7 votes (35%)
2 votes (10%)
3 votes (15%)

20 members have voted

August 4th, 2014 at 2:59:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Cooking is impossible while high. Cooking from
a recipe, not putting something in the micro.
If you have something on the stove, it's 50/50
that you get to doing something else and forget
it's there. Dangerous. That's why dopers order
pizzas and forget they did till the knock on the
door. It's adorable when you're 19 and pathetic
when you're 41.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2014 at 4:41:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: odiousgambit
what?
"I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it." Poppies and opium are OK too then

Note that the Feds were ready to OK THC medical use in the form of pills, but nobody wanted it, the medical marijuana folks always insist it must be smoked. Every legalization has had a terrible track record of abuse [recreational use instead of medical for most users].

absolutely delusional drivel.

see other post for my opinion.
_

sorry, petroglyph! I am not usually this severe. I am in favor of decriminalization, and I still say decriminalization is the main motive for recent voter actions.

OK, this is the part where I didn't want to regret posting.

#1- For starters I don't believe you are looking at this objectively. As far as Poppies/ Opium are concerned? Production by the way since we have occupied Afghanistan is up over 1000% so, there is that. I'm am very glad for opium as the derivative of that is not only heroin [evil/ and bad] but morphine. If you ever had surgery or serious pain you too would be glad for morphine. Without it we wouldn't be where we are today with modern medicine. You twist my meaning sir, I didn't mention or promote opium but I am somewhat familiar with the opium wars as regards Britain/ China. I think heroin is the destroyer of cultures and lives and is evil. As are other narcotics which marijuana isn't one of.

#2- "The feds were ready to ok thc" well they still haven't done that so I guess they weren't quite ready. Or were you talking about the synthetic marijuana pills that would be ok if big pharma could patent and manufacture and maybe donate to their pol of choice? Well maybe they were about to ok that marijuana. I think one variety is called marinol, which IIRC people said had a different effect. I don't know, never tried it. But from what I am reading many of the mmj users don't want to smoke it. Smoking isn't good for the lungs. I believe many are after a different ingredient in pot, namely cbd, it seems to be medicinal and has no stone effect at all. As far as abuse goes, what doesn't get abused? What? Come on man, tell me. I can't think of much that doesn't get abused can you? How about some of the popular "legal" meds like valium, or ritalin or alcohol or power or love or money or religion. What is so pure that it doesn't get abused? Will you say that odious doesn't/hasn't abused and then swear to be honest? I don't think so. I've seen where kids in the outback will gather anything in a can that washes up on the beach and huff it. Ditto with glue or gas or paint. I'd rather they have some weed IN MODERATION, do I need to underline that?

#3 Well that is my opinion. We obviously disagree. It would take you less than a minute to search uses for cannabis/hemp and hours and hours to read it all. I'm not going to go through the effort to make all the links clickable for you. To me your mind is made up and the reward to me is negligable, If I was able to inform or enlighten you there would be ten to take your place to refuse to educate themselves or learn to think for themselves independantly or critically. Are you aware that Henry Ford made a car using hemp based plastic? He also fueled it with cannabis oil. Again easy for you to look up if your interested. Are you not aware that hemp seeds are the highest concentration of oil of any seeds that can be made into fuel oil? That is part of my statement, use pot seeds instead of corn for the ethanol being used in our gas, seeing as how it is impossible to use sugar cane in the USA. Are you aware of hemp clothing? Much more durable than cotton, and pot is so much easier on the soil than cotton. You have got to be aware of hemp paper, no? Really? Do you see no value in not clear cutting forests of trees that take up to 100 years to grow for paper versus hemp which takes 3 months. That could do a whole lot toward conserving resources?

In my belief system which you find delusional, ALL wars are resource /banker wars. It always comes down to coveting what someone else has, whatever reason is given to drum up support from those headed to boot camp. We spent 3-4 trillion dollars making Iraq free of wmds. How's that working. FIve thousand american lives, ten's of thousands permanently wounded and hundreds of thousands of Iraq's destroyed. All to defend the status quo. Do you prefer the way it is to everybody just sitting down around a hookah and sharing a bowl? Are you following the "party" line on Syria? How about the Ukarine? Are you ready for WW3? Who is Ferdinand this time? Do you even have a clue why we are arming the moderate alqueda in Syria who then jump the border into Iraq and form the new caliphate? Think pipeline. The spice must flow, but who's spice is the question isnt' it. Again we are financing both sides, think it has anything to do with resources or am I delusional? Do you even know where the Arab spring started or why?

