (3.5 million ppl) may give up it's sovereignty and join Romania as a fast track way of joining the European Union.

Ah, but what will have to Transnistria?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 22nd, 2014 at 11:55:57 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: TheCesspit
Ah, but what will have to Transnistria?

Kaliningrad Oblast has survived for almost 70 years.Things may not end up contiguous.
July 22nd, 2014 at 3:14:38 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin
Kaliningrad Oblast has survived for almost 70 years.Things may not end up contiguous.

I was more thinking that Trannistria was formed mostly for the fear of the unification with Romania. If Moldova does to join the EU, it's status will be questionable, as will Gagauzia's as well. Gagauzia held a referendum to become independent if Moldova joins the EU. Could get very complex down there with enclaves and corridors.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
July 25th, 2014 at 3:26:41 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Air Algerie plane that just crashed in Mali seemed like it was pretty far west of the great circle route. Some have suggested that the MD-80's are just too old.

At one time, American operated more than 370 MD-80s . Now there are BOUT 160 left, and the fleet will shrink to under 140 by year’s end. By the end of 2018, if plans aren’t changed, the last MD-80 will be out of American’s enormous fleet.
Page 3 of 3<123