5 votes (25%)
7 votes (35%)
2 votes (10%)
3 votes (15%)

20 members have voted

August 13th, 2014 at 2:18:21 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I saw an interesting Top Gear episode where they highlighted China's entry into the car market. It was hilarious.

Basically, they are complete rip offs of already made cars. Everything from Hyundai coupes to BMW SUVs to even Rolls Royce. They're all called funky, alpha-numeric names, and they look completely similar. They've actually been sued a number of times, and so far have continued to win.

Check out the China clones

So, like everything else - get junk steel, slave labor, and copy a design. Viola! China crap that "looks good".
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 13th, 2014 at 2:27:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Why did they even have to rewrite anything in the first place? LOL with you continually putting racism in quotes. It's not like whites weren't the only ones able to vote and own property and businesses in this country. We didn't trust China and didn't want their stuff.

Racism was in quotes because it was proposed as a reason we did not buy from China. The reality is we did not buy for a number of reasons. We didn't trust China because they were communist and fought a war against us.

I still try to avoid their stuff as it is mostly junk. If the stuff is equal I try not to buy from them because of their business practices and outright theft of intellectual property.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2014 at 3:19:17 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Racism was in quotes because it was proposed as a reason we did not buy from China. The reality is we did not buy for a number of reasons. We didn't trust China because they were communist and fought a war against us.

I still try to avoid their stuff as it is mostly junk. If the stuff is equal I try not to buy from them because of their business practices and outright theft of intellectual property.

It just seems to me we have been in so many wars, or distributing peace and democracy around the globe I lost track.
Which war are you referring to that we fought the Chinese?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 13th, 2014 at 3:33:10 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: AZDuffman

Complete total garbage everything you buy made in china and because it's so bad, I consider buying them to be a rental. You buy it, it breaks, throw it away and you buy another.

I'm dropping this because it's not important really to me, there are many factors and it comes down to opinion.
August 13th, 2014 at 3:44:11 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph
It just seems to me we have been in so many wars, or distributing peace and democracy around the globe I lost track.

Korea and Vietnam.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 13th, 2014 at 4:06:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

Korea.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2014 at 5:23:28 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
The Boxer Rebellion.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
August 25th, 2014 at 4:52:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Don't know if there was a more general thread on marijuana so, I'll stick this here.

Quote:

, 23 states allow medical marijuana to ease chronic pain and other conditions.

The researchers reviewed death certificates from all states between 1999 and 2010, when 13 states had legalized marijuana.

Since 2010, another 10 states and Washington, D.C., have adopted similar laws, the researchers said.

While overdose deaths have risen in all states, Bachhuber and his colleagues found that the annual average number of deaths caused by painkillers is nearly 25 percent less in states with medical marijuana laws.

"In absolute terms, states with a medical marijuana law had about 1,700 fewer opioid painkiller overdose deaths in 2010 than would be expected based on trends before the laws were passed," Bachhuber said.

States' overdose death rates decline an average 20 percent in the first year following the passage of a medical marijuana law, the researchers found. By the second year, overdose death rates on average decline 25 percent, and as much as 33 percent by five years after legalization of medical pot.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20140825/fewer-painkiller-deaths-in-states-with-medical-marijuana-study
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 25th, 2014 at 6:22:46 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Don't know if there was a more general thread on marijuana so, I'll stick this here.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20140825/fewer-painkiller-deaths-in-states-with-medical-marijuana-study

Ahh, painkillers and getting stoned.
Total bliss.

Just kidding :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 26th, 2014 at 9:13:11 PM permalink
scotty71
Threads: 1
Yes good Father but one should not be a pothead (stoner) thats just not in good style. I dont have time to read through all the posts and Im sure its been mentioned but it is much less destructive to society than booze.
Page 10 of 11« First<7891011>