And lastly should I really believe you are sorry? Just because I base my opinions on a different set of facts I don't think makes me delusional, I just see things differently than most. I always have. I haven't smoked any dope lately, but if I wanted to I would. I haven't drank alcohol in years. If I was to do one or the other do you recommend alcohol? Do you really consider that safer than weed? I think you are much smarter than what you let on here. If not sir, reconsider who is delusional.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 4th, 2014 at 5:03:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
The hemp needed for all the uses you name is
not the variety of hemp used for the drug.
You're confusing industrial hemp with cannabis
sativa. They are not the same thing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2014 at 5:39:57 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Regarding moderation, a pothead's definition of "moderation" means getting high once every couple weeks instead of once every couple days.

Also, I can't stand it when the pro-marijuana folks act like weed is no different than alcohol. Plenty of people (myself included) drink without getting drunk. OTOH, I don't know any potheads who smoke a little bit, and then say, "Ooooo.....I'd better stop now. I don't want to get high!" Marijuana is for kids anyway; alcohol is for adults.

Quote: odiousgambit
Note that the Feds were ready to OK THC medical use in the form of pills, but nobody wanted it, the medical marijuana folks always insist it must be smoked.
Right on the money. I was always skeptical of the whole medical marijuana movement for this very reason. Even back in the 90's, the most vocal proponents of medical marijuana were always the potheads.

Quote: Evenbob
If I had to choose, I'd
take smoking opium any day
Never tried opium. One of my college buddies wanted to try it back in the day, but then he got lazy and never got around to securing any. Probably for the better though. From what I've heard, everyone who has tried it says that they totally understand how people get hooked.

Quote: Evenbob
You're confusing industrial hemp with cannabis
sativa. They are not the same thing.
+1
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 4th, 2014 at 6:10:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Hemp is the same as cannabis sativa as the grass
in your front yard is the same as the wheat grown
in Kansas. They're both called grass and not the
same at all.
August 4th, 2014 at 6:23:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
I haven't drank alcohol in years. If I was to do one or the other do you recommend alcohol? Do you really consider that safer than weed?

Just another perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZYaVpmhjys
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 4th, 2014 at 6:38:33 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Short answer: No.

If your friend has made it this far without it, there is nothing that it will add to life or life's enjoyment that will outweigh the risks, including loss of judgement while impaired. That would be the biggest risk, IMO.
August 5th, 2014 at 5:45:52 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: petroglyph
In my belief system which you find delusional

Man, just read that stuff. You don't want to make it a poll, trust me.

Quote:
Do you even have a clue? ... Do you even know? (etc)

what's that about?

Quote:
I didn't want to regret posting

That's the part I am sorry about. I regret whatever degree of this 'internet flaming' nonsense I ever get involved with, it doesn't reflect well on anyone and between the two of us, I feel like the greater offender this time. Nonetheless, I felt quite compelled to respond somehow. If you would like to reply again, go ahead and say whatever you like, I will let you have the last word.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 5th, 2014 at 7:43:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Beethoven
Regarding moderation, a pothead's definition of "moderation" means getting high once every couple weeks instead of once every couple days.

Also, I can't stand it when the pro-marijuana folks act like weed is no different than alcohol. Plenty of people (myself included) drink without getting drunk. OTOH, I don't know any potheads who smoke a little bit, and then say, "Ooooo.....I'd better stop now. I don't want to get high!" Marijuana is for kids anyway; alcohol is for adults.

Never thought of it this way, but a good point. I might add that when most adults go out for drinks if they are feeling too much effect they generally slow down. Potheads OTOH want a bigger and better high each time.
The President is a fink.
August 5th, 2014 at 10:36:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Never thought of it this way, but a good point. I might add that when most adults go out for drinks if they are feeling too much effect they generally slow down. Potheads OTOH want a bigger and better high each time.

If they want to make alcohol only legal if you don't get drunk, then fine. Otherwise, why bother to pick on pot?

But I don't buy the premise anyway. You go to any party where there are a lot of people and there is marijuana you have people who overdo it and people who do a little. It varies as much as alcohol.

Now if we're comparing heavy pot smokers to heavy alcohol users, we're not talking about moderation anyway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?