The best form of revenge?

Page 1 of 71234>Last »
August 3rd, 2014 at 4:35:13 PM permalink
Lemieux66
Threads: 1
It has recently come to my attention that not paying a gambling debt isn't the preferred course of action against a lier and a thief. Some even say this makes you worse than him. I don' feel that way at all, but not everyone thinks like I do. So I ask all of you this: What is the best, yet most low key, form of revenge against someone? I want to not involve his friends or family. If his girlfriend finds out that he has a very specific job, she WILL break up with him. I wouldn't want my actions to be the cause of that. I also don't want to go to prison.
August 3rd, 2014 at 4:49:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Lemieux66
It has recently come to my attention that not paying a gambling debt isn't the preferred course of action against a lier and a thief. Some even say this makes you worse than him. I don' feel that way at all, but not everyone thinks like I do. So I ask all of you this: What is the best, yet most low key, form of revenge against someone? I want to not involve his friends or family. If his girlfriend finds out that he has a very specific job, she WILL break up with him. I wouldn't want my actions to be the cause of that. I also don't want to go to prison.

Let me get this straight. YOU owe him
money, yet you're the one who wants
revenge. Owing a gambling debt isn't
enough, you want to get back at him
even more. You should sneak into his
house when he's gone and steal everything
of value. That would fit right in with what
a welsher would do. Then come here and
brag about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2014 at 5:11:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Paying the debt is manly honor. Pay the debt if it is just.

Best form of revenge is let the person hang themselves in the deceit they create.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2014 at 5:17:45 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I hope FrG will stumble upon this thread, although I have a good idea what he will say.

I'm going to try to avoid talking about the bet and stick to the general theme of revenge.

My point of view is that taking revenge is generally ill-advised. One possible outcome it leads to a never-ending cycle to the point where nobody remembers what started it all. Another is that years later you realize the person who you thought wronged you actually had some valid reason and you have to live with the guilt of the pain caused by the retaliation.

I'm not going to say revenge is never right, but I can't think of a single situation in my life where I'm glad I took it nor upset that I didn't. I do carry regrets from some incidents where I did carry out anonymous revenge and I deserve to do some good time in purgatory for it.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 3rd, 2014 at 5:31:29 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
My point of view is that taking revenge is generally ill-advised. One possible outcome it leads to a never-ending cycle to the point where nobody remembers what started it all.

It leads to cliche, got it ;)

Let me counter-cliche: Revenge is a dish best served cold.

So there :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 3rd, 2014 at 5:59:20 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
What happened to "Living well is the best revenge"?
August 3rd, 2014 at 6:11:47 PM permalink
Lemieux66
Quote: Fleastiff

I have much more hate in my heart than you guys. I accept it, and I need to be myself.
August 3rd, 2014 at 6:20:28 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Fleastiff

It is, and is the answer for this.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 3rd, 2014 at 6:24:28 PM permalink
Lemieux66
Quote: Face
It is, and is the answer for this.

So you just accept if people steal and lie to you? That's just ok?
August 3rd, 2014 at 6:41:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Lemieux66
So you just accept if people steal and lie to you? That's just ok?

Of course not. Take an ice pick to his tires every
week until he catches you and beats you to death.
That's what I'd do, that will show him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 1 of 71234>Last »